9 years ago on September 11th, give a summary of your day?

i was in middle school on my way to school on a stinky city bus....once i got to school all we did was watch the news.

i was in middle school on my way to school on a stinky city bus....once i got to school all we did was watch the news.

Originally Posted by jthagreat

we talk for a second and i was like MOM i need to get the New Jay-Z album. every store was closed, or currently closing, but we decided this lil mixtape spot (AZ does not have record shops like that) I get my Copy to the GREATEST ALBUM OF ALL TIME and listen and peep the news for the next 6 MONTHS.

but THE BLUEPRINT and all the travelin to get it, and moms helpin out like that meant a lot and is a bright spot of that day.
roll.gif
Thought I'd be the only one with a story that was more so about The Blueprint dropping haha.

I was in the 10th grade too. Woke up, seen the first plane had already hit, didnt even think twice about it. By the time I got to first period, they had an announcement that a second plane had hit and that isn't wasnt safe to be out and about that day so go straight home after school. I gave two *$%*!, I wasnt about to let nobody stop me from copping that new Jay
laugh.gif
Walked to bestbuy bought it and listened to it like 10 times straight.

Guess I cared more about Hov then I did America
indifferent.gif
@ me but not really.

we talk for a second and i was like MOM i need to get the New Jay-Z album. every store was closed, or currently closing, but we decided this lil mixtape spot (AZ does not have record shops like that) I get my Copy to the GREATEST ALBUM OF ALL TIME and listen and peep the news for the next 6 MONTHS.

but THE BLUEPRINT and all the travelin to get it, and moms helpin out like that meant a lot and is a bright spot of that day.
roll.gif
Thought I'd be the only one with a story that was more so about The Blueprint dropping haha.

I was in the 10th grade too. Woke up, seen the first plane had already hit, didnt even think twice about it. By the time I got to first period, they had an announcement that a second plane had hit and that isn't wasnt safe to be out and about that day so go straight home after school. I gave two *$%*!, I wasnt about to let nobody stop me from copping that new Jay
laugh.gif
Walked to bestbuy bought it and listened to it like 10 times straight.

Guess I cared more about Hov then I did America
indifferent.gif
@ me but not really.

In 6th Grade, I slept over my grandma's house and she always wakes up early to read the newspaper and she woke me up and turned on the TV and since schools were canceled family members came over and we watched the events unfold. Never forget how quiet the entire Bay Area was the whole day.

In 6th Grade, I slept over my grandma's house and she always wakes up early to read the newspaper and she woke me up and turned on the TV and since schools were canceled family members came over and we watched the events unfold. Never forget how quiet the entire Bay Area was the whole day.

I think I was in 7th grade, at first I thought they was about to start a war or some $#!^ but after I heard it was a terrorist attack I was spooked. Then there was a bomb threat at some school and we were sent home. That day def. changed a lot of NYCer lifes, so I guess thats why I hate when people (that are not from NY) ask me to tell them about 911.

I think I was in 7th grade, at first I thought they was about to start a war or some $#!^ but after I heard it was a terrorist attack I was spooked. Then there was a bomb threat at some school and we were sent home. That day def. changed a lot of NYCer lifes, so I guess thats why I hate when people (that are not from NY) ask me to tell them about 911.

Does anyone remember the Times issue that focused on the 9/11 attacks? That pic of the guy on one of the towers with the plane behind him had me going nuts
i actually dont, but the picture that is plastered sp? on my mind forever will be the firefighter looking straight into the camera. Firefighter goin up, others goin donw.

brings tears to my eyes...GOD BLESS

although it was ps'd, at that age i believed that it was real
tourist_guy_e-mail_hoax_september_11th_2001_new_york_city.jpg

Does anyone remember the Times issue that focused on the 9/11 attacks? That pic of the guy on one of the towers with the plane behind him had me going nuts
i actually dont, but the picture that is plastered sp? on my mind forever will be the firefighter looking straight into the camera. Firefighter goin up, others goin donw.

brings tears to my eyes...GOD BLESS

although it was ps'd, at that age i believed that it was real
tourist_guy_e-mail_hoax_september_11th_2001_new_york_city.jpg

It was morning before going to class in 9th grade, I didnt even feel like playing sports in P.E. class I knew tragedy had hit our country.

I think in my second class we started watching the news and we kinda got the idea of what was going on but we were 13 and 14.

R.I.P. to everyone we lost and our heroes.

It was morning before going to class in 9th grade, I didnt even feel like playing sports in P.E. class I knew tragedy had hit our country.

I think in my second class we started watching the news and we kinda got the idea of what was going on but we were 13 and 14.

R.I.P. to everyone we lost and our heroes.

