Adidas NMD thread

theyll go back up to 3 if the sellers are willing to wait like a year or so. maybe. adidas is hard to predict because they release 9million CWs of the same shoe in a small period of time. if you didnt sell by this past week youre stuck unless you sell cash. cause with fees might as well keep them. 

SN: glad these prices arent crazy. NMDs on a whole have very reasonable prices, except human races. just need the white OG to release in mass numbers now. 
there are barley any Adidas shoes these days at reasonable prices.... every shoe is like $150-200each... step outside of the shoe hype and think bigger picture of shoes....its pretty damn expensive copping even every 3rd release at retail prices.... 

theyll go back up to 3 if the sellers are willing to wait like a year or so. maybe. adidas is hard to predict because they release 9million CWs of the same shoe in a small period of time. if you didnt sell by this past week youre stuck unless you sell cash. cause with fees might as well keep them. 

SN: glad these prices arent crazy. NMDs on a whole have very reasonable prices, except human races. just need the white OG to release in mass numbers now. 
good for me lol. I'm about to pull the trigger for $225 shipped. These have literally zero resell value right now.

you can sell these easily for 275-300 so it kinda just depends on where you're selling and how desperately you need cash

Wow these og nmd's have really dipped in value since the release. Sellers are willing to part with them for $225 shipped and looking at past sales on stockx, they're barely selling for over retail. Seems like resellers are stuck with them at least for the time being.
the way I look at it ... We are in a sneaker thread ... We are the ones that hype this kicks up ... The majority of the people don't give two ***** ... So when most of us cop the sides that go OD are stuck with sneakers .. Like someone said .. Look the sheep mentality ... These went from 1k to 250 because now everyone has them and aren't "exclusive" ... A month ago most would of have have a left nut to trade for em but now people are saying trade OGs for TB and they are laughed. These are kicks man .. You can have pitch black and I might bat an eye and keep it moving .... Unless you are in that culture no one will give A damn.

I showed my wifey the OG NMD and she said they aiight I like white tri colors better ... I showed her black NMDs and she said those are nice to beat up when riding your motorcycle .. Goes to show how woman think ... Plus honestly speaking beside a handful of dudes that I seen styling most of this show head are fat overweight kids wearing cargos or pimple face or nerdy kids thinking they are exclusive ... Insert race and have one ...

Of course is not the norm but it's the majority ....

My boy is a handsome well educated dude that is pulling 6 figures a year and he never wears expensive anything .. Most of the time is shoes/sneakers from H&M and the likes and he is always with a banging fem ....

So to conclude this rant .. LoL .. The price is what we dictate and most people are wired to think they are somehow more important cooler with something no one else has ... But in all honesty most look like the same dorks just with hyped kicks ....

the way I look at it ... We are in a sneaker thread ... We are the ones that hype this kicks up ... The majority of the people don't give two ***** ... So when most of us cop the sides that go OD are stuck with sneakers .. Like someone said .. Look the sheep mentality ... These went from 1k to 250 because now everyone has them and aren't "exclusive" ... A month ago most would of have have a left nut to trade for em but now people are saying trade OGs for TB and they are laughed. These are kicks man .. You can have pitch black and I might bat an eye and keep it moving .... Unless you are in that culture no one will give A damn.

I showed my wifey the OG NMD and she said they aiight I like white tri colors better ... I showed her black NMDs and she said those are nice to beat up when riding your motorcycle .. Goes to show how woman think ... Plus honestly speaking beside a handful of dudes that I seen styling most of this show head are fat overweight kids wearing cargos or pimple face or nerdy kids thinking they are exclusive ... Insert race and have one ...

My boy is a handsome well educated dude that is pulling 6 figures a year and he never wears expensive anything .. Most of the time is shoes/sneakers from H&M and the likes and he is always with a banging fem ....

