A Thread About Fatherhood

Looks like you're ready!!!!

Despite there already is a thread about fathers you can never have too many

My girl is due 6/27, and man I'm excited for the spit up blankets and diaper changing. Nervous but more excited than anything. The whole experience with her pregnancy has been great for the most part.

I'm at every appointment, every baby event she finds, etc. She won a nursing pillow sine she's gonna breastfeed. If your girl plan on breastfeeding a nursing pillow is a must if she doesn't have one already.

Edit: just paid attention to the name, charlee brown. Dope

Last edited:
NT is getting old. Congrats.

im not ready, im not havin kids before 30.

Congrats.

Looks like you're ready!!!!

Despite there already is a thread about fathers you can never have too many

My girl is due 6/27, and man I'm excited for the spit up blankets and diaper changing. Nervous but more excited than anything. The whole experience with her pregnancy has been great for the most part.

I'm at every appointment, every baby event she finds, etc. She won a nursing pillow sine she's gonna breastfeed. If your girl plan on breastfeeding a nursing pillow is a must if she doesn't have one already.

Edit: just paid attention to the name, charlee brown. Dope

her dads name is Charlie and she wanted to use that as a middle name regardless of gender...i suggested spelling it the way we did to make it more feminine

my wifes pregnancy has been great as well...no morning sickness at all, no weird food aversions or anything...just tired for the first trimester...and headaches but that's due to drinking less caffeine now

my wife plans to breastfeed but a lot of mothers just can't hack it...i plan to take two weeks of vacation when the baby arrives so i can do all the cooking/cleaning and stuff in the house and she can focus on the baby/feeding because supposedly the first two weeks of feeding are very intense and draining (physically)

congratulations! :smile: that's an adorable name. :pimp: i'm sure you & your wife are gonna be amazing parents.
the grey & pink scheme of the nursery is unique. i love love love it! best wishes!

nthat.gif

Congrats famb.

Beautiful name, beautiful nursing room, and from what I've seen a great dad.

Congratulations man.

Get ready for your life to be turned upside down OP. Once that child comes into the world, you will immediately forget how life was w/o her. My daughter drives me up the wall but couldn't imagine life w/o her. I would do anything for her and her mother (my wife). And a little forewarning, she WILL have you wrapped around her little finger from the jump :lol: Congrats

Congrats op it will be a while before i start having kids but none the less congrats keep the community updated!

Dont OD on Baby Cloths. They grow too fast for you to use all those cloths and you wont even get around to them
Dont OD on toys. They will move in and out of the kids attention so grab some classics and leave it there
Diapers.... Stack them High like Greenbacks

GET RIGHT AND STAY RIGHT WITH THE CHILDS MOTHERS

Congrats brother. The wife is due on Aug 28th and we're having a baby girl (Melia Rayne is what my wife wants). Jay if you're reading this, hold on to all that polo for me my dude. I'm gonna have a boy the next time out.

Congratulations fam.

Thread is bittersweet. I just lost my babyboy a week and a half ago.

Be the best dad that kid could ever have man. That room looks great

Congradulations my man. I got two little girls of my own. You already know this, but you will never sleep sound again. The first year couple years are tough. Its funny my oldest is now potty trained and now she my homie :lol:. I be chilling watching the game while she draws, "Daddy I'ma go potty" I just be chillin :lol:

You'll only goal now is to make sure that child becomes better than you could ever be.

There are no con's. Yeah you may not be able to the same stuff that you used to, but honestly who cares. I spend most of waking moments just thinking about my girls and what more I need to do for them.

Just a heads up for alot of new dads. Letters and Numbers. Thats what you need to practice with kids. Shapes are easy and who gives a **** about color, there some color blind kids doing fine right now. They start school at 3 in alot of countries there is no reason your child cannot be at that level. YOU MUST PUT EDUCATION AND DEVELOPMENT AT PREMIUM. Especially for girls. Its common knowledge that girls achieve better marks in school than boys up to certain grade, than a dramatic drop off. You must instill proper learning and comprehension techniques as early as possible to help them over the hump. When people say no tv for kids its true to a certain extent. With my girls no tv before the age of two. What I did do was let them use sites like Starfall.com and interactive games on the ipad so they are involved with what they see and learn hand eye coordination along with using the computer early.

The biggest problem with TV for babies and kids is that it creates a child you can't stay focused for two long on one activity. Now this isn't true for all kids, but a majority. READ to your kids EVERY NIGHT or as often as you can. Its vastly important to their development and for future comprehension and retention in school if they learn that reading is thoughtful dedicated process.

My mother has a Masters in Education and Child development and gives me alot of great advice and tips. Honestly its works and I see results. The first 5 years in your childs life are crucial if you want them to develop good habits in school for later in life.

Congrats man.. just remember that as your child grows and evolves, so do you. I've got three myself and I wouldn't be a good father if I handled them all the same. You gotta learn who your child is and what works.. best of luck. Enjoy every moment and take all the pics you can

Back
Top Bottom