ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Long time no see. You and your bro. Hope all is well.

I've been around in here lightly, nothing much to talk about since I sat out the UB 19s. I wish I could find my post back in 2016 of saying that UB was only going to last 3 or 4 iterations before going on to something else or straight up just dying.

Adidas has been notorious of not knowing the Urban/Streetwear market. Even more funny that Nike didn't even have to respond to the Boost hype, it died as fast as it came.

Still remember the Pegasus with OG editing. :rofl:

Yeah. Sat out the UBs for the past yr. Still rocking my 1.0s tho. Mostly slowed down really with sneakers. Hope you good as well. I shifted in collecting Whisky also. Lol

20190423_113811.jpg

Dudes a clown who has a big head for no reason. He didn't get in to boost himself until it was hyped up.

And his following hasn't grown the past two years.

He thought boost was life and it was going to be forever. He painted himself in to a corner bashing everything that wasn't boost.

It’s the opposite. He doesn’t want to be tied to boost. This has been in the making for more than a year.

Teddy is delusional. I remember in 2016 he mentioned that nike didnt make a top 10 worthy sneaker. And in 2017 he stated that he doesnt care about sneaker of the year lists. He's as thick headed as people who think 350s >700s

BTW, side-question:

How often do you guys find old random boxes of shoes that you completely forgot you'd bought (I mean, like, ZERO clue where or when you grabbed em)? I had it happen a few times in the past week.

Made me realize:

1) I've bought too much.
2) I need a better memory.

BTW, side-question:

How often do you guys find old random boxes of shoes that you completely forgot you'd bought (I mean, like, ZERO clue where or when you grabbed em)? I had it happen a few times in the past week.

Made me realize:

1) I've bought too much.
which shoes?

BTW, side-question:

Made me realize:

1) I've bought too much.

It's never too much :evil:

I remember Teddy made a half court shot during a sneaker con and legit thought he could pursue a basketball career afterwards lol

which shoes?

This week it was some old NB's, some EQT's, and some Asics gel-lytes that were tooootally unfamiliar.

Last week it was some Ubiq Diadora's. When I saw em, I just thought 'wow these were a great buy!"

Then I threw em back in the box...

Last edited:
Not to sound all Teddyish here, but not like Nike has been killing it with anything new either.... Reacts are duds. If they didn't have Virgil and re-release about 200 colors of AJ1's, I'm not sure they'd have a lot going for them either.

Nike has like 200 models. Adidas was dependent on two and Yeezy's.

I see people in reacts, a dud to me is the Prophere

and it's hard to complain about two OG Jordan 1's being released a month, when Adidas was literally putting out 10 NMD colorways in one day.

And they killed collabs by doing them with NMD and Ultraboost to the point nothing could be done new. Here's a new black collab. Here's a new white and black collab.

Not to sound all Teddyish here, but not like Nike has been killing it with anything new either.... Reacts are duds. If they didn't have Virgil and re-release about 200 colors of AJ1's, I'm not sure they'd have a lot going for them either.

Both Nike and Adidas by the numbers are doing great. Adidas is taking share at a high rate due to basketball no longer being ‘in fashion’ and lifestyle being Adi’s sweet spot. But Nike is still who everyone is chasing. Agree on the AJ1s. I think last year they released over 60 different colorways

Both Nike and Adidas by the numbers are doing great. Adidas is taking share at a high rate due to basketball no longer being ‘in fashion’ and lifestyle being Adi’s sweet spot. But Nike is still who everyone is chasing. Agree on the AJ1s. I think last year they released over 60 different colorways

I don't mind the AJ1's as I like that model (though they did release way too many colorways, and lot of them were trash quality), my comment was more to do with "new" designs. Neither brand really came out with any absolute stunner sellers that were not Yeezy / Off-White (which were no new models anyway, just the Virgil touch on existing models). Air Max 720's were duds (they look OK, but supposedly the air bags aren't that comfy).

Someone mentioned Propheres being duds, which they were - but I've seen more of those in the wild than React Elements. I bought a pair of Reacts from NDC and they were just OK. Add in people having issues with dirt getting inside of the see-through part and I just returned them. I probably wouldn't buy many Adidas shoes that don't have boost. I like the new Ozweego's but wish they had boost.

Of all the shoes in my collection, I usually just end up wearing UB's or 700's.

I don't mind the AJ1's as I like that model (though they did release way too many colorways, and lot of them were trash quality), my comment was more to do with "new" designs. Neither brand really came out with any absolute stunner sellers that were not Yeezy / Off-White (which were no new models anyway, just the Virgil touch on existing models). Air Max 720's were duds (they look OK, but supposedly the air bags aren't that comfy).

Someone mentioned Propheres being duds, which they were - but I've seen more of those in the wild than React Elements. I bought a pair of Reacts from NDC and they were just OK. Add in people having issues with dirt getting inside of the see-through part and I just returned them. I probably wouldn't buy many Adidas shoes that don't have boost. I like the new Ozweego's but wish they had boost.

You probably see more Adidas in the wild simply because they’re cheaper.

Hell, if you read Slickdeals-it’s quite evident Adidas constantly marks down many of its Boost products to rock bottom prices (including once-hyped modes like UBs and NMDs). Even 4Ds can be had on sale nowadays, which is wild to think about. I think this is why Yeezy brand cut production this year from 2018 numbers and 350s aren’t as available (in terms of overall stock) as they used to be-this would have inevitably happened with Yeezys as well if they tried to expand production but I think Yeezy brand still wants to maintain streetwear hype as Kanye mentioned in his recent Forbes interview.

I bet Adidas is still making mad money despite slashing prices in half. They keep recycling the same designs.

Definitely.

UBs and NMDs were initially targeted to sneakerheads. I think by slashing prices, Adidas is able to attract the non-sneakerhead market who would otherwise not drop $180 on UBs and $130-$170 on NMDs like sneakerheads used to. In a way, it makes sense since Adidas probably saw the sneakerhead market was oversaturated with Boost products so they could then reach the non-sneakerhead market simply by cutting prices. The irony is that much of the same hypebeast crowd that proclaims “Boost is dead!” were saying “Boost is life!” just a few years ago because of how comfortable the tech was but really they were simply on the hype train since nothing, in terms of tech, has really matched the sheer comfort of Boost yet.

It's odd how Adidas is still pushing/marketing boost when 2018/2019 was supposed to be the age of 4D/Futurecraft tech . We are approaching Q4 and i haven't seen much to GR them as their MSRP is in the $350 and $500 range.

Must be your area

Back
Top Bottom