ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I ordered a pair of these

View media item 2254903
from Start Fitness yesterday. Right after work, I noticed their price was reduced further, so I contacted asking for a price adjustment. They went ahead and processed it. Grand total came up to only $113 shipped to California. :smokin

They still have a FSR too
http://www.startfitness.co.uk/adidas-ultra-boost-mens-running-shoes-red-aq5930.html

I know this is a RARE topic, but does anyone actually RUN in their UBs? :nerd: How durable are the new continental soles? How does BOOST compare to ZOOM and/or Lunar on the run?

I've been very intrigued by the UBs for a LONG TIME, but there were things that kept me away; price and the pre-continental outsoles. After the switch to continental outsoles and price reductions, I'm finally going to see (feel) what BOOST is all about. :nthat:

Last edited:

from Start Fitness yesterday. Right after work, I noticed their price was reduced further, so I contacted asking for a price adjustment. They went ahead and processed it. Grand total came up to only $113 shipped to California.
smokin.gif

http://www.startfitness.co.uk/adidas-ultra-boost-mens-running-shoes-red-aq5930.html

I know this is a RARE topic, but does anyone actually RUN in their UBs?
nerd.gif
How durable are the new continental soles? How does BOOST compare to ZOOM and/or Lunar on the run?

I've been very intrigued by the UBs for a LONG TIME, but there were things that kept me away; price and the pre-continental outsoles. After the switch to continental outsoles and price reductions, I'm finally going to see (feel) what BOOST is all about.
nthat.gif
boost will change your life bro. you prob wont be buying a pair of nikes for awhile.. well maybe.

but yeah people do run in UBs, some last some dont.

from Start Fitness yesterday. Right after work, I noticed their price was reduced further, so I contacted asking for a price adjustment. They went ahead and processed it. Grand total came up to only $113 shipped to California.
smokin.gif

nerd.gif
How durable are the new continental soles? How does BOOST compare to ZOOM and/or Lunar on the run?

I've been very intrigued by the UBs for a LONG TIME, but there were things that kept me away; price and the pre-continental outsoles. After the switch to continental outsoles and price reductions, I'm finally going to see (feel) what BOOST is all about.
nthat.gif
I run in my solar red 2.0s and they are very comfortable and I have no issues until near the end when my feet start to hurt a little. I usually only run about 10km which is about 6.2 miles so for shorter distances they are fine. I have yet to run in my lunar charge's so I can't really compare yet (I don't own any other lunar sole shoes). From the short walks in my Lunar Charge's I've felt like I could walk in them forever...they're very responsive.

Conclusion Ultra Boosts are good for short distance runs from my experience.

EDIT: as for durability I'm not quite sure yet as I've only run in them a few times (I own a lot of shoes
tongue.gif
). So far so good...

Last edited:
boost will change your life bro. you prob wont be buying a pair of nikes for awhile.. well maybe.

but yeah people do run in UBs, some last some dont.

Well now :nerd: lol

I LOVE running in the FKRs. I actually reached over 500mi in my Cheetos last month. I couldn't believe that their thin Waffle Skin outsole was THAT DURABLE. Forefoot Zoom has worked so well for me. I'm been logging around 7:10/mile lately on mostly 7-8milers. UBs seem like a long distance shoe to me.

I think the only things that keep me from purchasing more UBs right now are the price and colorways. Most (GRs) cws seem too "plain" to me. It's like they're not utilizing the PrimeKnit like Nike is with Flyknit with colorblocking.

Last edited:

smokin.gif

nerd.gif

nthat.gif
Showing up as $135 shipped now :/

Edit: somehow refreshed to a lower price. IN at 113!

Last edited:
nerd.gif
How durable are the new continental soles?
Been running three times a week (2-3 miles) for the last theee months. Noticed today the boost is starting to crack. Hopefully they'll last another three months. The NB I usually run in last six months before I have to replace them.
Posted this about a month ago. Ultra Boost are fine to run in if you're running on a track. Not ideal for running on concrete, dirt, etc.

After three months I switched back to my New Balance. I tend to over-pronate and started having ankle/knee issues when running longer distances in UB's. Everyone has a different running style, so UB's not working for me doesn't mean they won't work for you. Just give them a try and see how your feet hold up.

Honestly don't think there's a significant difference from the continental/non-continental sole. Nubs are different but not really a big deal..

I actually have bum knees and loving running in UB. They do wear down a lot quicker than I'd like though. Poor OG Trip Whites may be on their way out soon enough even though upper is a dime. 

Was about to splurge on some RC I found for a good price but I forgot I had to order my girl those new Creepers for Christmas 
eyes.gif

Hoping she comes in clutch lol 
laugh.gif

Soles wearing out while the upper is still mint is something i've had on my mind lately... Been wondering if removing the sole and replacing it with a cobbler will bring it some new life. Wouldn't know what soles would work though. 

And it's not only in Sweden the prices are very various... Here in Denmark, you could get Human races for under retail.. I get offered af 9/10 black pair for $200 a month ago. 

nerd.gif

nthat.gif
I'm not the absolute best person to ask, because I don't run much. I'll do some sprints here and there and a mile or two occasionally. But I run in Ultra Boost STs. They're extremely comfortable and give me a really good bounce since I'm a heel striker. The bottoms wearing out quickly is for real though. Like I said, I don't do long distances, and after maybe 3 months my sole is almost rubbed down to the boost. 

Comfortable, but not very durable.

Thanks for the input! How much mileage did you put on them before switching back to NB?
Rough estimate I'd say a little over 100.

Usually run three times a week (3 mile runs). 9 miles/week x 12 weeks = roughly 100 miles? Also used them at the gym so couldn't tell you an exact number..

And it's not only in Sweden the prices are very various... Here in Denmark, you could get Human races for under retail.. I get offered af 9/10 black pair for $200 a month ago. 
Hey its me, your 17x-removed cousin from the same ancestry... 

Back
Top Bottom