Adidas NMD thread

I can only speak for my feet but for me, the PK is thinner than the mesh upper so my feet have a lot more room to settle in. The PK upper is a lot softer IMO than the mesh upper. Therefore, IMO the PK is far more comfortable than the mesh version.
I think the comfort comparison is with the midsole and boost cushioning, and not the upper material.

I haven't tried PK NMDs and I don't see how the comfort would be much different if the midsole doesn't change.

I think the comfort comparison is with the midsole and boost cushioning, and not the upper material.

Unless you try different pairs on, you would be inclined to think this way. I used to think this as well but I've found the upper makes a big difference for comfort.

I've had on the Pusha T EQT UBs and also the Y-3 XRay Zips that utilize the ultra boost midsole/sole and they definitely don't match Ultra Boost comfort. Similarly, the mesh NMDs are significantly less comfortable than the PK.

You won't know unless you try it.

Last edited:
My pharrel's were pretty good, the sole ofc is a lil weird bu the way the PK feels on foot. Ah, heaven 
Pharrells are much more comfortable than normal NMD PKs in my opinion. My pharrells are a size 10 and my all of my R1 are a 10.5. Id like to try a 10 in the R1.

Pharrells are one of my favorite pairs to rock.

Just ordered black tri-co US9 (EU 42 1/2) from deliberti shipped to Australia.. They supposedly only had 1 left so let's see if they actually send me a confirmation email of shipment. (They set me back a little bit more than retail due to shipping)

Last edited:
I found my nmd midsole rather dirty so I used Angelus cleaning kit but it didn't work very well.
So I googled Google and found this misleading article who say it is okay to use bleach.
http://www.gq.com/story/sneaker-cleaning-white-knit-running-adidas-ultra-boost

But äter bleaching it, my nmd midsole turned yellowish.

I tried using retr0bright formula (Using Volume 40 Hair Bleach, some clothes detergent and sunlight). It works and maintains the midsole white but reverting back to yellow only in less than a week.

Any solution do you all have? I cannot paint because boost sole are too sort and the paint might just crack off.

View media item 2285071

View media item 2285072

View media item 2285073

Yeah that GQ article is really stupid, bleach doesn't work on boost, in fact cleaning it with any chemicals only seems to speed the yellowing process.

Unfortunately painting is your only option.

Here are my poor man's pitch blacks. Finished painting them the other day. Hopefully they hold up. I've yet to hear from anyone that has blacked out boost and worn them for 3 months. I'll report back once they have some wear in them.

View media item 2284537

Looks awesome!!
What paint did you use?
I'm thinking about doing the same with my black wools for quite some time.
Would appteciate if you can keep us updated how the paint stays on the boost.

Last edited:
PK NMDs, if sized right, are significantly more comfortable than Mesh NMDs. I go down a full size from my usual size to have that snug feeling and they feel wonderful

Your best bet is going true to size and throwing a zoom or lunaron insole in. They feel more comfortable than ultra boosts that way. The PK upper feels socklike and you get all of the squishy comfort of Boost

Your best bet is going true to size and throwing a zoom or lunaron insole in. They feel more comfortable than ultra boosts that way. The PK upper feels socklike and you get all of the squishy comfort of Boost
I personally prefer going down half a size then throwing in an insole as well. Nice and snug and comfortable AF.

Is it just me or is the footbed not comfortable at all?? The perforations/cutouts feel too firm and make the bottoms of my feet hurt?? The pair I tried on was the red with gray heel and reflective laces
I don't have that issue.  If you're finding that uncomfortable, take the insole out of your ultra boosts and throw them in your NMD's.  Boost shoes all use a similar perforated footbed.  The only difference is some have insoles and some don't.

Instead of the triple black nmd I'm going to go for the triple black UB as you guys state they're more comfortable. My question do the UB run TTS?

Instead of the triple black nmd I'm going to go for the triple black UB as you guys state they're more comfortable. My question do the UB run TTS?
If it's the UB 2.0 then I always go .5 size up. don't know how the UB 3.0 run tho 

TTS or half a size up for wide feet. For my TB 1.0, I went half a size up even though I don't have wide feet just cause I like extra toe room and they fit great.

Last edited:
My boy picked up an extra pair of the wool primeknits. Anybody own a pair? Curious if they make your feet uncomfortably warm. Closest I have to wool are the grey & cream v1 UBs but they both seem more breathable than the NMD.

Back
Top Bottom