A Look at What Happened to Michael Vick's Dogs

Originally Posted by gambit215

IF I go to jail for fighting dogs, than why is Joe the Hunter not going to jail for shooting the countless other animals we kill for pleasure
you dont get that auto insurance rates are jacked up and the highways are littered with even more carcasses?

He wasnt just fighting them. He was drowning them, shocking them, and body slamming them to death....
laugh.gif

foreal??
ohwell.gif

Thats what the article said man... i mean if dog fighting was bad enough.. oh I think it said they would just point blank shoot the dogs sometimes too.

Originally Posted by Method Man

umm your right, because i said animals, not dogs specifically.

people eat chicken everyday, fish, turkey, steak, bacon, sausage, etc...............

arent they just as equal as dogs?
See, I have no problem with statements like this if used to point out the hypocrisy of some forms of animal cruelty justified as "necessary for survival," let alone frivolities like fashion and entertainment. The catch is, you can use that argument to arrive at two diametrically opposed conclusions: if all animals' lives are equally valuable, are you suggesting that dogs are worth as "little" as cattle - or that the lives of cattle ought to be held in the same regard as dogs?

What disappoints me is that many people have opted for the former, and have chosen to consider dogs' lives worthless rather than to consider all animal life invaluable.

For the record, since I'm sure someone would try to get smart and ask, I don't purchase shoes that use animal leather.

of course, everyone is aware of the moral issues attached to livestock, but most clothing hide is a byproduct of livestock farmed for food. thereisnt a way to sustain the earths population on strictly plant-based food, so it just ends up being one of those things.

Good for the dogs. I'm a fan of Vick on the field, but he's obviously not very admirable off of it. I'm not a PETA advocate (they'repractically terrorists), but what he did was wrong. He's paying his debt to society. He may never do anything bad ever again, but you can't live downyour past.

How does the phrase go? You can take _ out the hood, but can't take the hood out the _...

This thread went off after I went to bed
laugh.gif
. I keep hearing people say hewas drowning them,shocking them and beating them. Was there ever undoubtable proof of this? I know people who fight dogs I'm around em all the time. NONEof them are ever beatin or shocked none of that. If they turn or won't fight then there usually killed if no one wants them. Ive never seen any tourturethough. Whoever said white susburb america dosent won pits is soo far off. They all want a "drug dealer dog" to walk around and look "hard"in front of there friends they love a pitbull
roll.gif
. I'm sure imma getheat for this one but someone said somthin about !!!+ fighting. I feel a bit differnt on this subject (not thread jackin). If you put 2 dogs in a cage they mayor may not fight just depends. If you put 2 chickens (game cocks) in a cage one WILL kill the other. if there are 5 in a yard 1 will kill the other 4. thatsnature and how they are. I would have to say dog fighting would be worse than !!!+ fighting on my scale. once again so I don't get BS from everyone. I ownpits that do not fight I KNOW people who fight them and that isnt me so I don't need a PETA speech
grin.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by mr delorean

BTW, what they did to Mike Vick was just wrong.
i dont know who "they" are, but your opinion is in the minority.
The prosecution, the system, take your pick Trust, the opinion is not in the minority. Maybe at a PETA conference it is.
you dont understand the charges, do you. peta has nothing to do with it, and the animal cruelty was just for flashy headlines to sell papers.
You, my friend, are delusional if you think the treatment Michael Vick was fair.
you have a short attention span. i suppose you dont remember the topics and posts here about the marines and the puppy throwing incident, likelybecause the accused werent a couple of black guys being held down by the man. the same idiots posting free vick in this topic were screaming for blood in thatcase. at least one of those guys lost his career, too, the difference is it was a single incident with no racketeering involved.

At the end of the day you cant help but feel this is a racist issue, I mean as I write this, there isnt even an African American in the Senate, so I mean lawsare essentially made by white men, and its like this whole hunting/dog fighting issue is based on the fact that white men predominately hunt and minorities dogfight so our form of dealing with animals is not acceptable but shooting them are, and all that talk about electrocuting them is just speculation, none of uswere there and its like all I was shocked at all his associates where quick to rat on him so anything they said he did would be taken as truth, his own fatherratted on him for crying out loud!!!!

