A smart change Nike and JB should do

Jesus..how many threads have to be created with this non sense...understand the dudes who cop early don't care authenticity...it's all about having them early...most of the time they don't even get the retail packaging...just an orange box...so clearly the "early" pairs are not retail ready so WHY would anyone assume whatever measure of judging authenticity would be included???? One of the last things put on the car before it leaves the factory is the VIN...just saying.

So again..dudes pay wayyyyyyyyy beyond retail...no retail packaging...and I'm sure it wont have a sticker or whatever..and the answer will always be because they don't want to go through the hassle of coping on release date...

If done properly, something like this could be really cool. Problem is, the factories and areas of production always leave them susceptible to counterfeiting...

all ideas are good but at the end of the day nike doesnt care because no matter how bad the quality is people still buy the product.

Thats why I like the higher quality numbered shoes (like the BIN 23 line) You could spot a fake immediately. But JB is trying to sell us BS for BIN prices

Originally Posted by ijapino

One thing that I thought was clever on the XX1's was the hidden message you could only see under a black light.
What?! 
eek.gif
The XX1 is one of my favorite shoes and I never knew about this..

edit: just looked at all my pairs and sure enough, there it is. my grey pair has a different logo on the lacelock tho.. pretty cool

Originally Posted by Ayipapi

Jesus..how many threads have to be created with this non sense...understand the dudes who cop early don't care authenticity...it's all about having them early...most of the time they don't even get the retail packaging...just an orange box...so clearly the "early" pairs are not retail ready so WHY would anyone assume whatever measure of judging authenticity would be included???? One of the last things put on the car before it leaves the factory is the VIN...just saying.

So again..dudes pay wayyyyyyyyy beyond retail...no retail packaging...and I'm sure it wont have a sticker or whatever..and the answer will always be because they don't want to go through the hassle of coping on release date...
In all fairness, this could apply to re-sellers and not just early release buyers. It would be nice to know that you're getting authentic kicks when doing business with someone online because unfortunately, not everyone is 100% honest. That being said, I agree with your point on the craziness of copping early and paying $$$ just to have them a month before GR.

The real reason besides cost is that Nike doesn't care because fakes are not affecting their sales. Their sales are higher than ever even with the price increase on every one of their products and all the early release sites. Why invest money on fixing a problem when your income is the highest its ever been?

Originally Posted by ijapino

Maybe not a sticker...but perhaps a certificate of authenticity that comes with the shoes. Something that has a serial number that you can check online to verify the authenticity of your pair. I know it's probably a hassle that Nike doesn't want to go through but if it means saving customers and fan base it's definitely a start.

that would definitely be smart if Nike and JB do this. Bootleggers will have a hard time if Nike and JB would do this. BUT in reality it would cost more $ doing this and i'm pretty sure they would rather not.

A simple way to solve this would be to adopt the same method that Moncler has used since 2008 - Certilogo.

rather they let us ID different jordans for 400 dollars...i would rather have that...with some type or watermark..or sticker or somthing to showed it came from nike

Originally Posted by Ayipapi

Some dudes don't want to wait in line and don't mind paying above MSRP because they'd rather do something else, so they have to resort to sites such as this anyways and pay extra cash.  So if you have to pay extra for shoes anyways, why not and go ahead and get them early?  Sometimes it's not all about breaking necks.

^stop it homie...cause EBAY is FLOODED with Concords right now..most with RECEIPTS or receipts can be request to prove purchase place...I say this to say that pairs can still be had..ABOVE retail AFTER release...but at that point what difference does it make...most would rather cop early and stunt for the inflated price (call it price justification)

Again..I'm not mad at dudes who cop early..do you..but don't cry later...our culture knows of Sneekgeekz and Franalations simply for this reason...everyone wants to be the new YouTube sensation...unfortunately that cost money...

As far as watermarking your pair or whatever...it's called a receipt and I keep all my receipts in the box should I ever need them for later...

Back
Top Bottom