Adidas ORIGINALS updates

in other news, can someone educate me on whats the difference between all these versions of Stan Smiths? 

UPDT $100

hole in tongue

heel pull tab

suede green patch 

Raf Simons $455

assume premium leather 

NIGO $90

leather 

flattened out tongue

Classic Stan Smith $75

leather? or nah ?

standard issue shoe 

WTF? 

I think the UPDT looks coolest wh the tongue and heel tab...

adidas Originals 2015 Summer Tubular Runner Tonal Pack

in other news, can someone educate me on whats the difference between all these versions of Stan Smiths? 

UPDT $100

hole in tongue

heel pull tab

suede green patch 

Raf Simons $455

assume premium leather 

NIGO $90

leather 

flattened out tongue

Classic Stan Smith $75

leather? or nah ?

standard issue shoe 
I don't know if it was too obvious to be mentioned but the Raf Simmons ones have an R instead of the three stripes. Had them in hand a couple of weeks ago and while the leather seemed to be better it wasn't overwhelmingly better. But that's probably because the "regular" leather used on the Stan Smiths is good.

Also, there's sort of another different version of the "regular" Stan Smiths, which is the pair I got recently. It has a flat tongue and softer leather and sort of a more vintage-ish look than the other version.

The Nigo ones that are supposed to drop in April will have velcro straps instead of laces.

I don't know if it was too obvious to be mentioned but the Raf Simmons ones have an R instead of the three stripes. Had them in hand a couple of weeks ago and while the leather seemed to be better it wasn't overwhelmingly better. But that's probably because the "regular" leather used on the Stan Smiths is good.

Also, there's sort of another different version of the "regular" Stan Smiths, which is the pair I got recently. It has a flat tongue and softer leather and sort of a more vintage-ish look than the other version.

The Nigo ones that are supposed to drop in April will have velcro straps instead of laces.
thanks.. yea aside from the obvious.. there were little details.. but I guess when you add up all those " little details" it makes a difference..

Pix for reference

UPDT

NIGO

Rafs

classic SS 

all items are available on UNDFTD.com FWIW 

Everytime a site is posted, and the Xeno Fluxs sell out instantly, the better I feel about paying $225 sadly 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

The Campus sole is different, they have proper stripes instead of the Stan Smith perforations and they have an added piece of leather where the holes for the laces are.

Shapewise they're somewhat similar although you can tell the difference if you see two pairs next to each other.

Both are very nice models, though.

Last edited:
Came in y'day. My first tubular, these shoes are dope. just HUGE, i sized down .5 and could have gone a whole size. not only that... the shoe itself just seems to be HUGE. 

Either way, got a TON of comments! i'll be keeping my eye on Adidas. 

Anyone know where i can still get the White Consortium Tubulars in a size US 8.5 for retail or a little above retail?

Been searching all day and can't find my size :frown:

the raf smiths infuriate me

quality is probably amazing but that R is just awful, ruins it entirely

I second this, saw pics and just had to 
mean.gif
. What were they thinking?!?!
the RAF Stans aren't even that eventful in person ..... 

would much rather just get the new premium Stans from the Blue Collection (aka the UPDT ones posted a page back) 

pulled out the Pharrell Stan's today (outlet steal for $25), speaking of ... and finally found The Hundreds x Adidas jersey in PacSun...

They're not like the usual speckled sole, looks more mixed in, speckles are very tiny, not that noticeable.  

Back
Top Bottom