Adidas D ROSE 5

J O N E S can you elaborate on the traction? More specifically the gray translucent, diamond shaped parts on the lower part of the forefoot and heel. And how did they do on dusty, 24 hour gym type settings.
The traction worked great although I was playing on a great D-1 court which was constantly cleaned and taken care of. I will say in the auxiliary gym at my school I noticed brief sliding as the court is more dusty, but this was common with almost all of the shoes I wore there.

Also the pair I wore still had the translucent area but instead of the square grid pattern it still had the full herringbone truncation pattern. So I honestly didn't pay much attention too it.

Picks of Traction Pattern/ Other Details

Man I sorta wish the release pairs stuck with the wavy herringbone like that on the translucent section.

I am pleased to report.. (actually really blown) that I successfully fit a whole size down from a 10 to an 9. So blown that my size 9.5 is used so I can't exchange at footlocker. You're going to be fine iks mod.

I am pleased to report.. (actually really blown) that I successfully fit a whole size down from a 10 to an 9. So blown that my size 9.5 is used so I can't exchange at footlocker. You're going to be fine iks mod.

WHAT?! whole size down...man y'all got me scared. I ordered my normal size now i'm thinking they are gonna fit huge.

I went tts and seems to fit fine but every ones foot is different. Remember you are suppose to have a little room in your shoes or you can get runners toe(blacktoe) if your shoes are too small. 

Last edited:
I picked these up at eastbay for $110 and I'm super happy. I ordered tts and they do have a little more space in the toe box area compared to the Rose 4 & 3.5.

I'm sure some people could get away with going a 1/2 size down. Once you lace up there shouldn't be an issue though. 

tumblr_nb1z9h5roT1qa7ck7o1_500.jpg

Last edited:

I picked these up at eastbay for $110 and I'm super happy. I ordered tts and they do have a little more space in the toe box area compared to the Rose 4 & 3.5.

I'm sure some people could get away with going a 1/2 size down. Once you lace up there shouldn't be an issue though. 
Ooh, I don't know, sometimes I think it's the opposite.  I've had some shoes where just wearing them without lacing they felt TTS, then when I laced them up tight, they felt a little long.  I would have gone down .5 if I could do it over again.  The Rose 3 was like that for me.  Makes sense because lacing puts that pressure on your foot and keeps it tight against the heel counter.

Seems like the bottom line for the Rose 5 is people need to try them on.  Guess that's true for every shoe, but even more so for this one.

my local house of hoops sold out on the drose 5.. dammit.l. ill have to wait till i go to portland employee store and buy it form there i guess.

Go half a size down by default. I have wide feet so I always go 11 or 11.5 in synthetics. These I had to go 10.5 and it was perfect.

I wish they would drop the FIBA USA colors, but if you are responding to the post above years, it sounds like a Bears colorway and not a USA like colorway.
I know that it won't be the USA colorway, I was just wishfully saying that it would be nice if that bears-sounding colorway had that navy woven upper.

Agree that it'd be nice if they dropped the USA pes

My size 9.5 fits like a 10 in anything ive ever tried from Nike. I wish I could hoop though. I'm still recovering from my ACL surgery

Back
Top Bottom