A Tournament to determine The Wire's greatest character - Omar vs. Stringer in the Final pg. 5

What a GREAT idea...
Did we mention that our esteemed editor-in-chief hung out with President Obama last week? Because that totally happened. Just two regular guys, discussing Linsanity, Blake Griffin's jump shot, what it's like to pitch a baseball while wearing a bulletproof vest, and — as the conversation wound down — The Wire. Asked to name the greatest Wire character of all time (let it never be said that Grantland does not ask the tough questions!), the Commander in Chief didn't hesitate: "It's gotta be Omar, right? I mean, that guy is unbelievable, right?"

Rest of blurb in link below

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id...-tournament-determine-wire-greatest-character

Bracket (ninjahood size)
Spoiler [+]
grant_ml_fullbracket_1152.jpg

Who u got?

I love Snoop but I have to go with Michael just for his overall character development in West Baltimore.

Can't believe Bunk got a #1 seed. I'll take a long shot with Bubbles.

Dukie's a sad story, but I think Avon comes out of The Ports easy.

I think East Baltimore is the toughest region. Everyone with the exception of Herc and Rawls has a legit shot. Can't make up my mind between Stringer and Marlo. I'll take Marlo.

I'll have to revisit the Final 4 when it gets there.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

McNulty a 3 seed?

30t6p3b.gif

Clay Davis is my dude and all but he isn't a 2 seed.

EDIT:

Daniels and Bubbles a lower seed than Wallace?
indifferent.gif

Every damn character in the show makes it great as a whole. Ima have to go with Marlo though if i had to pick. Everytime dude was on the screen, had me all nervous even my 5th time watching it. 
laugh.gif

My Day 1 votes...
2) Michael

3) Snoop

5) Dukie

3) Bunny

1) Omar

2) Prop Joe

5) Cutty

1) Avon

Clay a 2 seed?
SSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTT...

-J-

Omar

-------> Omar

Bunk

------------------------>Omar

Prop Joe

-------> Marlo

Marlo

Should have had my dude Officer Walker in the play-in...
laugh.gif

I'll make my day-1 votes in a bit

Final Four predictions

Omar
Mcnulty
Bodie
Avon

Early upsets Bubbles over Clay Davis - Easy

Mcnulty and Cedric are matched up too early..coming out the same conference
30t6p3b.gif

Edit: @@*# Marlo

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

Every damn character in the show makes it great as a whole. Ima have to go with Marlo though if i had to pick. Everytime dude was on the screen, had me all nervous even my 5th time watching it. 
laugh.gif
9476.gif

Marlo reminds me of 50 Cent too much, Avon is that dude 
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Should have had my dude Officer Walker in the play-in...
laugh.gif

I'll make my day-1 votes in a bit
Shoot I would've came through with Donut and stole on you.
Break my fingers? $#*!.

And honestly, why isn't this a 64 team tournament? There are so many smaller great characters. 

Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

laugh.gif
9476.gif

Marlo reminds me of 50 Cent too much, Avon is that dude 
smokin.gif
^ One of my favorite parts of the first season.. classic. Just like Elpablo21 said... no Slim Charles? Wh-what?  
But Ziggy's on there??? Anways, I've got Wallace & D'angelo as my first round upsets.

My picks for today...
1. Avon

1. Omar

2. Prop Joe

2. Michael

3. Colvin

3. Snoop

5. Dukie

5. Cutty

I'm taking Bodie and Brother Mouzone as far as I can. Colvin would be my other sleeper.

Day 1 Picks

West B-More

1. Omar
2. Michael
6. D'Angelo Barksdale
4. Chris

Ports

1. Avon Barksdale
2. Prop Joe
3. Bunny Colvin
4. Carcetti

No major surprises on my end

Colvin would be my other sleeper.

This.  The whole premise behind Hamsterdam is *#+$%$# wild....it takes some real guts to try to pull some %!+* like that off
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom