adidas Continues to Dominate the Market Vol. nike hold this kevin hart

It's honestly a lot of denial on both sides of the argument. Because of this, this debate will just go in circles forever.

i admit that my eyes were opened a few years ago when I did a stint at footaction.
Didn't realize so many people were still buying adidas shell toes and track suites.
Wasn't aware that adidas was on the map like that still.
I know converse are still pretty popular and that new balance get rocked heavily in bmore tho.

IMO if you don't want to spend a lot of money on kicks

Vans, Chucks and Shells are the go to I recommend for people and still be fashionable. They don't go out of style.

Dog what? I ain't even in this thread like that. I don't care if you hop on trends or waves, do you but when there's people arguing about how great adidas are that were most likely allergic to anything adidas related five years ago is type wack.

You just made my point again, you be caring too much. :lol:

Hostile much, im not even gonna be petty and report that. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's honestly a lot of denial on both sides of the argument. Because of this, this debate will just go in circles forever.

i admit that my eyes were opened a few years ago when I did a stint at footaction.
Didn't realize so many people were still buying adidas shell toes and track suites.
Wasn't aware that adidas was on the map like that still.
I know converse are still pretty popular and that new balance get rocked heavily in bmore tho.

IMO if you don't want to spend a lot of money on kicks

Vans, Chucks and Shells are the go to I recommend for people and still be fashionable. They don't go out of style.

I def agree and I see it a lot too.

NB 990 and 993s....grey white laces....all over Bmore.
Winter its Foamdomes, Godomes and of course Timbs

I never realized DMV had a rich separate style. I just assumed everyone dressed like Wale

The thing is, adidas aren't even that heavy in the streets tbh. I've seen like 2 pair of nmd's in the wild besides my own. UB only at the gym or randomly in the airport and yeezys and Pharrells are unicorns. It's still a nike world by a large margin, I'm not talking bout sports but sneakers you see around town everyday.

What town in Montana do you live in?

Srs question.

Tri-state and you?

The 3 adidas models that keep being referred too are uncommon on people's feet. Yeezy's are hard is hell to get, same with the nice nmd colorwsys. UB's are the most common but even then they're not as out there as the thread would make them seem.

I don't count superstars and stans, their classics like af1 and people will always wear them.

Last edited:
From what I see in SF, NMDs are the dominant shoe that people wear that are Adidas and I would assume that is mostly due to it being an easier shoe to get. Ultraboosts and Yeezys are definitely worn by the cliche "sneakerhead" that will wear whatever is hot. The low key people still wear Nike's no problem. This has happened so many times with shoes that we should all know eventually Adidas will fall. People wore Nike SBs like crazy, Jordan, Vans, etc......it all comes in waves and eventually even repeats itself. Adidas right now has some really hot shoes but only time will tell where they will go in the next couple of years.

They're not going anywhere when the boost craze tapers. They'll just be doing their normal thing.

I never realized DMV had a rich separate style. I just assumed everyone dressed like Wale

Wale is DMVxNT as far as style goes. He would mix the hot street wear and local staples. Plus he's just a flashy guy in general. I see people emulate the look, buts that's a different crowd.

Mad respect for Bmore and their NB love

It's a staple. In urban Baltimore.....every will have at least a pair of 990's, Nike Boots, Dopes (Foams), Shell heads, and Prada Americups over the course of their life.

Adidas has always been cool in my city. It was seen as "going light". You could catch dudes in the summer looking clean with a whole adidas fit and shell heads....or spring time track suit. Trefoil tees, all of that. Nike was always the premier brand here of course....but Adidas was always seen as the chill wear.....and nothing to scoff at.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually prefer Adidas to Nike now. Been buying more high end than anything but my last 5 sneaker purchases have been puma then before that Adidas and nb. Haven't copped a pair of nikes since the bhm kobe 9 :lol:.

They're not going anywhere when the boost craze tapers. They'll just be doing their normal thing.
Wale is DMVxNT as far as style goes. He would mix the hot street wear and local staples. Plus he's just a flashy guy in general. I see people emulate the look, buts that's a different crowd.

Yup. He does it well imo. Been doing it for a long time.

I remember this pic from back in the day. While it's a lil corny in concept.....it shows how he mixed it up.

View media item 2366067

To this day....he still a mix it up

View media item 2366068View media item 2366069

Last edited:
I actually prefer Adidas to Nike now. Been buying more high end than anything but my last 5 sneaker purchases have been puma then before that Adidas and nb. Haven't copped a pair of nikes since the bhm kobe 9 :lol:.

Cant even remember the last pair of Nikes I bought. Had to be like the LeBron kings pride or something :lol:

A thousand styles between Baltimore and Richmond. It's crazy especially at big gatherings and events you really see how diverse the clothing choices are.

Yup. He does it well imo. Been doing it for a long time.

I remember this pic from back in the day. While it's a lil corny in concept.....it shows how he mixed it up.

View media item 2366067

To this day....he still a mix it up

View media item 2366068View media item 2366069

Wale knew how to balance Hypebeast with city styles perfectly. Bruh would dress down bummy af and still be fresh.

Everytime I see his old pics I wonder why I gave away all my MADNESS gear :lol:

A thousand styles between Baltimore and Richmond. It's crazy especially at big gatherings and events you really see how diverse the clothing choices are.

804 (Hopewell/Petersburg/Richmond) is like another home for me. Used to spend weeks in the summer down there. My cousin and all his homies used to call AF1's "flaves" :lol:.

They loved them joints down there.

Def a whole bunch of different styles. Hell, 703 to 757 is different....then down to 804 is totally different. And that's just in VA

I'm from Florida and no lie, all the Baltimore/DC dudes I've known always had diverse styles. They can rock tailored suits, or street wear. Always been thorough with the fits

Back
Top Bottom