98' NBA All-Star Game

Originally Posted by rickybadman

All Star games are not fun without Kobe. Since he came into the league almost every memorable AllSatr game involved Kobe. The League better hope he is healthy this year.
indifferent.gif
i should report you for slurping too hard, but imno snitch
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

All those team warmups are sick. Nike did it best.
seriously,i wanted those BAAAAAD @ the time and still do(esp that bulls on mj was rockin
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
)
this is the best i got tho
00ec_1.JPG

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

One of the greatest weekends of my life. Spent almost every moment at the Javits center/MSG. The ASG, Rookie practice, John Starks free-throw clinic, Leon (the guy from Cool Runnings). Ah, good times.

4 Lakers reppin' the West in 98.

I used to collect NBA posters, and had a Lakers poster with Shaq, Kobe, NVE, and EJ, and it said "Laketown Shakedown" or something like that.
Still have mine hanging up in my room!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JCH3

Great videos.

I wish they brought back some of those jerseys, but what else is new?

On a side note- individual team jerseys>all star jerseys
people seem to love that but I hate it it looks stupid to me, but as bad as reebok and addidas have been designing the unis as of late i think imalmost ready for it to make a comeback

Originally Posted by Kidskillz858

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

My dude NVE and Eddie Jones were all-stars too!
pimp.gif

4 Lakers reppin' the West in 98.
pimp.gif

Nick. Eddie. Shaq. and Kobe.
pimp.gif

Eddie's 15/11 > Kobe's 18/6. Yeah, I said it.

I have this game on my ipod and watch it to past the time at work.

This can also be the allstar game remembered as that was the beginning of the end for Nick Van Exel and Eddie Jones in the purple and gold. After this allstar game Eddie Jones & Elden Campbell were traded to the Hornets for Glen Rice, J.R. Reid, and B.J. Armstrong
tired.gif
. Then later that year in the 2nd round of the playoffs Nick Van Exel did his "1,2,3 Cancoon" chant before the Lakers got swept by the Jazz which led to Shaq going to Dr. Buss and telling him he wanted Nick traded which happened and Nick became a Nugget.
Nick did lead the league in scoring for a portion of the 01 season in denver before he got traded, I think that was 01. Not 100% on that,don't feel like doing research lol

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
i def remember this allstar game from NY. This is the one whereKobe had that notorious hookshot everyone was going crazy for that. I remember John Starks was there and everyone was going nuts for him.

eek.gif
looking at thise vids Kobe used to be CRAZY explosive

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
at Isiah speaking with the commentators

I def remember that year. It was an awesome year for the NBA. A lot of kids on this board wont remember, but Grant Hill was amazing that season, and I agree100% with Flintgrey. That was the beginning of the end for Penny.

I wish I was 10 again in the 5th grade watching that game.

Back
Top Bottom