Adidas NMD thread

Do you know what the other pairs even say though? Not sure how it's morally/ethically better to wear them just because they have different buzzwords. Still made under exact same conditions.

I'm not arguing for or against the black colorway, it's aesthetically the least appealing of the 3 to me, I just don't see how that pair would offend you when the entire pharrell collection is essentially trying to "stand for" the same thing.
Pretty sure the other pairs say human species. To me that's not really making as bold a statement as world equality. It's the equality thing I find odd and slightly oxymoronic, especially when it's on a pair of shoes so limited that the majority of people won't be able to get them. Exclusivity and equality don't really go hand in hand. Not saying that I don't like them, neither would I take issue with someone else wearing them, I'd just feel strange having those words on those shoes on my feet. No doubt others feel differently which is all good.

Last edited:
Pretty sure the other pairs say human species. To me that's not really making as bold a statement as world equality. It's the equality thing I find odd and slightly oxymoronic, especially when it's on a pair of shoes so limited that the majority of people won't be able to get them. Exclusivity and equality don't really go hand in hand. Not saying that I don't like them, neither would I take issue with someone else wearing them, I'd just feel strange having those words on those shoes on my feet. No doubt others feel differently which is all good.

If you look at these shoes from colorway and written message perspective, I don't see a problem. They look cool and are comfortable, positive messages uplift.

Kinda irked about using Holi as the vehicle and as a message of peace, which is a modern thing. I'm not Hindi but my Hindi friends explained the background and history (talking 60s) of this holiday, and basically its to celebrate one group of people, the Brahmanics, and persecute Buddhists and Jains, untouchables, non Hindi's. It was to celebrate one groups triumph over another. Buddhists monks were burned alive, women were raped. More recently, there used to be an official 15 day period of insults during this holiday, where mud and trash is thrown at non Hindi's. Live and let go I guess. All we see now are the colorful chalk and sweets. And money.

Curious how many untouchables and sudras will line up at Adidas Delhi and own a pair?

Am I still going for a pair? Absolutely. But purely to flip and buy/wear something else.

Just to add, all religions have skeletons in their closet. Hinduism is just one of many, I'm Catholic, we aren't perfect. My point is that selling shoes or a track suit using a religious holiday as a vehicle is IMO exploitive, single faceted, and ignores history. Might piss off some people, especially in their home country.

Pharrell seems to get away with a lot though. Isn't the original Hu NMD shoes inspired by North Dakota Native Americans? Or did he get a pass for that too?

Looks cool though.

Last edited:
77D918B0-B1D6-42FC-9CEA-4448B8AD62EA.png
Always have good luck with SNS Pharrell raffles

Stupid sns sent me a reraffle thing live on their website and made me log in and then said page doesn't exist :smh:

Think they didnt let me add an NMD to cart cuz I already copped an Iniki. Oh well...glad I got one

Edit: nevermind...musta just been sold out by time I got to it, cuz they let me add one of the others

Back
Top Bottom