Aaliyah x Drake x 40 - Enough Said

found this on statigram, what is wrong with people?

75210350df8011e1b6791231380e6c3a_7.jpg

Beat was nothing special. Lyrics weren't much either. And I'm a huge Aaliyah fan. Drake's verse was cool but the song didn't mesh well btwn his verse and her singing, which is normally the case when songs are made posthumously. I really have no desire to listen to this song. Nothing about it is great.

100% agree.

"Went from my ***** serving it by the tele
To venues in Manchester just swerving with Balotelli"

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Sig worthy
Line was nice. 

See, I'd like it if Drake rapped more...but dude just comes of wild creepy with this aaliyah thing. Doesn't he have a tattoo of her? I mean what IS that? 

Line was nice. 

See, I'd like it if Drake rapped more...but dude just comes of wild creepy with this aaliyah thing. Doesn't he have a tattoo of her? I mean what IS that? 

who cares though? how is that creepy; she is gone and it's a tribute; if she was still alive that is one thing

clowns on here have Jordan tattoos

I like it, its Smooth.... Y'all take things to seriously.

Its nice to her Aaliyah again, its unfortunate you guys can't enjoy it for that factor alone just bc its not built with the exact same ingredients as your used to hearing Aaliyah in the past. The beat surely is not "bad" its nothing special either, its 40, you know what type of Beats dude makes, also its R&B, ambient-ish at that. The production is nice at least it doesn't sound like a frankenstein mashup. Drakes versus is alright, I would have actually preferred if he would have sang on it. All said I can understand Timbs perspective too.

I put it it right in the sunny day playlist without a second thought.

dude is obsessed with a singer that never knew he existed..song is weak
the song is weak because he likes a singer? wether shes dead or not? how many MJ fans are there out there and practically nobody knew him. Thats a stupid thing to say

the song is weak because he likes a singer? wether shes dead or not? how many MJ fans are there out there and practically nobody knew him. Thats a stupid thing to say
i didnt say the song is weak cuz he likes a singer, its weak cuz its weak. your MJ example has nothing to do with what i just said

Why do you guys keep bringing up Drake's love for Aaliyah? What does that have to do with anything? How is it any different than dudes digging up old Pac and BIG verses? Aaliyah family benefits off it. I don't have a problem with.

My only problem is this ish is wack and i'm a 40/Drake/Aaliyah fan. Drake knows this wack beat wouldn't make his album so why is he wasting Aaliyah vocals on it?

And ya'll keep talking about Aaliyah like she's Whitney Houston or MJ. I loved Aaliyah's music but let's call her what she really was. She was a decent to average singer who died too young to really have a major mark on music.

Drake is by far my favorite artist.. #YMCMB forever

.. but this track, pretty weak.. i tried forcing myself to love it, its been on replay for 16 plays already and still nothing lol - that never happens !!!!!

Drake verse was dope.. as always :smokin :smokin - but this was one of those songs he needed to sing on.. its only right. but whatever its drizzy all day .. lets go :smokin :smokin :smokin

Timberland should have made a beat for this. Just doesn't have the feel of an Aaliyah song

Swear, even if it was a smooth track like this, Timbo would've added somethin to the beat to give it a different twist. This beat is flat and generic w/ a Marvin's Room essence

Can someone clarify what's Drake's infatuation or affiliation with Aaliyah?
He's an Aaliyah stan and her music influenced him. He has a tattoo of her face on his back and reports suggest he will be overseeing Aaliyah's posthumous album. He also wrote this letter about her when RapRadar asked him to say a few words about her: http://rapradar.com/2010/08/25/rr-guest-blog-drakes-letter-to-aaliyah/

On the song itself, I agree that it doesn't have an Aaliyah "feel" to it but Drake's verse is solid (once again, seems like he can't miss in 2012). It's not my favourite 40 beat but it's decent IMO.

What I find ridiculous is that everybody keeps suggesting like Aaliyah records should only be over Timbaland beats and featured with Missy Elliott. Pretty sure if she was still alive, she wouldn't be working solely with those two. I do think however they should be involved with the posthumous album.

Also, anybody who suggests this song hurts Aaliyah's legacy is a damn fool. Seeing a lot of that on Twitter from some Aaliyah stans, that's a huge overreaction. It's one song.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom