ABL Philippine Patriots

i love the uniforms
pimp.gif

I hope this league is succesful though. I was really into the old MBA back in the early 2000s... Cebu Gems
pimp.gif

Oh, found their facebook fan site http://www.facebook.com/phil.patrio....2903980733..1&v=wall#/bigboybato?ref=profile
39 members including me
laugh.gif

welcome to the baclao espiritu block party. I think they have 9 blocks between them on their 1st game

The Slingers will stake their perfect record against the second-running Philippine Patriots at 4 p.m. on Saturday at the FilOil-Flying V Arena in San JuanCity...

Hope the Patriots will be able to revenge against the Slingers.

I hope the pinoy refs make a lot of bad calls against the Slingers, and have a taste of their own medicine.
devil.gif

The Phil. Patriots will be going against the Singapore Slingers tomorrow @ 7.40PM.

I'll be watching the game. Good luck to Team PI!
happy.gif

[h2]Slingers use fiery windup to repeat over RP Patriots[/h2]
Philippine Daily Inquirer
First Posted 02:47:00 01/08/2010

Filed Under: Basketball

Code:
 W L Philippines 9 3 Singapore 7 4 Indonesia 7 5 Brunei 5 6 Malaysia 4 7 Thailand 3 10
GAME TOMORROW (MABA Stadium, KL)

5 p.m.-Kuala Lumpur Dragons vs Philippine Patriots

MANILA, Philippines-The Singapore Slingers surprised the Philippine Patriots with a sizzling finish to win, 67-59, Wednesday night in the Asean Basketball League at the Singapore Indoor Stadium.

The Slingers, who razed the Patriots' commanding 23-9 second-quarter lead, came up with a closing 22-14 run from 45-all to score their second victory in three matches with the Filipinos in the tournament.

Filipino reinforcement Al Vergara presided over the Slingers' final 8-0 push that doomed the Patriots, 65-54, with barely a minute left.

The Patriots dropped to 9-3 but kept the lead even as the Slingers vaulted past Satria Muda Britama of Indonesia to take second place at 7-4.

Import Michael LeBlanc poured in 21 points, 15 coming in the second quarter when the Slingers held the Patriots to just eight points to forge a 29-29 tie at halftime.

"Our start was not pretty but sometimes we have to play like that to help toughen up the team," said Slingers coach Frank Arsego.

Patriots coach Louie Alas rued his team's inability to protect their early lead.

"This is not to take anything away from the Slingers because they really executed very well, but I felt we didn't play smart," said Alas.

The loss left the Patriots in must-win situations in their remaining three games, including a clash with the Kuala Lumpur Dragons tomorrow, to claim the top spot and the homecourt edge throughout the playoffs. Cedelf P. Tupas

The scores:

SINGAPORE 67-LeBlanc 21, Jeffers 11, Vergara 9, Khoo 8, S.Y. Wong 8, Ng 6, W.L. Wong 3, Hong 1, Pathman 0.

RP PATRIOTS 59-Dixon 21, Powell 10, Wainwright 9, Espiritu 6, Coronel 5, Acuna 3, Daa 2, Sta Maria 2, Ybanez 1, Andaya 0, Baclao 0, Alcaraz 0.

Quarters: 9-21, 29-29, 45-45, 67-59

patriots won a close, come-from-behind game earlier against malaysia! it was a good game to watch! have to channel jump between espn and c/s 9 earlier hehehe!

congrats! swept the 1st ever abl championship series! philippines made history in basketball once again!

Back
Top Bottom