According to a Stanford University study, eating organic food isn't that much healthier...

Flawed study.
Read the details....what differences do you expect to see in people after only 2 years of observation from eating random possibly unripe and out of season produce?
The organic standards leave a lot to be desired but buying ripe, in season organic food is the way to go.
The sweetness of certain organic fruits vs the conventionally grown counterparts is like night and day. Don't need a lab to tell me which is product is more nutrient dense.

not only that who funded these study?

it's all BS; I studied ag sciences in undergrad and we did a pretty extensive case study on this back in 2004 and my verdict was there is no proof it's better and I find it to be a big scam pretty much.

it's all BS; I studied ag sciences in undergrad and we did a pretty extensive case study on this back in 2004 and my verdict was there is no proof it's better and I find it to be a big scam pretty much.

Can you give more details on your research and findings?

**** vegans! If you a vegan **** you! We eating meat over hea bwoy!

Lower the price of them chocolate chips in your fancy markets too!

**** a vegan

Really? Do you know what Monsanto is?

Have you heard of GMO crops before?

Do you have any idea what GMO does to you?

Hmmm... This thread is relevant to my interests.

I've been a vegetarian for 5 months now and have no intention of ever eating meat again. More info on both sides of this will be helpful. Please continue your debate gentleman.

**** a vegan

No one said a dang thing about vegans :lol:

But as far as the topic goes, I'm not a huge fan of paying almost 150% to buy an organic product; bring on the normal pesticides, my immune system is ready :smokin

I know about Monsanto, but I will not write anything disparaging about them for fear of their solid gold animatronic corn men soldiers break my door down and murder me.

I know about Monsanto, but I will not write anything disparaging about them for fear of their solid gold animatronic corn men soldiers break my door down and murder me.

:lol: For the record, I have not made any disparaging comments either.

Can farm raised salmon be organic when it's feed as nothing to do with it's natural diet even if the feed itself is organic, and the fish themselves are packed tightly in pens swimming in there own filth? And lets say these salmon were killed overseas and shipped in boxes and then trucked to your local supermarkets. What is true organic then?

This thread is comedy. :lol: At the people who think because they appear healthy now that what they have consumed won't have any long term health affects on them.

Where do you think all these diseases/illnesses are popping up from??? They didn't have all this stuff going on back in the 50's, 60's, 70's. The more man made food items and manufactured foods with all kinds of chemicals cannot be good for us.

I am not a scientist nor did I a stay at a Holiday Inn last night.....but I don't even want to know what the long term affects are of some of this stuff out there.

why would anyone with the right mind listen to STANFORD HARVARD OR YALE STUDIES?
THESE INSTITUTIONS ARE SPONSORED BY BIG CORPORATIONS TO ADVANCE THEIR INTERESTS. THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT OUR HEALTH, ALL THEY AIM FOR IS PROFIT IN THE NAME OF CAPITALISM...
HAVE YOU EVER SPOKEN TO AN IVY LEAGUE GRAD?, THEY ARENT THAT BRIGHT AT ALL.....
This

This thread is comedy. :lol: At the people who think because they appear healthy now that what they have consumed won't have any long term health affects on them.
Where do you think all these diseases/illnesses are popping up from??? They didn't have all this stuff going on back in the 50's, 60's, 70's. The more man made food items and manufactured foods with all kinds of chemicals cannot be good for us.
I am not a scientist nor did I a stay at a Holiday Inn last night.....but I don't even want to know what the long term affects are of some of this stuff out there.

I'm interested in what specific diseases and illness you assume are derived from these foods.

You're not a scientist yet you're asserting leading questions based on a scientific topic.

Maybe I missed the joked that you're adding to the comedy of this thread. Actually, I really hope so.

Well, if I have the option to consume less of a manmade chemical on my fruits, vegetables, produce...even if it is within the supposed "safe" guidelines...I'm all for it. I'll call the difference in price a hedge/insurance.

