[[_ILLMATIC APPRECIATION POST vol. Greatest Rap Album EVER_]]

nas.jpg

So here I am, listening to Nas's ILLMATIC for the first time in a year and DAMN!

This whole damn album is pure hip-hop genius. Front to back, back to front, I'll put this up against any other rap album for greatest of all time. Lyricism is unbelievable, production is top notch, the whole running time and length of the album is just PERFECT.

illmatic.jpg

BOW DOWN!
pimp.gif

This album started my love for Hip-Hop...very appreciated....but I can't label it as the greatest rap album

man...anytime NY State of Mind comes up on my iPod I get happy lol

one of the first CDs I ever bought.

My favorite album of all time, easily.

Every track from the intro with the train tracks & Wild Style sample down until It ain't hard to tell closing out with the MJ sample... Can't getenough of this album.

I listen to this religiously
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Every song was great from lyrics, down to production.

Little mini documentary:

nas was so young when he wrote this too.. that's the craziest part. i remember havoc said that while nas was making illmatic, he would to come back to theprojects with casettes of rough/early versions of tracks and would humbly ask havoc "is this aight? you think this is dope?" little did dude know, hewas sitting on gems.

Originally Posted by zube42

Greatest hip-hop album by the greatest hip-hop artist of all time.

Co-sign.

Personal favorite from this one was "One Love". One of my favorite songs ever.

Originally Posted by Every other person I have to argue with about lil wayne

ehh i thought it was wack, the carter 3 > illmatic imo.
smh.gif

I get the joke btw

Originally Posted by dreClark

Definitely one of the greatest rap albums of all time.

Def appreciated
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
....there just can not be a Micheal Jordan of Hip Hop Albums imo...itsto difficult

Back
Top Bottom