But who are these ppl really like do they deserve recognition, like really I aint hatin and i aint mad but Who the hell are they!?

of course, everyone is aware of the moral issues attached to livestock, but most clothing hide is a byproduct of livestock farmed for food. there isnt a way to sustain the earths population on strictly plant-based food, so it just ends up being one of those things.
Actually, plant-based diets are far more environmentally sustainable. That's just ecology 101 and the 10% relationship between trophiclevels.

Why do you say it's impossible to survive on a plant-based diet? Please don't link me to the Troy McClure meat council film.

meat_and_you.jpg

What suburban white family owns pitbulls.

wow

kids on niketalk trip me out.. and even if you are not a kid you are thinking like one.. my fam has raised and owned pitbulls since the early 70s when mostpeeps had no clue what kind of dog they were.. my grand mother is 84 years old all of 100 lbs and owns a 60 some odd pound female apbt...

pitsbulls are by no means visious animals they have been around for close to a 100 years now.. if they were such killers dont you think you would of been jeardabout them? its only in the last 10 to 15 years that fools have got a hold of them and beat them senseless dont feed them keep them locked in closets only tocome out to fight... if someone did that to a human im sure would snap off to.

sorry to thread jack but pitbulls something i hold near and dear to my heart so its a sensitve subject..

This thread is 10 pages, i know there is a heated argument going on in here, somebody feel me in

Originally Posted by dabossofbosses

What suburban white family owns pitbulls.
wow

kids on niketalk trip me out.. and even if you are not a kid you are thinking like one.. my fam has raised and owned pitbulls since the early 70s when most peeps had no clue what kind of dog they were.. my grand mother is 84 years old all of 100 lbs and owns a 60 some odd pound female apbt...

pitsbulls are by no means visious animals they have been around for close to a 100 years now.. if they were such killers dont you think you would of been jeard about them? its only in the last 10 to 15 years that fools have got a hold of them and beat them senseless dont feed them keep them locked in closets only to come out to fight... if someone did that to a human im sure would snap off to.

sorry to thread jack but pitbulls something i hold near and dear to my heart so its a sensitve subject..

I'm not disagreeing with you I love pits as much as you im sure but if you been around em that long you got to know there a certain bloodlines that areprone to be more aggressive toward man and some more aggressive toward dog.I'm not saying they can't be wonderful family pets but there are somebloodlines that are best left to the pros and not a family of 4.

Originally Posted by IM A HELION

Originally Posted by TrueBlack88

And to compare the brutality and cruelty of dog-fighting to hunting is completely and utterly ******ed. If anyone actually thinks they are one in the same, which nobody truly can be stupid enough to do, then they are, in fact, a moron...
What we're gettin at is the end result is exactly the same...the animal still dies in an act of violence, regardless of how "brutal" it is. I mean, with the way you're wording your sentence, you're justifying hunting because it isn't as "brutal and cruel" as dog-fighting. Just like how you think justifying this dog-fighting crap is "simple and foolish," we think it's equally "simple and foolish" to kill animals for "sport and recreation."

This argument will never end, though...pretty soon we're gonna get somebody in here that is appalled at the fact that animals are killed for food. So I think it's best if this thread is just locked and forgotten.
laugh.gif
No. I don't think anybody in America NEEDS to hunt. Nobody NEEDS to go into the woods with a gun and shoot animals for survival. And mostpeople don't do it for survival, they do it for sport. Not to control population or anything else. Just spot. To me, that's not a productive orjustified activity. Nonetheless, to compare, once again, the brutality of dog-fighting to hunting doesn't make sense in any way. I don't think manypeople truly understand or maybe they've never seen a dog-fight personally but...its about as cruel and savage as you can get. Compare that experience withhunting...two totally different things...

BTW, what they did to Mike Vick was just wrong.
i dont know who "they" are, but your opinion is in the minority.
The prosecution, the system, take your pick Trust, the opinion is not in the minority. Maybe at a PETA conference it is.
you dont understand the charges, do you. peta has nothing to do with it, and the animal cruelty was just for flashy headlines to sell papers.
You, my friend, are delusional if you think the treatment Michael Vick was fair.
you have a short attention span. i suppose you dont remember the topics and posts here about the marines and the puppy throwing incident, likely because the accused werent a couple of black guys being held down by the man. the same idiots posting free vick in this topic were screaming for blood in that case. at least one of those guys lost his career, too, the difference is it was a single incident with no racketeering involved.
Not me.........At the end of the day, I will always hold more regard for human than the life of a dog.

Back
Top Bottom