Adidas D ROSE 5

Seems like the largest complaint stems from the cheap-ish plastic upper--pinching, wearing down, not feeling good during play. I don't understand why they did that nice mesh upper with fuse supports for the Crazylight Boost and cheaper out with the 5. I'm wondering if the woven upper on the US/Bears c/w would feel different, what material is on that?

Adidas's bulls*hit with sizing is truly endless, I'm a pretty pretty easy fit--natural size 10, no issues, and generally not fussy about sizing. I tried the 5s on in the store and I really just don't understand what size I'm supposed to be in the shoe. 10 felt awful, 9.5 was a little better but not much. Almost every pair of Adidas shoes are all different sizes, there's just never been a true fit. I'm 10 across the board on Nike's, NB's, most Jordan's, Ascics, anything...except Adidas. Sometimes it's an 11, other times it's a 9, just absurd, 9.5, 10.5,

Yeah, that's one reason why I'm not quite on board yet.  Duke gave them a cosign and that counts for a lot in my book as we typically have similar opinions on performance shoes.  I'm fine without them at the moment, so I'm going to wait until they go on clearance.
Definitely waiting on that discount. Past Roses and most non-limited sigs eventually go on sale.

I would put them probably # 4-7 for me this year, in that range. But the XX9 and the CF Drive are better. I just don't really like the materials on the Brenda's I got - would have preferred the Aways or homes - something a little more form fitting. It is the best show adidas has put out in a while.
Unless the xx9s go on deep discount like the xx8s, I don't see a reason to cop them since I copped a bunch of xx8s on the eastbay deal. CF Drive will be copped for sure when they go on sale.

How you liking the Lebron 12?

Last edited:
What's the word on those Boost Lifestyle boots?

Adidas still shunning big footers on the Pure Boosts, so I figure the Lakeshores are the only way I'll be able to get my size 14 in something similar.

Vince - it's okay, but like the Rose Boost, I expected a more pronounced difference in cushioning. It just feels like a Zoom shoe, but with better transition than the last two. The upper is hella hard to get snug and locked in the midfoot unless you have wide WIDE feet. The ankle of the 12 and Rose 5 play and feel very similar.

The weave on the Bears is nice and it's not a crease monster. I ended up sending them back to Eastbay though as I felt a lump in the Boost where it cuts off at the tip of the toe box so it was annoying feeling it on every step. And the high midsole was pinching against my left arch for some reason and not the right. I swapped a high sidewall insole too. The midfoot being narrow and going half size down might have contributed to it. I don't know have to try tts like I originally tried on in store. The ankle support and heel lockdown is good. Also Boost is comfortable and has good bounce back.

The red pair is already discounted on Adidas, the others will follow soon so I'll hold off on getting a pair back. The Aways sold fast, hope they restock or release on other sites.

I played in a couple of games in my Chicago ice colorway. It was decent, I liked the upper, ankle area, midfoot/heel lockdown, and heel boost. Did not like the forefoot dead space and thin forefoot boost. I even swapped out the insole with a thick peak tp1 insole. That definitely made the shoe feel better.

I love the colorway and the shoe is comfortable for casual wear, but that's where it ends. Can't justify playing in these when the CF drive fits my every need. And I honestly can't say boost feels better than micro g. They hyped it so much too, while UA was more low key about it.

weirdest part of the shoe is the crazy amount of dead space above the toes

i feel the shoe needs alot more break in time - the whole shoe lol 

forefoot cushionin is very thin compared to mid and heel

another thing i found is that if i do up the laces 2 tight it digs into both sides of my foot, the area before my ankle ? i dunno how to explain it lol

however it is a very stable pair of shoes and i do like the fit to the sides and lock down is decent

given time i think the cushionin system will shine

oh and im playin outdoor wit these -

d rose 5 away

Last edited:
D Rose Lakeshore Boost lifestyle is live on adidas:

http://www.adidas.com/us/d-rose-lakeshore-boost-shoes/C77493_580.html

Black with green accent

Big-footers are still screwed...sizing ends at 12.5
eyes.gif

30% discount on Adidas, use code "friends". Good deal on some cw's of CL Boost too

Repped. Was going to pull the trigger on a pair of the Brenda's this weekend with the b day coupon at Footlocker, but this is definitely a better deal.

Last edited:
From what I have seen (home, away, alt away bears, Brenda's, ice) it goes to the Ice.

Are the black (away?) pairs only direct from Adidas? As in not available at Eastbay or Footlocker, etc.

Last edited:
Xmas pair is really underwhelming in person and the glow sucks. I may return them, even with the 40% off I paid.

Back
Top Bottom