Adidas J Wall 1 Vol. 10/31 release

From what I have heard he had NO INPUT on design, performance wise. He only wanted his personal touches placed everywhere and even then it was up to designers to plan. He was hard to talk to and find. Like he regretted Reebok, who wouldnt, and had no choice on adidas, so he laid out waiting on his contract to expire to go Nike.

Yeah I want to see him with UA or one of the Chinese brand(Peak,Anta,Li-Ning) so prices don't go overboard throughout the years with Nike. Jordan brand is okay so I won't be buying anything lol.

watch him endorse kobes now that kobe retiring after this season :lol:

Last edited:
I don't feel bad for him other than the early years with Reebok.  He could have signed a pretty good deal from Adidas, but he wanted Harden money.  He's a good player, but no MVP candidate like Harden was last year.

The part that should be emphasized is that none of his shoes have blown anyone away in terms of performance.  That would have gone a long way.  Signing with Reebok to start was a bad decision, unless they put out some kind of beast on court, which they didn't.  Nike and Adidas have the kind of clout to put out stinkers and still be okay.  Reebok not so much.

They needed to do what Under Armour did with the Spawns and Clutchfit Drives.  They had a real opportunity with the Wall 2 and they hit a double when they needed a home run (although I haven't played in them).

That is the status quo in the league. If Adidas wants a player, they have to pay the "Adidas" tax. He wants at least $10mil a year from Adidas, but will sign with another company (looking like Nike) for less than that and not think twice about it. He is in limbo right now because Adidas has the right to match any offer he gets for the next year. So, he will not sign a new shoe deal until Adidas' clause has expired.

It's standard industry knowledge that players tell their agents "if Nike is even remotely close, we'll sign with them". Do you think Adidas likes having to pay dudes double just to keep them away from Nike?

As I stated in the other thread, I would die laughing if he wore some whited out or blacked out Nikes at the All Star game. That would be the ultimate Troll move.

Yeah Conley is wearing UA because he respects Curry. Not sure if the deal is official.

Wonder how low these 2s will go for when they clear inventory. $30? lol

You mean the "non-Nike/JR tax" and it's very true about that aka Jimmy Butler and Kobe. Adidas needs to not worry about signing blockbuster money to players and just make good looking on and OFF court shoes and sign rookies to 4 year contracts. If they want their shoes to be seen then sign both rookies and starting 5 players who will get tons of minutes. But they need more shoes like FYW, ZX and Tubulars but with basketball touches.

Another colorway of the Wall 2.5?

The-adidas-J-Wall-2-Gets-Jacquard-1.jpg

The-adidas-J-Wall-2-Gets-Jacquard-3.jpg

http://weartesters.com/the-adidas-j-wall-2-gets-jacquard/

Last edited:
adidas outlet in Somerville MA has these for $79.99... sizes up to 13.     only the all red. no other styles

Honestly I think I'd rather have Wall on my team than Harden, but he isn't at Harden's level.  Harden should have won MVP last season in my opinion.

I'm all for guys maximizing their potential and I hope Wall gets a great deal, but Wall is tripping sometimes.  Didn't he also say he's a top 3 PG in the league right after Curry and RW?  I'd take CP3 and Lillard and maybe even Lowry or a few others before Wall.

Honestly I think I'd rather have Wall on my team than Harden, but he isn't at Harden's level.  Harden should have won MVP last season in my opinion.

I'm all for guys maximizing their potential and I hope Wall gets a great deal, but Wall is tripping sometimes.  Didn't he also say he's a top 3 PG in the league right after Curry and RW?  I'd take CP3 and Lillard and maybe even Lowry or a few others before Wall.
Agreed, Wall doesn't make my top 5

Back
Top Bottom