ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

I had the chance to play in the byw x this past sunday.
I'm not a sneaker reviewer lol, but here are my thoughts.
They were really comfortable and accommodated my wide feet. I pretty much get a size 11.5 in most of my shoes and these fit me fine with a little bit of toe space. For comparison, the crazy explosive lows are super narrow on me.
The cushion is a bit weird because the forefoot is super firm and the head feels like a spongey ball under it. I run on my toes so the transition didn't bother me much. However, I wish the forefoot was softer. its really low to the ground and firm and not my preference really. I can see it working for others but iI think its weird for a shoe to have boost but you can't feel it lol. I think changing the sock-liner should help me personally.
I love the sock ankle and they feel like lows. The laces came undone a few times I think because of the metal tips.
Thats all really lol. These kicks are dope and remind of maybe the Kobe 2 or 3s with a nicer upper. I think I compared them to the 29s before but the cushion doesn't match at all.
I forgot to take pick with them on foot lol.

appreciate the review!!!

How’s traction and lockdown?

Whoops lol. The traction was really good actually. I don't remember sliding at all and feeling pretty confident staying in front of people. I know I sometimes slide in my 29s but I love everything else about them so I don't mind. I had no problem at all with traction in these. Lockdown was also really good as long as the laces were drawn of course. There were a few times where the laces came undone and the shoe wanted to fly off but the sock ankle kept them on lol. I didn't want to tie them too tight because I afraid the laces would dig in if I did but I didn't experience that really. I'd have to play in them more to see whats up.

Nice man! They sound like a great performer..... which I wasn’t expecting. Looking forward to other reviews though

via IG
28427231_1230911140375499_7860729856164626432_n.jpg

I don’t know how both shoes look so similar, yet the casual version looks like trash and the X looks fire

so is the regular byw a basketball shoe or not?

specs look good on paper and i really want to cop a pair for balling but got dang no way in hell im paying $300 for the X's

So much confusion in this thread about BYW vs. BYW X. Doesn't help adidas gave them essentially the same name.

I only care about the X but once I saw the $200 price tag my excitement was tempered.

So much confusion in this thread about BYW vs. BYW X. Doesn't help adidas gave them essentially the same name.

I only care about the X but once I saw the $200 price tag my excitement was tempered.

totally agree, even the adidas i rep i talked to was confused.
what would even confuse you more, its not $200 its $180 but its not confirmed.

nightwing is legit, A+ review from him.

wait, so the X version is the basketball version and it's 180?
here is a screenshot i took when the 747 webpage was up. Some nt'ers said it was listed for $200 at one point, but than it was changed to $180 on the webpage. people who went to the 747 got them for $180. So idk, maybe this is real reason why for the world wide release was delayed, adidas hasn't probably come to agreement with retailers with the msrp. idk just assuming. but its disappointing they kept people like me who genuinely want a pair. Spring is here and summer is fast approaching, they need buckle up and release these asap.
IMG_0067.PNG

Last edited:
here is a screenshot i took when the 747 webpage was up. Some nt'ers said it was listed for $200 at one point, but than it was changed to $180 on the webpage. people who went to the 747 got them for $180. So idk, maybe this is real reason why for the world wide release, adidas hasn't probably come to agreement with retailers with the msrp. idk just assuming. but its disappointing they kept people like me who want a genuinely want a pair. Spring is here and summer is fast approaching, they need buckle up and release these asap.
IMG_0067.PNG

Nightwing paid $200 for his during All Star at Hollywood Foot Locker. However, everything else, including the 747 email/press release I got, said $180.

My point exactly! Nobody even knows what the retail of the shoe is! Not to mention the lifestyle version everyone mistakes it for.

Anyway, I was going off of $200 since that’s what the original 747 page said but I guess they updated it to $180 and then still charged nightwing $200, smh.

I didn’t even know foot locker carried them during ASW.

nicekicks.com had them for sale for $200 it but their store page is like secret or something.

this release is a mess.

they only have size 5 left. :stoneface:

Last edited:
I don't personally care about the BYW that much, but dang Adidas is lucky that the stuff they release actually performs well.

Imagine if they handled releases like this for shoes that were mediocre.

I'm sure john wal willl be back for the playoff and he will be wearing the adidas byw-x. Adidas might just capitalize on the nba playoff hype.

Back
Top Bottom