ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

I found the schwollo “project” and just tried to emulate the placement, best part is the plastic wing thing covers the new holes. As soon as I laced them up I felt a big difference, bounced around the living room a little, heels are not slipping at all. Can’t wait to test them on court tomorrow night!!

BD922FC4-6143-4ED6-9EDE-7A04212287A9.jpeg

Went ahead and modified these, too. I put extra eyelets in the mid-foot where I felt some lockdown was missing as well as the upper near the ankle. After bouncing around the house lightly, the lock-down already feels improved. Will probably try them out tonight.
I used a drill

9697DA37-A29C-4A27-9928-ACB015A7ECB5.jpeg

Just found a Adidas discount code that will shave off 15% the BYW X when they drop. :pimp:

only sharing info with peeps who liked my post. Everyone else can suck off.
so if you liked my post's pm me ill direct you to save some money.

not hating, but i find this funny, possibly because it's honest :smile:

Leather hole puncher. Seems like homedepot would be ur bestfriend, lol!

good info, thx for sharing!!!

Went ahead and modified these, too. I put extra eyelets in the mid-foot where I felt some lockdown was missing as well as the upper near the ankle. After bouncing around the house lightly, the lock-down already feels improved. Will probably try them out tonight.
I used a drill

Nice! Not gonna lie yours look better laced up now, the gap between laces on the forefoot from a stock pair looks off.

Reactions: God
Y’all are getting creative in here :lol: never thought of adding lace holes but def gonna keep this in mind

Who’s gonna do it to the BYW joints cuz they look like lockdown is lacking.

Y’all are getting creative in here :lol: never thought of adding lace holes but def gonna keep this in mind

Who’s gonna do it to the BYW joints cuz they look like lockdown is lacking.

I think I paid maybe $70 shipped for these, so altering them for a better playing experience made sense for me. If I had paid retail for these or any other shoe with lockdown issues I'm just sending them back and getting something that works.

I used a drill

Looks way better !

Reactions: God
This thread certainly took a strange turn here in 2018.

Not much of a fan of the BYW line... yet? I'll wait to see in person and try on the X version.

This thread certainly took a strange turn here in 2018.

Not much of a fan of the BYW line... yet? I'll wait to see in person and try on the X version.

Strange is a good thing, if you can't accept change idk know what to sa...I'm gonna keep posting more info about the kicks. Unless I make a thread my own. kobe824 kobe824 I'm aware of that.

Imo these will be instant hit once officially released and In the stores. Hopefully I can snag a lakers colorway byw x version on release day.

Strange is a good thing, if you can't accept change idk know what to sa...I'm gonna keep posting more info about the kicks. Unless I make a thread my own. kobe824 kobe824 I'm aware of that.

Imo these will be instant hit once officially released and In the stores. Hopefully I can snag a lakers colorway byw x version on release day.
Strange just left the previous lines in the dust. No marketing around CLB or CE, 2 very successful shoes.
BYW are just as focused on lifestyle as they are on court. Not afraid of change whatsoever over here. The 16 PK CE was an instant classic. Just this lapse and confusing-to-keep up with line of bball versus lifestyle shoes is what pushes consumers away.

Strange just left the previous lines in the dust. No marketing around CLB or CE, 2 very successful shoes.
BYW are just as focused on lifestyle as they are on court. Not afraid of change whatsoever over here. The 16 PK CE was an instant classic. Just this lapse and confusing-to-keep up with line of bball versus lifestyle shoes is what pushes consumers away.

This is where Adidas wants to take its line of Basketball shoes for 2018 and further on. Bring back some 90's theme shoes, but with updated 2018 futuristic design/tech and sell it to both the basketball crowd and the fashion crowd. Your essentially killing two birds with one stone here with the BYW line. i never really word Adidas basketball kicks in the past nor have i tried boost, but they did catch my eye with these. Also if you think this is confusing go look at Nike Basketball portfolio offerings. some great jems but not all of them imo are moving units.

This is where Adidas wants to take its line of Basketball shoes for 2018 and further on. Bring back some 90's theme shoes, but with updated 2018 futuristic design/tech and sell it to both the basketball crowd and the fashion crowd. Your essentially killing two birds with one stone here with the BYW line. i never really word Adidas basketball kicks in the past nor have i tried boost, but they did catch my eye with these. Also if you think this is confusing go look at Nike Basketball portfolio offerings. some great jems but not all of them imo are moving units.
they move plenty of units. Nike alot more straight forward.

You have a likeness to this shoe and that's fine, just clouding your view a bit. I look forward to see what Adi athletes wear during ASW and maybe see a release rollout from there.

casual BYW looks disfigured

20180206080916_original.jpg
Yeah the side paneling by the laces is buckling up a bit? The heel falls off. This shoe looks all over the place. Sloppy honestly? I dunno. I haven't seen many images on foot that looked right.

I found the schwollo “project” and just tried to emulate the placement, best part is the plastic wing thing covers the new holes. As soon as I laced them up I felt a big difference, bounced around the living room a little, heels are not slipping at all. Can’t wait to test them on court tomorrow night!!

BD922FC4-6143-4ED6-9EDE-7A04212287A9.jpeg

Nice work! If anyone is worried about putting a hole punch in them, if you check the comments on the Schwollo link there's a way of creating an extra set of loops by lacing between the plastic and the jacquard. I did it with my CLBs since I didn't have a hole punch lying around and it made a massive difference to the heel lockdown.

I got a good run in them tonight and they feel really good. It didn’t 100% take care of the heel fit, there was still a little shifting going on back there but not enough bother my game just some subtle movement when I made some hard cuts, I’d file it in the nit picky category because they are great shoes to hoop in. I’d say the mod improved the sloppy heel fit by 90% The traction on these things :nthat: They should call them the CrazyBite Boost :lol:

I got a good run in them tonight and they feel really good. It didn’t 100% take care of the heel fit, there was still a little shifting going on back there but not enough bother my game just some subtle movement when I made some hard cuts, I’d file it in the nit picky category because they are great shoes to hoop in. I’d say the mod improved the sloppy heel fit by 90% The traction on these things :nthat: They should call them the CrazyBite Boost :lol:
You’re the first person I’ve seen make holes around the midfoot, did that help ?

Don't remember signing up for 747 Warehouse lol but if anyone needs, just lmk.

EDIT: Gone!

Attachments

• IMG_6144.PNG
    IMG_6144.PNG
    174.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

You’re the first person I’ve seen make holes around the midfoot, did that help ?

7703234.jpg

I have question as well too,
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Back
Top Bottom