So to conclude this rant .. LoL .. The price is what we dictate and most people are wired to think they are somehow more important cooler with something no one else has ... But in all honesty most look like the same dorks just with hyped kicks ....
You're looking at it all wrong. The people in this forum represent a minuscule fraction of what embodies the sneaker community

You're looking at it all wrong. The people in this forum represent a minuscule fraction of what embodies the sneaker community
am I???

I don't mean just this forum but the sneaker / hip-hop culture ... I can ask many people about Yezzys and half will know what I'm talking about ... Ask the same people about NMDs and it drops to about 15% ...

I get what you're saying, and agree (thats what I was talking about last night). OG's went from grail status to an after-thought because they're available for close to retail and no longer close to a G so now they aren't cool anymore. Same shoe to me and glad I finally got my size. I'm not touching the demographics you're speaking of though
roll.gif
   I'm more like your friend, but I do spend extra on shoes (not like most of you though, my collection of shoes is small in comparison to most) and my watches but everything else is modest and basic

Last edited:
I get what you're saying, and agree (thats what I was talking about last night). OG's went from grail status to an after-thought because they're available for close to retail and no longer close to a G so now they aren't cool anymore. Same shoe to me and glad I finally got my size. I'm not touching the demographics you're speaking of though :rofl:
why not? Call a spade a spade. I don't give a damn if people get but hurt ...

I haven't made a line in years but when I was backdooring all I ever saw was the kids I describe and all wearing their heat like it was who has the biggest **** show ... Like yes I get it .. I been there putting kicks on ice but fan 80% of my kicks were worn ... Most of the time shortly after release ... You do that now and you are called a cornball .... LoL

these kicks went from 1k to 250 because they went from an exclusive release to a broad general release. So now it's an afterthought? If anything it was an afterthought when itw as worth 1k and people would not bother trying to cop it. lol the OG is still one of the most sought after sneakers regardless of the price it's selling at, just look at all the buying and selling activity and chatter on it.

Last edited:

these kicks went from 1k to 250 because they went from an exclusive release to a broad general release. So now it's an afterthought? If anything it was an afterthought when itw as worth 1k and people would not bother trying to cop it. lol the OG is still one of the most sought after sneakers regardless of the price it's selling at, just look at all the buying and selling activity and chatter on it.
Of course, and along with that went the hype. Dudes were calling them grails 6-9 months ago, not now. Sure, people still want them- but my point was a lot of the same people trying to trade for them or catch a deal when they were a 1,000 aren't buying them at 250. Sure, why pay over market- thats a no brainer. But that is the market right now and its not that much over retail. My point was they were after the exclusivity and hype moreso than just buying the shoe for what it actually was. Not a big deal, just funny. Sure, its economics but I find it funny how some people act over shoes when they're rare and hard to get

I'm not saying they aren't because I'm not in that circle anymore ... However, I have yet to hear anyone outside of NT or now Facebook NMD/Adida groups asking for OGs ...

BTW were this label exclusive in release date?

The only people that feel like the OG NMDs are an afterthought are the people who have reselling them in mind. Because I was happy as sh*t when I was able to get them at retail (in my case below). But there are people that look at my feet when I wear them and give me compliments. OGs are still one of the best colorways dropped if you genuinely like shoes. You won't give a damn about them if you're in the reselling business or if you're trying to be part of the "upper echelon" of look at me I have kicks others can't get and have to pay $1k for.

Of course, and along with that went the hype. Dudes were calling them grails 6-9 months ago, not now. Sure, people still want them- but my point was a lot of the same people trying to trade for them or catch a deal when they were a 1,000 aren't buying them at 250. Sure, why pay over market- thats a no brainer. But that is the market right now and its not that much over retail. My point was they were after the exclusivity and hype moreso than just buying the shoe for what it actually was. Not a big deal, just funny. Sure, its economics but I find it funny how some people act over shoes when they're rare and hard to get
Repped

Carting my size on Suede, they just posted a restock on their ig story of the NMD white tri-color, won't allow me to checkout though. Just in case anybody else wanted to try....

Back
Top Bottom