I was a senior in highschool. The first plane had hit a little before I woke up. I heard i. On the news but didn't really think anything about it. As I was getting ready for school my little brother yelled another plane crashed. That's when I knew it was serious. I get to school and all we do in every class is sit and watch in awe of the whole day unfolding in front of us. It was surreal. During the early coverage they were actually showing people jumping from the towers to avoid the flames
smh.gif
just seeing people lose their lives in front of you like that is something you don't forget. Our school has lots of kids from the nearby airbase and they were on lockdown and kids were trying to get back on base and having problems doing so. But we still had to go to football practice, we were all trying to get out of it
laugh.gif

I was a senior in highschool. The first plane had hit a little before I woke up. I heard i. On the news but didn't really think anything about it. As I was getting ready for school my little brother yelled another plane crashed. That's when I knew it was serious. I get to school and all we do in every class is sit and watch in awe of the whole day unfolding in front of us. It was surreal. During the early coverage they were actually showing people jumping from the towers to avoid the flames
smh.gif
just seeing people lose their lives in front of you like that is something you don't forget. Our school has lots of kids from the nearby airbase and they were on lockdown and kids were trying to get back on base and having problems doing so. But we still had to go to football practice, we were all trying to get out of it
laugh.gif

I was a junior in high school. I was changing clothes for 1st period gym class when I hear the coach tell us that we're going to remember this day forever. He had the TV on and that's when I saw clips of the planes hitting the WTC. I was wearing my true blue 3s btw.

I was a junior in high school. I was changing clothes for 1st period gym class when I hear the coach tell us that we're going to remember this day forever. He had the TV on and that's when I saw clips of the planes hitting the WTC. I was wearing my true blue 3s btw.

1st pd Spanish II in 10th grade. We was just in there chillin bout to start class when the French teacher comes knockin on the door tellin what happened. We turn on the tv in shock. 3-5mins later, while watchin the report, we see the second plane hit and we all like
eek.gif
"Ooooooooh %%%!" Needless to say, no classes went on that much. Parents were comin to get their children from school and all that jazz. We hear there was a plane headed to Three Mile Island and we were shook (I'm from Harrisburg, Pa) After school, day went the same as usual

1st pd Spanish II in 10th grade. We was just in there chillin bout to start class when the French teacher comes knockin on the door tellin what happened. We turn on the tv in shock. 3-5mins later, while watchin the report, we see the second plane hit and we all like
eek.gif
"Ooooooooh %%%!" Needless to say, no classes went on that much. Parents were comin to get their children from school and all that jazz. We hear there was a plane headed to Three Mile Island and we were shook (I'm from Harrisburg, Pa) After school, day went the same as usual

I was in 3rd grade and in early morning day care. I overheard the day care workers talking about planes running into the WTC. I had no idea what the hell they were talking about. I didn't know it was serious til i saw it on TV.

I was in 3rd grade and in early morning day care. I overheard the day care workers talking about planes running into the WTC. I had no idea what the hell they were talking about. I didn't know it was serious til i saw it on TV.

I was a freshman in high school. When my didn't come, something bad usually happened, it was just something coincidental. It's also a close family members birthday. Long story short, went to school, watched the news, got mad paranoid, I had a young global mind at the time so I thought Houston was next. Stuff just really tripped me out because of that many people losing their lives. For the most part I shook out of it, my mom scooped me and my brother from our schools, went to Subway for her birthday, and that was it.

RIP to those who perished, as well as God bless those affected directly, and indirectly as well.

I was a freshman in high school. When my didn't come, something bad usually happened, it was just something coincidental. It's also a close family members birthday. Long story short, went to school, watched the news, got mad paranoid, I had a young global mind at the time so I thought Houston was next. Stuff just really tripped me out because of that many people losing their lives. For the most part I shook out of it, my mom scooped me and my brother from our schools, went to Subway for her birthday, and that was it.

RIP to those who perished, as well as God bless those affected directly, and indirectly as well.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Originally Posted by Fatherless Child

Wow some of y'all are young. Elementary school? I was a freshman in high school. I remember we were in class and the teacher came from another room to inform my teacher. My teacher just broke down crying and it scared the hell outta the kids. We turned the tv on and everybody starting freaking, some saying they knew people that worked there, people were related to some of the WTC workers. Cast day. I remember watching that 2nd plane hit live on TV.

America has never been the same since. Kind of like a planted ideology in the people.
smh.gif

Haha....Freshman in high school? I was on my second year in college.
Cosign!  It makes me realize how young Niketalk really is now.  This whole weekend, i was watching 9/11 specials on History channel.  I'm still so shocked and its' still surreal to me that all that happened that day.

I remember i was still sleeping.  My boy called me up and was all talkin bout "did you hear what happened?...the WTC got hit by planes and exploded...do we have school?"  All i made out at the time was something about planes, explosions, school.  So i was still in mid sleep, like, 'What??...CSM(College of San Mateo) exploded??...what are you talking about?" HAAHAHA.  So then i turned the TV on and it was surreal.

All i remember is every class i had that day, we talked about it except for my Sociology class which coincidentally, my professor was Middle Eastern.  Hella trippy how she didn't mention the events AT ALL... NO word of it as if it didn't even happen.

Back
Top Bottom