A Ma Maniere AJ3 - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING ALLOWED

I feel the same way about both pairs of 3's. I don't mind the yellowing.

Didn't get the AMM 3's because I didn't think the resell price justified what they were. Will be more than happy with the WC3's.

Spent a good chunk of my vacation in AMM 3s and 4s
BC580843-9C8A-4DF5-B63B-539A45324787.jpeg
BA4E1F43-E64C-403E-8566-F1BDA50E4CF4.jpeg
8B7C3AD1-8889-4B60-87B8-2742288E1702.jpeg

Hey fellas are the 4s TTS? I might trade something in my collection on Tradeblock for em…

Hey fellas are the 4s TTS? I might trade something in my collection on Tradeblock for em…

I wish this was a strident forward answer but it’s not. For me it was a tight true to size that loosened up pretty considerably after wear. If you have wide foot the consensus is to go up half a size but your pinky toe might be in pain for awhile

I wish this was a strident forward answer but it’s not. For me it was a tight true to size that loosened up pretty considerably after wear. If you have wide foot the consensus is to go up half a size but your pinky toe might be in pain for awhile
Co-sign. If 0.5 is an option I think that’s safest. Otherwise tts should be alright after some break in.

love my AMM3's, but I wish the tongue was a less conspicuous like the recent 3's
Agree, the tongues are a bit aggressive lol whole shoe is much better once broken in a bit.

Also the amm 4s are tts as long as you relace them like a normal person lol

I relace every pair of shoes I get from Nike or JB. They always come too tight, and often with the laces twisted up.
Do you have any particular method for lacing 4s?

I don't like the way they come laced.

...but I can't really think of any other way.

I relace every pair of shoes I get from Nike or JB. They always come too tight, and often with the laces twisted up.
Yeah I agree they do come OD tight sometimes but all you need to do is loosen em up lol. Idk the thought of relacing a shoe that's already laced just seems like an unneeded inconvenience

I’m not sure why, but I do get a better fit if I relace them on foot than if I just loosen them.

That said, I can get 90% of the way there by just relacing the last 4 or 5 holes on foot and just loosening the bottom.

My feet are stupid wide, though - EEE on most Alden lasts.

Do you have any particular method for lacing 4s?

I don't like the way they come laced.

...but I can't really think of any other way.
Do it MJ '89-style: Skip the middle hole of the plastic pieces near the toe. And only use the middle hole on the plastic "wings" on the ankle. That's how I have done it since '89, anyway.
Yeah I agree they do come OD tight sometimes but all you need to do is loosen em up lol. Idk the thought of relacing a shoe that's already laced just seems like an unneeded inconvenience
I treat it like a ritual LOL. They don't really feel like mine until I redo the laces. Sometimes the factory job comes a bit uneven in length, too. And I like loosening them all the way down, then just snugging them up once on my feet. Lets me adjust a lot of shoes so I can have them tied but can also just slip them on and off without untying/retying.
I've never been able to lace up my shoes without getting them twisted up.

Some are worse than others.

...but they're all twisted.
It just takes a small amount of effort. As I pull the lace through the hole with one hand, I use my other hand and pinch the section I'm pulling through with my thumb and forefinger to keep it from rolling over on itself and ending up twisted.

I thought pretty much everyone did this :lol:

Do it MJ '89-style: Skip the middle hole of the plastic pieces near the toe. And only use the middle hole on the plastic "wings" on the ankle. That's how I have done it since '89, anyway.

I treat it like a ritual LOL. They don't really feel like mine until I redo the laces. Sometimes the factory job comes a bit uneven in length, too. And I like loosening them all the way down, then just snugging them up once on my feet. Lets me adjust a lot of shoes so I can have them tied but can also just slip them on and off without untying/retying.

It just takes a small amount of effort. As I pull the lace through the hole with one hand, I use my other hand and pinch the section I'm pulling through with my thumb and forefinger to keep it from rolling over on itself and ending up twisted.

I thought pretty much everyone did this :lol:

Pretty much what I do. Esp when the laces come uneven, it often requires a re-lace. Yes, relacing 4s is a pain, however, it's not really that serious and is a one-time ritual that only ever happens once per shoe, so it's not too stressful.

I’m not sure why, but I do get a better fit if I relace them on foot than if I just loosen them.

That said, I can get 90% of the way there by just relacing the last 4 or 5 holes on foot and just loosening the bottom.

My feet are stupid wide, though - EEE on most Alden lasts.
How the **** can you even wear 4s then? or 3s? 5s and 1s even give me trouble, and that’s after sizing up and having extra length 😵‍💫

I’m like an E width, and every 4 I’ve tried has destroyed my pinky toe. I don’t even try anymore.

Back
Top Bottom