adidas D.Rose 4?

The rose just looks right on rose. I think adidas doin a nice job of capturing his essence.
That said these could never break my casual rotation being synthetic.
If I can scoop a pair on the low for hoopin id be all smiles

I just wish they weren't soooo ugly. I'll still pick up a pair to play in, but that split cannot be rocked casually.

The irony if that's how a lot of people feel. Remember when Rose was being interviewed for the release of his sig line he had mentioned that he wanted a shoe that could be worn both on the court and casually so the moms out there didn't have to buy more than one pair of shoes for their kids?

The irony if that's how a lot of people feel. Remember when Rose was being interviewed for the release of his sig line he had mentioned that he wanted a shoe that could be worn both on the court and casually so the moms out there didn't have to buy more than one pair of shoes for their kids?
:lol:

I guess adidas went a different direction. I would fire whoever green lit this shoe. I've hardly even seen any 3.0's on the court - maybe 2-3 pairs over the past year AND I PLAY IN CHICAGO!!!

:lol:

I guess adidas went a different direction. I would fire whoever green lit this shoe. I've hardly even seen any 3.0's on the court - maybe 2-3 pairs over the past year AND I PLAY IN CHICAGO!!!

I know a couple guys that play in them., but definitely don't see it on the court or even on the streets casually as much as you would think for the hometown hero.

I've only worn the Brenda 1.0 and 2.5s casually, but agree with you that the 4s may be a bit hard to rock casually with that contrast color split on the heel. Standing alone the shoe looks ok to me though, much better than the catalog pics originally.

really? Ive seen lots of his shoes on courts in Chicago (Im on the north side), but pretty much have only seen them rocked a handful of times casually.

First CW I kinda like, though I don't care for these non-stop inspirations :lol:

At least move away from Michigan Ave and start hitting some other Chicago institutions.

Def looks better than the Mich Ave 3 they did last year. I would like to see pics or in person without the shadows being used in these pics.

New Michigan ave colorway is my favorite so far. What it has to do with Michigan ave color wise, I don't know lol

New Michigan ave colorway is my favorite so far. What it has to do with Michigan ave color wise, I don't know lol

About as Michigan Ave as the pair last year.

As far as Chicago themes go, the L on the 2 was my favorite.

I know this is a D Rose thread but I didn't see 1 for D Howard & didn't want to start another Adidas thread. So I copped the D Howard 4 tonight & I know I may be in the vast minority but I really like this shoe a lot. Team "Wear what you like, not what they hype" all day!! 
happy.gif
I actually really liked the look of these when they were first announced. I wanted that Laker colorway but I guess that ship has sailed 
laugh.gif

Don't know if you could answer this, but then, I also don't know anyone with DH kicks: how do these compare to the Crazyquick? I'm a fan…I don't know, I like having a few Adidas in my rotation to hoop in. They're light, have good traction and ankle support, and are always valid for a "Buy One, Get One 50% off" deal. I'd like to give the Howard a try, but I don't know a single place that carries them in Canada.

Last edited:
I know this is a D Rose thread but I didn't see 1 for D Howard & didn't want to start another Adidas thread. So I copped the D Howard 4 tonight & I know I may be in the vast minority but I really like this shoe a lot. Team "Wear what you like, not what they hype" all day!! :D

View media item 636021

View media item 636024

His last two shoes seem kobe inspired lol these kind of remind me of those kobes adidas just retroed

Another Chicago inspired colorway. Nightfall..

http://www.midwestsole.com/2013/11/12/adidas-rose-4-chicago-nightfall/

I love this colorway. Idk why, but something about it..
seen these in person  and they actually look dope, i rock my 3s casually since i dont hoop lol got alot of compliments too i just rock with pants and cover the tongue since adidas seem to make all of them on his sig fat and flappy

back to 4s theres a few i want to cop might wait till they drop on price a little more, i think my first pair will be  the boardwalk joints

So he has a torn meniscus.it was a strange injury. Looks like his knee just buckled, can't blame that on the shoes. Just another Freak injury. Espn just said 4-6 months if he plays it safe. Knowing how long he sat last year. He'll play it safe and shut it down. I bet adidas is freaking out. They haven't even got the rose 4.5 out :x hope rose recovers fully.

Last edited:
Adidas gotta go back to the older heavier Rose models with more stability. I'm no longer down with the lighter, minimalist movement.

Adidas gotta go back to the older heavier Rose models with more stability. I'm no longer down with the lighter, minimalist movement.

Amen on this my man. All these overpriced, plastic garbage shoes need to go the way of the dinosaur pronto.

Amen on this my man. All these overpriced, plastic garbage shoes need to go the way of the dinosaur pronto.

Man Ive wanted this from all brands for a while now even though I dont believe Rose's injury was from his shoes or that I ever blame a shoe/brand for an injury. Thats why I like the new Chris Pauls and why I liked the D Rose 3. Theyre made of leather or synthetic leather at the very least. All these plastic shoes have an uneven distribution of weight. The sole is heavy and the upper is super light. Feels weird. I wish the D Rose 4 was made with a real leather upper on the front half to give the upper a more substantial feeling. The Melo M9s feel like an older school shoe too. And the amount of NBA players you see wearing retros from the 90s/2000s show that theres a market for heavier/more substantial performance shoes made of leather/suede.

Back
Top Bottom