ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Chase is changing their price match rules, for most cards I believe

Amex, Citi and Chase are all either dropping it or lowering the limits/dates

Chase is completely dropping it while citi is doing $200 max per item ($1000 anually) because of the lg oled exploit

Edit: im pretty sure amex has PURCHASE protection which is completely different

damn i had no idea it was an industry wide thing... i thought discover was greedy for dropping a ton of their benefits. looks like all the other players are doing similar... wtf

IMG_20180607_192821.jpg
IMG_20180607_192611.jpg

IMG_20180620_214434.jpg

Not a big fan of the laceless, but at that price I will beat them this summer.
Ibjave those slides and they are comfy AF!

so I'm interested in possible getting my first pair of Adidas... I've been searching for some decent, inexpensive running shoes. I can get these for $50 @ Finish Line. I think they are absolutely hideous, like all Adidas shoes, but for once it's not about the style, so that doesn't matter, I don't even care about the colorway (which is why I am going for the absolute cheapest option, which is the Khaki colorway). Anyway I tried them on today and they feel pretty comfy, if not a bit too wide, I thought about going a half size down (as is recommended in this thread), but they only have a 10.5 in stock locally, which is my true size. When I'm standing they actually don't feel bad at all, and if I do find them to be too roomy I could always throw in an insole since they don't come with one anyway (which is weird).

Anyway can someone explain to me what's the difference in technology between the PureBOOST and UltraBOOST and any other BOOST technology that is currently on the market? I'm not gonna pay 3x as much for the Ultra's, but I'm interested in knowing.

so I'm interested in possible getting my first pair of Adidas... I've been searching for some decent, inexpensive running shoes. I can get these for $50 @ Finish Line. I think they are absolutely hideous, like all Adidas shoes, but for once it's not about the style, so that doesn't matter, I don't even care about the colorway (which is why I am going for the absolute cheapest option, which is the Khaki colorway). Anyway I tried them on today and they feel pretty comfy, if not a bit too wide, I thought about going a half size down (as is recommended in this thread), but they only have a 10.5 in stock locally, which is my true size. When I'm standing they actually don't feel bad at all, and if I do find them to be too roomy I could always throw in an insole since they don't come with one anyway (which is weird).

Anyway can someone explain to me what's the difference in technology between the PureBOOST and UltraBOOST and any other BOOST technology that is currently on the market? I'm not gonna pay 3x as much for the Ultra's, but I'm interested in knowing.

Not much difference between the BOOST tech, but there are differences between the silhouette and how you feel the Boost. They're all pretty comfortable across the different models though.

Not much difference between the BOOST tech, but there are differences between the silhouette and how you feel the Boost. They're all pretty comfortable across the different models though.
The amount of boost and it's placement is different in the midsole. The uppers are different too, these PureBoosts do not have primeknit. But for $50, it should be worth a shot.

Purecontrols feel okay on foot. I much rather prefer the Ace 16+ with no inner structure. If those kith aces manage to make it to discount, I'll probably scoop.

Great consolation if you don't have a pair of Aspen mids.

Purecontrols feel okay on foot. I much rather prefer the Ace 16+ with no inner structure. If those kith aces manage to make it to discount, I'll probably scoop.

Great consolation if you don't have a pair of Aspen mids.

tenor.gif

Man, those things are not gonna hit discount. :sick:
These are close enough to the Aspen Mids so I think that alone will draw a big amount of people.

Man, those things are not gonna hit discount. :sick:

I dunno, sky's the limit now for me considering the last few collab drops. I know the kith brand name is strong but you never know. Or it can end up like the kith nonnatives and resell for pretty much retail.

Purecontrol isn't that popular of a boost silo. Very slim chance it will go to discount and if it does dope, if not oh well.

I would've loved to see that multi knit pattern on a different boost silo though.

nah, i disagree, getting a pair of Ultra Boosts are way more worth buying. there's always sales going on with some 4.0s at the lowest around $100 and normally around $129. there's so many silhouette, shoot even right now on ADC you can get the BYWs for around $69 with a coupon code. the Pure Boosts that are on sale have that firm as hell boost, to me they're not worth at all. theres Iniki's that you can get for around $50ish, check GOAT/StockX for some used pairs of Ultra Boosts for $100, EQTs (now don't go for the mesh versions, only the ones with a knit), theres so many options. don't settle just because of the price tag, you'll miss out on a great experience.

also, i regret buying so much ish today because of that 20% deal +price drops on a lot of shoes, dropped $350 |l... 1 BYW for $69, 2 pairs of Iniki's for $51 each, $86 for an uncaged UB and $64 for a triple black PK Busenitz Pure Boost fml, don't even know why I need that many kicks in addition to my rotation rn, at least i'll have fun being bankrupt/broke next month :smh::tongue: what's the most yall have dropped on shoes in a month?

Wait what? Those PureBoost is Primeknit.

The ones slaughterx asked about? Those have a knit upper, yes, but it isn't primeknit. It's thicker and far less stretchy. Besides the Busenitz models, I don't remember seeing a PB with pk (there are a lot of PBs, maybe there's another one I'm forgetting).

oops, I stand corrected. I was probably thinking of the other ones that looks similar.

I'm pretty sure you were correct.

nah, i disagree, getting a pair of Ultra Boosts are way more worth buying. there's always sales going on with some 4.0s at the lowest around $100 and normally around $129. there's so many silhouette, shoot even right now on ADC you can get the BYWs for around $69 with a coupon code. the Pure Boosts that are on sale have that firm as hell boost, to me they're not worth at all. theres Iniki's that you can get for around $50ish, check GOAT/StockX for some used pairs of Ultra Boosts for $100, EQTs (now don't go for the mesh versions, only the ones with a knit), theres so many options. don't settle just because of the price tag, you'll miss out on a great experience.

Link? I'm not interested in used shoes. I can get these for $85... I normally wear a 10.5 but I should go down to a 10 in these right?

also, i regret buying so much ish today because of that 20% deal +price drops on a lot of shoes, dropped $350 |l... 1 BYW for $69, 2 pairs of Iniki's for $51 each, $86 for an uncaged UB and $64 for a triple black PK Busenitz Pure Boost fml, don't even know why I need that many kicks in addition to my rotation rn, at least i'll have fun being bankrupt/broke next month :smh::tongue: what's the most yall have dropped on shoes in a month?
I think about 1000, but I also go months without buying any so it levels out. I would suggest keeping only the ones you will get the most wears and returning the rest. It's not worth it to go broke over shoes.

Back
Top Bottom