Adidas NMD thread

Those look pretty dope to me XD

Keeping up with the thread is hard af
The colorway is fine, my point was that they aren't a replica of any existing colorway so it's a pair you will always know is fake. Takes a lot of the guess work out of the whole NMD LC nightmare.

The colorway is fine, my point was that they aren't a replica of any existing colorway so it's a pair you will always know is fake. Takes a lot of the guess work out of the whole NMD LC nightmare.
For sure and you'll be looking like a fake cheap *** **** whenever you're trying to "rock" these 

Oh yeah no doubt about it...

So what are we thinking about the new camo cw's they're dropping next week, cause i was gonna cop the y3 on sjs, but they went sold out already :S

Worst Key City rep out there, ankle cuff is horrendous.

Worst Key City rep out there, ankle cuff is horrendous.
Yeah the ankle cuff actually looks like they were trying to do the upcoming triple blacks, for which there are definitely more accurate reps already being made, but they stuck with the white sole.

I know first hand how uncomfortable fake UBs are, I can only imagine how bad fake NMDs feel on foot.

Anyone else order from Rock City Kicks?

They cancelled my ordering say "Cancelled and refunded due to a fraudulent risk alert being flagged."

Anyone else order from Rock City Kicks?

They cancelled my ordering say "Cancelled and refunded due to a fraudulent risk alert being flagged."
Nope. Sorry to hear about that. Mine shipped the next day and expected to get here on Thursday.

Last edited:
Primeknits: runs huge.  .5 to 1 full size large.
Circle Knits: runs slightly big.  Between TTS and .5 size large.
Mesh: runs TTS or slightly small.  I wouldn't size down at all and would consider sizing up .5.

what would guys say is the right resell price from the blk monochromes?

Nobody wants to work with me on ebay :frown:

Will camo pack be more limited/harder to get then last week's releases monochrome whites etc... Resell actually rose a lil over preorder prices just wondering if camps will be the same

Does anyone know what the R1 means?  I'm interested in getting the footlocker exclusive nmd R1, but it doesn't look like it's made of primeknit because it doesn't have that sock like liner opening like the other primeknits.  I know it's been mentioned by some sneaker blog that it is knit, so I'm wondering if it's primeknit or not and what does the R1 mean.   It's more expensive than the regular models. 

I have a 9.5 black PK on the way from ADC, in case someone wants it and copped the white monochome in 9.5

Another shoutout to the homie who posted that City Sport link on the 17th. Got one, shipped on 18th, arrive on 21st all the way from Chicago to LAX. Yeah anyone who says to go a .5 or a full size down in the mesh is tripping. This fits tighter than the pk. 

Does anyone know what the R1 means?  I'm interested in getting the footlocker exclusive nmd R1, but it doesn't look like it's made of primeknit because it doesn't have that sock like liner opening like the other primeknits.  I know it's been mentioned by some sneaker blog that it is knit, so I'm wondering if it's primeknit or not and what does the R1 mean.   It's more expensive than the regular models. 
I think it means "Release 1" but I'm not sure. So far all the NMDs that have dropped are R1s.

edit - posted below but I'm changing my answer to "Runner 1" haha

Last edited:

Does anyone know what the R1 means?  
runner
Are you sure? Most of them have both Runner & R1 in the title, would seem redundant if R1 stood for Runner.

I've heard others say it means "Release 1" which I just posted, but now that I think more about it, I think it stands for "Runner 1" because the City Sock is abbreviated as CS1 aka City Sock 1 and the Chukka is abbreviated as C1 aka Chukka 1, denoting that they're part of the first wave of NMDs.

NMD_R1 as in Nomad Runner 1.

I think the underscore is the blinking cursor of a command prompt i.e. NMD_

Remember it's referencing the revolutionary time of the mid 80's when the three original models came out.

Just like adidas_1 with a similar computerized revolutionary type reference.

These are such polar opposites, overly simple vs. unnecessarily complicated.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom