adidas Continues to Dominate the Market Vol. nike hold this kevin hart

I was most shocked at Hermes. Like i had no idea they were doing it like that.

my guess is the apple watch collab helped out a lot.

Apple Watch sales in general aren't super crazy or anything, let alone the overpriced Hermes edition. And most folks who'd spring for the Hermes edition probably already rock the brand, so I can't see it pulling in a bunch of new customers.

I was most shocked at Hermes. Like i had no idea they were doing it like that.

It's the hot luxury brand right for the past couple of years. Like someone said, it's cyclical. I wonder what's next.

You got folks wanting branded gucci belts, then branded LV belts. The past few years, it's branded dress Hermes Belts.

As a guy that grew up on Nike everything, Adidas putting out that heat. I love my UBs and NMDs :pimp:

This is me in a nutshell. You won't find too many people that were more brand loyal to Nike than me, but Adidas has been bringing the heat.

Nike with no innovation and overpriced garbage the last couple of years.

Funny yall bring up cults when it sound like Jim Jones is personally serving yall that kool aid when it come to nike :lol:

Like I own flyknits, jays (og retros), boost, Nmds, and yeezys.

The way yall stick up for nike I would think yall were getting the same checks as KD and bron

Ill stop now cauae someone will just say im mad :lol:

Adidas might be dominating the niche sneaker head/IG lookbook market but the general mass still buy more Nike. Recommended ultra boosts to most of my friends when they ask for comfortable shoes, but they don't like how NMD look, don't care for Yeezy and cannot find ultra boosts widely available to try. In the end, they'll go try on some Nike lunar running shoes cause it's what they know and it's available in store for them to try on and often go on sale during NDC clearance.

You been sounding like a nike fanboy this whole thread though. Posted you don't know why people think boost is great then say how much you love lunar. Then post a lunar shoe people clown on so reply by posting an ugly yeezy shoe. Don't call people out on something that you're doing yourself.

I own almost as much Adidas as I do Nike, I am just not a Yeezy sack rider like some of y'all

you copping the Yeezy othros is confirmed though

so easy to troll hypebeasts

That's not even trolling. You just make yourself sound douchey as usual.

I'm just happy Adidas is providing us with dope choices. Need more variety when it comes to footwear.

All I can do is thank Adidas for generating the hype.

it's made copping new release and old grail asics, NB's and saucony's a lot easier.

If it isn't the 3 stripe, people don't want it. 

so thank you wex and kanye

Last edited:
Its not a "clone" though. It has a cage blah blah, it might very well be inspired by the Presto but it def is its own shoe.

What is making Adidas really move, asides from the Ye effect (and not just Yeezys) is that the shoes they were moving look good casually and dont have such oblivious branding on them. Nike shoes barring Jordans have a huge Swoosh on em. For Adidas not so obvious, you could even argue that the 3 stripe cage design on the UB is simply just a cage even though the stripes is the Adidas logo.

Its not a "clone" though. It has a cage blah blah, it might very well be inspired by the Presto but it def is its own shoe.

What is making Adidas really move, asides from the Ye effect (and not just Yeezys) is that the shoes they were moving look good casually and dont have such oblivious branding on them. Nike shoes barring Jordans have a huge Swoosh on em. For Adidas not so obvious, you could even argue that the 3 stripe cage design on the UB is simply just a cage even though the stripes is the Adidas logo.

What's making them really move is the put out limited numbers and do collabs

a ton of NIke's don't have branding

What's making them really move is the put out limited numbers and do collabs

a ton of NIke's don't have branding

Which popular (now) Nike's dont have branding?

Ill wait.

in da jogger athleisure wear era?

nike-air-huarache-blackout-e1436990966357.jpg

da shoe that is da anti ultraboost that caught fire first when slim sweats/joggers proliferated.

you can say hype makes adidas shoes move but nike does the same exact thing they are just not consistent with it as far as making shoes limited...but they do make their shoes hard to obtain also...i know this is a broken record but adidas shoes move because they are comfortable....

you can say hype makes adidas shoes move but nike does the same exact thing they are just not consistent with it as far as making shoes limited...but they do make their shoes hard to obtain also...i know this is a broken record but adidas shoes move because they are comfortable....

NMD's aren't comfortable. I have plenty of NIke's more comfortable. 93/17's and Ultra Boost, NMD's hell no.

The difference is that Nike isn't 100% dependent on hype

They also put out huge GR's along with their limited Jordans or their Supreme or Atmos releases

Adidas is like Asics. Eventually that hype goes away, because it becomes a fad. Look how quickly people moved on from Asics collabs once people gained interest in Adidas. How many collabs can you put out. And how many times are you going to put out the same Ultra Boost and NMD's out with slight changes in the same colors. How many red, green, black, blue ultra boost and NMD's are going to get before you stop?

Last edited:
Huaraches are everyones new gym beaters but sure.

Foams? :lol:

Prestos have minimal branding but id hardly call them a hot ticket item.

Nike just isnt as hot anymore in terms of HYPE and the want factor. A lot of Jordans dont sell out on release day, some even end up at outlets. Flyknit Racers used to be huge but that train has come and gone.

Not that Nike cares anyways, they always cater to the athlete and will always be top dog money wisd. The average joe vs the sneakerhead is always gonna be 100 to 1. Are they gonna buy $180 UB's or cheaper Nike Free Runs or something?

NMD's are comfortable. I have plenty of NIke's more comfortable. 93/17's and Ultra Boost, NMD's hell no.

The difference is that Nike isn't 100% dependent on hype

They also put out huge GR's along with their limited Jordans or their Supreme or Atmos releases

Adidas is like Asics. Eventually that hype goes away, because it becomes a fad. Look how quickly people moved on from Asics collabs once people gained interest in Adidas. How many collabs can you put out. And how many times are you going to put out the same Ultra Boost and NMD's out with slight changes in the same colors. How many red, green, black, blue ultra boost and NMD's are going to get before you stop?

How much did you invest in NKE stock?

Back
Top Bottom