[[_ILLMATIC APPRECIATION POST vol. Greatest Rap Album EVER_]]

*throws hands up*
Can't even argue with that!
Definitely my favorite!

This cat had one liners that were better than dudes' WHOLE albums...............as a teenager!!!!!

laugh.gif
i remember when stole my older cuz illmatic tape
i had just found out who nas was... it didnt leave my walkman
for like three weeks... trustory
*appreciated*

much props, cant forget the producers either w/o them i dont think the album would of been dope.... my alltime fav. album.....nas needa go on tour...ive onlybeen to one of his concerts.

Soo appreciated..

there is not a single song that I skip anytime a track comes up on shuffle.

production is perfect, and nas kills every track.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by KnowledgeTheFoundation

I never ever get tired of bumping Memory Lane/The World Is Yours

I can have it on repeat for a straight 24 hours.
add One Love and It Aint Hard to Tell to that
pimp.gif

Am I the only one that loves REPRESENT as much as I do?

I'm saying it's like my top 3 favorite song on the album

I know i'm gonna get murdered by this but to me Illmatic is little overrated. Classic album and all but a little overrated.

Dope album, definitely a classic, but Nas is not the greatest and neither is this album. Nas fell off pretty hard and fast after this. His next three albumswere terrible, especially compared to this. Ever since then, he's been stirring up controversy just before he releases an album just to try to get it tosell.

Listen to any old AZ album - you'll hear similar production and lyricism. That proved to me that Illmatic might have been more of a product of its ownenvironment than a product of Nas' talent.

I love the guy and root for him, so don't get my comments misconstrued, I just don't think he's even in the discussion of greatest ever. This albumis a must for anyone that even casually listens to hip hop, along with about 10 or 15 other albums from this golden era, but it is certainly not the greatestever. I don't know if Reasonable Doubt is a "greater" album, but I do know that I listen to it a heck of a lot more than I listen to Illmatic.

One of my favorite albums of all time and definitely one of the best but I have to echo the sentiments of the few in here who think this album cannot belabeled definitively as the greatest ever. Too many other great albums that deserve recognition. My main gripe with Illmatic is the length. 9 and a half tracksof classic material is still 9 and a half tracks at the end of the day.

Originally Posted by notoriousniq

Dope album, definitely a classic, but Nas is not the greatest and neither is this album. Nas fell off pretty hard and fast after this. His next three albums were terrible, especially compared to this. Ever since then, he's been stirring up controversy just before he releases an album just to try to get it to sell.

Listen to any old AZ album - you'll hear similar production and lyricism. That proved to me that Illmatic might have been more of a product of its own environment than a product of Nas' talent.

I love the guy and root for him, so don't get my comments misconstrued, I just don't think he's even in the discussion of greatest ever. This album is a must for anyone that even casually listens to hip hop, along with about 10 or 15 other albums from this golden era, but it is certainly not the greatest ever. I don't know if Reasonable Doubt is a "greater" album, but I do know that I listen to it a heck of a lot more than I listen to Illmatic.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by notoriousniq

Dope album, definitely a classic, but Nas is not the greatest and neither is this album. Nas fell off pretty hard and fast after this. His next three albums were terrible, especially compared to this. Ever since then, he's been stirring up controversy just before he releases an album just to try to get it to sell.

Listen to any old AZ album - you'll hear similar production and lyricism. That proved to me that Illmatic might have been more of a product of its own environment than a product of Nas' talent.

I love the guy and root for him, so don't get my comments misconstrued, I just don't think he's even in the discussion of greatest ever. This album is a must for anyone that even casually listens to hip hop, along with about 10 or 15 other albums from this golden era, but it is certainly not the greatest ever. I don't know if Reasonable Doubt is a "greater" album, but I do know that I listen to it a heck of a lot more than I listen to Illmatic.

6a925034597c589a584abf807f6406fafe86f75.gif

You're the only person I've ever heard make those statements. ONLY!!!
laugh.gif

Even those who are blind loyalist to artist he's had problems with musically have never taken it that far.

As far as that last statement goes it just shows your preference not which album is better. Although Illmatic has been critically acclaimed the best Hip Hopalbum ever by countless publications. Not saying, well Yes I Am.

Back
Top Bottom