ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

Uhhh is there supposed to be a pic?

Yeah, you can't see it?

Can you see it in this post?

VJFrAfa.png

wv6gWya.png

Yea cant see the pics

Anyway, didn't like the fit of the CE lows. Felt like my feet are always gonna come out of the shoes. They fit me snug too. I like the cushion but the 17s got it perfect imo

:angry: I don't know why you guys can't see the pic. But yeah the outsole cracked and is tearing off on the Andrew Wiggins CE16 Low PKs (translucent outsole). Most of the shoe is still in great condition even after 6 months of wear other than the right shoe's outsole. But I guess those hard cuts took a toll on the translucent outsole.

edit: one more try. Can you guys see these pics?

K9luemz.png

xS6n0WI.png

Here you go. Yeah the translucent is thin and not durable. Looks like you can still get good use of it as long as a big chunk doesn't break off and make you fall over.
xS6n0WI.png

K9luemz.png

If you live near the Concord Mills outlet in North Carolina, they have the Crazy Explosive 2017 primeknit version for $59.99. I copped but I def had to do a double take because they just came out. It's the Grey/Yellow colorway.

If you live near the Concord Mills outlet in North Carolina, they have the Crazy Explosive 2017 primeknit version for $59.99. I copped but I def had to do a double take because they just came out. It's the Grey/Yellow colorway.
What, for real? Crazy.. wonder if they do phone orders.

What, for real? Crazy.. wonder if they do phone orders.
Yes, they had a few sizes left. Im not sure if they do phone orders but it's worth a try.

Attachments

• 20170923_110636.jpg
    20170923_110636.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 20170923_110628.jpg
    20170923_110628.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 10
I can see it when I quote you bot holy crap that looks bad. How that happen?

Guess wear and tear on the thinner translucent material. Only on right shoe, which probably makes sense since I cut/stop the most on my right foot. Just wondering if anybody else had any issues like this on a pair with a solid outsole.

For reference I've been hooping for 6 months straight once or twice a week for about 2-3 hours each session. So it's probably seen like ~40-50 wears.

Adidas only does credit/exchanges if it's purchased from Adidas.com, right? What if it's from a legit shoe vendor? (Zappos when they had the $100 jig )

I can see it on the ipad not on PC. Ill just screen shot it lol. The image uploading on new NT is garbage.
IMG_2197.jpg

Last edited:
40-50 wear is pretty good so you got your money's worth at least. The Kobe AD with the translucent outsole broke on the same spot on Jahronmon's (Youtube) first wear.

50 wears on 2-3 hour sessions each seems like a good amount of play. That equals to about 100-150 hours overall, that is a good life for a bball shoe I think.

I mean unless you are just shooting free throws the whole time... :lol:

If you can get around 300-400 miles on a running shoes then you're in a very good position, these days I say 200 is good. But if my math is correct, (assuming someone runs 8 min per mile) that should be about 40-53 hours at max of 300-400 miles and 26-30 hours at ~200 miles?

I mostly play ball outdoors but on a court that isn't rugged. It's pretty clean and my kobe 9s still aren't worn out. Wonder if the CE17s will fair well.

40-50 wear is pretty good so you got your money's worth at least. The Kobe AD with the translucent outsole broke on the same spot on Jahronmon's (Youtube) first wear.

50 wears on 2-3 hour sessions each seems like a good amount of play. That equals to about 100-150 hours overall, that is a good life for a bball shoe I think.

I mean unless you are just shooting free throws the whole time... :lol:

If you can get around 300-400 miles on a running shoes then you're in a very good position, these days I say 200 is good. But if my math is correct, (assuming someone runs 8 min per mile) that should be about 40-53 hours at max of 300-400 miles and 26-30 hours at ~200 miles?

Yeah, I guess that's a good run for a shoe. But the thing is, the rest of the shoe is still in really good condition - no wear and tear visible other than that broken part of the outsole on the right shoe - which is a pretty important part of a basketball shoe. :rolleyes

I'd definitely contact Adidas and see what they can do, it doesn't hurt but I also wouldn't expect too much since it's been 6 months.

Back
Top Bottom