ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lol is this convo gonna evolve to what is the best shoe to 'stand' in?

Where are y'all standing to compare different shoes? You guys work at the movie theaters checking tickets?
Not quite I work in production so some days I am moving around a lot and other days I am Camera Op'ing so I am pretty much standing and moving around a 3ft square space lol.  I am constantly on the lookout for comfy and stylish shoes.  Gotta keep your back and feet your right

lol is this convo gonna evolve to what is the best shoe to 'stand' in?

Where are y'all standing to compare different shoes? You guys work at the movie theaters checking tickets?

im willing to bet quite a few in here work retail. working retail = standing for your entire shift.

i think i just like sneakers too much to limit myself to wearing the same silhouette everyday/evey other day. UBs way more than others, but I havnt cut anything out of my rotation.
Ditto...  Was wearing my hypebeast bred/banned 1s Saturday...  White 1.0 yesterday...  Asics GL3 today... 
laugh.gif

I work from home, at my computer. I rarely have shoes on my feet during the week, other than to get groceries. 
laugh.gif

On second thought, I guess I do wear shoes to go to dinner/drinks, or over to my girl's. I shouldn't be buying so many shoes.

Last edited:
Of they're not fake 

They must be from the Alexander Wang vault , maybe ULTRA limited release, don't you think ? 
Someone said it was part of the Alexander Wang collab but it wasn't part of the capsule that just dropped. Could very be part of a future collab between them though.

Will surely be expensive and super limited, but I def like em.

Not quite I work in production so some days I am moving around a lot and other days I am Camera Op'ing so I am pretty much standing and moving around a 3ft square space lol.  I am constantly on the lookout for comfy and stylish shoes.  Gotta keep your back and feet your right
Ah makes sense. I can only think of 'standing around' as a profession for places that need a designated person to be in 1 place at all times. I.E. a front-desk person at hotel or something.
im willing to bet quite a few in here work retail. working retail = standing for your entire shift.
I've worked retail and they do provide chairs
laugh.gif

Ah makes sense. I can only think of 'standing around' as a profession for places that need a designated person to be in 1 place at all times. I.E. a front-desk person at hotel or something.

I've worked retail and they do provide chairs
laugh.gif
Sounds like a cushy retail job!  When I worked retail, my boss's favorite saying was "If you got time to lean, you got time to clean!", so sitting was def out of the question.

re: standing in boosts - If I stand still for a long time I feel my feet sinking into the boost and it creates some weird pressure points that aren't the most comfortable.  I prefer a shoe with firmer cushioning for just standing around.

Question I have for y'all, according to poll since most wear Boost daily, have you become 'numb' to the feeling of how comfortable boost are?

I have been wearing boost daily for about a year and a half straight and I almost have forgotten the feeling in comparison to how much more comfortable boosts are to any shoe.

I still remember how 'bouncy' and undeniably soft the boost was when I first tried them on.

I work 7-330 Monday through Friday in doc marten work boots. Any time I have shoes on that are not my work boots it's ultra boosts. They are the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned and its a welcome relief for my feet.

Sounds like a cushy retail job!  When I worked retail, my boss's favorite saying was "If you got time to lean, you got time to clean!", so sitting was def out of the question.

re: standing in boosts - If I stand still for a long time I feel my feet sinking into the boost and it creates some weird pressure points that aren't the most comfortable.  I prefer a shoe with firmer cushioning for just standing around.
I worked at the bank at the time and they do provide chairs. But even then so, UBs wouldn't be part of the professional attire.

Plus if you are working retail and you are rocking UBs, then let me know where you work to be able to rock $180 to stand in one place while you work. Back then that was like half a paycheck for retail pay period.

I work 7-330 Monday through Friday in doc marten work boots. Any time I have shoes on that are not my work boots it's ultra boosts. They are the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned and its a welcome relief for my feet.
Nice. I barely go to any occasion where I would have to wear something other than UBs. And those other occasions would be dress shoes.

The stories that I have heard that surprised me are folks who have had chronic knee/back pain who had to have special insoles converted to UBs and now they do not need them.

Definitely something impressive in addition to them not looking like orthopedic shoes.

Thanks for articulating what I was trying to say lol.  This is exactly what I deal with

I worked at the bank at the time and they do provide chairs. But even then so, UBs wouldn't be part of the professional attire.

Plus if you are working retail and you are rocking UBs, then let me know where you work to be able to rock $180 to stand in one place while you work. Back then that was like half a paycheck for retail pay period.

my retail days did not involve seats haha. that second point of yours is very true though :lol:

Trade Og purps size 9.5 for a pair of bred 1s?? The 9.5 is a little tight. Figured I could sell the Breds to find a pair of og purps but they are none in the market.

hell yes, if the 9.5 doesn't fit you. You can find OG purps for around $250 on Facebook groups

I actually see a 9.5 OG Purps for $260 on Facebook group. You'll be able to buy two pairs of Boost for that BRED1 very soon.

Last edited:
Not trying to hate, but to me they look like men's platforms.
Not sure where my quote was in context from 3 months ago but those Alexander Wang's are def not for me.

They literally look like a crew sock with an Adidas patch knitted on them then glued to a boost outsole. If those are anywhere near $200 then damn. Those are one helluvah expensive sock.

Not sure where my quote was in context from 3 months ago but those Alexander Wang's are def not for me.

They literally look like a crew sock with an Adidas patch knitted on them then glued to a boost outsole. If those are anywhere near $200 then damn. Those are one helluvah expensive sock.
I have a feeling they will be $400+. adidas collabs with designers are pretty steep.

I wouldn't mind if they didn't have a sock liner. A model with something like stan smiths with boost is something i'd be interested in.

There's no way they're gonna be that much. If they're over 300 I'll be shocked.
I mean, look at the MSRP on adidas x raf simons, adidas x rick owens etc.  Those designer names add a lot to the price tag. $400 ballpark doesn't seem very out there to me, but what do I know.

I mean, look at the MSRP on adidas x raf simons, adidas x rick owens etc.  Those designer names add a lot to the price tag. $400 ballpark doesn't seem very out there to me, but what do I know.
That's true, some of the raf and rick owens stuff is very pricey, I guess I could see them being 350 at most. 400+ seems doubtful, but anything is possible and adidas IS getting more bold with their pricing. We'll just have to see.

If they end up being over 300 I might have to pass.

That's true, some of the raf and rick owens stuff is very pricey, I guess I could see them being 350 at most. 400+ seems doubtful, but anything is possible and adidas IS getting more bold with their pricing. We'll just have to see.

If they end up being over 300 I might have to pass.
I think whatever the msrp is they will probably end up discounted below $200 at some point...unless Kanye wears them.

Back
Top Bottom