Call it personal prefence coupled with a placebo effect

I'm interested in what specific diseases and illness you assume are derived from these foods.
You're not a scientist yet you're asserting leading questions based on a scientific topic.
Maybe I missed the joked that you're adding to the comedy of this thread. Actually, I really hope so.

So you are dismissing the notion that man-made chemicals and toxins used on food and medicine causes diseases and illnesses?

Organic or not, I've eaten plant based for 3 weeks, and I've lost 12 pounds. I prefer to go to Whole Foods because a lot of the products I'm looking for don't have oil and are.... WHOLE and natural. Y'all should watch "Forks Over Knives" if you want to take control of your health.

Many of you have already pointed out some critical limitations in this glorified literature review, but I find it especially specious that the authors don't even bother to consider the environmental impact of factory farming and pesticide usage.  

There are severe public health costs associated with groundwater contamination, for example.  An actual study conducted at the University of Georgia, for example, found salmonella in a stunning 79 percent of water samples in the Suwanee River Basin:  http://www.uga.edu/about_uga/profile/rethinking-groundwater-contamination/   Agricultural runoff is almost certainly the culprit.  

Groundwater contamination and animal-based fertilizers are precisely why even people who AVOID meat still fear salmonella and e.coli.  

Consider, too, that the impossibly reckless use of antibiotics in factory farms creates ideal conditions to breed antibiotic-resistant bacteria.   Big Agriculture places our health at risk whether we directly ingest their genetically-modified "frankenfoods" or not. 
Can farm raised salmon be organic when it's feed as nothing to do with it's natural diet even if the feed itself is organic, and the fish themselves are packed tightly in pens swimming in there own filth? And lets say these salmon were killed overseas and shipped in boxes and then trucked to your local supermarkets. What is true organic then?
You've hit upon an excellent point:  "organic" doesn't necessarily mean "humane," or even "healthy."   "Organic" beef may not be pumped full of antibiotics or rBGH, but the cows go to the EXACT same slaughterhouses as their factory-farmed counterparts - and statements like "organic" or even "free range" have no guarantees regarding feedlot density, diseases, etc.  

With farmed fish in particular, even when you aren't dealing with genetically modified fish there are still steep environmental costs associated with aquaculture.  "Organic" farmed fish are often fed wild fish, meaning that fish that were once deemed too small to catch are now harvested literally by the boat full to supply fish farms.  Every pound of farmed fish requires roughly 5 pounds of wild fish to produce.

The total oceanic fish catch was estimated at 19 million tons in 1950. By 1997, 93 million tons of sea creatures were caught and killed. It's been estimated that 75% of fisheries are being fished at an unsustainable rate. A 2003 study published in Nature alleges that we've experienced a 90% decline in the population of large fish in the world's oceans.  The impact on marine ecosystems has been catastrophic.  

Factory in PCB and mercury contamination, among other concerns, and it's difficult to make the case that "organic" fish benefit human health, let alone the health of our environment.  

While pesticides, genetic modification, and hormone use are indeed cause for alarm, going organic really isn't enough.  

If everyone on Earth adopted a typical "Western" diet, we'd need FIVE planets to sustain us and the livestock industry alone is responsible for releasing more GHG emissions into the atmosphere than all forms of transportation COMBINED. 

**** a vegan
Hmmm... This thread is relevant to my interests.

I've been a vegetarian for 5 months now and have no intention of ever eating meat again. More info on both sides of this will be helpful. Please continue your debate gentleman.
Congrats on going 5 months! 
Organic or not, I've eaten plant based for 3 weeks, and I've lost 12 pounds. I prefer to go to Whole Foods because a lot of the products I'm looking for don't have oil and are.... WHOLE and natural. Y'all should watch "Forks Over Knives" if you want to take control of your health.
Good stuff.  

Last edited:
i go to whole foods for the ladies. tons and tons of hot milfs/young healthful minded ladies ripe for the pickin

Back
Top Bottom