8 US troops charged in death of GI

The destructive nature of Euro-American-chauvinism and capital-imperialism WILL meet a response..in an orderly constructed fashion.

This is but a microcosmic example of the historical narrative and exactly why I will NOT join these %$@ holes. I would rather fight them. They DO NOT represent my American nationality and they surely aren't protecting anybody but themselves and the bloody legacy and class interests of colonial Europe. This type of behavior doesn't represent America..but rather European LOYALISTS.

On top of a countless amount of conflicts, there has already been two world wars and countless generations of men lost over the same issues we are struggling with today. Everything is intimately tied together on this planet we all share.

This is not a blanket statement against European people...only to Europeans and those who have followed them by adopting their methods of violence and aggression which have threatened the co-existence of the diverse cultures of the world with their cultural conquest complex and dumb deaf and blind jingoism.

This is NOT acceptable anymore.

That's why I would never serve in the Military even if called upon.

They want you to fight for a country where no one likes or cares about you except for your family. 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

Originally Posted by hongcouver604

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

I hope every single one of these !+%@%!%$ die in a fire. #%%+ these %%%%+@#. 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
Lt. Daniel J. Schwartz, 25, of Maryland ; Staff Sgt. Blaine G. Dugas, 35, of Port Arthur, Texas; Staff Sgt. Andrew J. Van Bockel, 26, of Aberdeen, S.D.; Sgt. Adam M. Holcomb, 29, of Youngstown, Ohio; Sgt. Jeffrey T. Hurst, 26, of Brooklyn, Iowa; Spc. Thomas P. Curtis, 25, of Hendersonville, Tenn; Spc. Ryan J. Offutt, 32, of Greenville, Pa.; and Sgt. Travis F. Carden, 24, of Fowler, Ind.

Just look at where they're from
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
.  Folks should've stuck to cooking up Meth labs in their humble abode of a trailer trash home.  I'd be surprised to learn if they not were results from inbreeding, too.
ignorant post by an ignorant niketalker known for saying stupid stuff.   lets just stereotype all white people from the south as inbred trailor trash that have meth labs.

but hey people say things behind a messageboard that they wouldn't dare say in real life.

dude should be banned because if you say anything bad about asians on this board even if your joking around, the next time you log in your getting that blue screen and you deserve it too because offensive remarks shouldn't be posted on here.

now regarding the dude that killed himself, it's a damn shame his fellow soilders picked on him and harrassed him like that. anyone that partook in the bullying of him should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and have the book thrown at him.  i feel so bad for that guy dannys family.

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

They want you to fight for a country where no one likes or cares about you except for your family. 
roll.gif
co sign
and fight for the benefit of a few rich white men on top of that
sick.gif

my best friend used to be upbeat but dude is depressed all the time since coming back from iraq

indifferent.gif
@ the tough love @!%%#%%%

Disgusting.

Being bullied is one thing but Danny Chen was tormented, Mentally and physically. Justice shall be brought to the individuals who sought to disturb his life and his family.
R.I.P Danny Chen thank you for serving our country.

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

roll.gif
co sign
and fight for the benefit of a few rich white men on top of that
sick.gif

my best friend used to be upbeat but dude is depressed all the time since coming back from iraq

indifferent.gif
@ the tough love %*%%****

Y'all know this is far more the exception than the rule right?

Stupid generalization to make on your part, and the Military is likely going to be more diverse than anywhere you work in the private sector, even in positions of authority.

This is just sad, had I been his platoon Sgt or Commander this would not have happen.

People who are speaking negatively towards this young man allegedly taking his life have no clue what he must have went through.

He has no one to relate to or talk to if a group of your peers are harassing him, who can he trust?

This is the fault of the group who hazed him as well as poor leadership all around.

RIP to this young man and thank you for serving.

^ Well, he should have sought out his BN E.O Officer, and if he got no response there go up to the BDE Level E.O Officer. I would also seek to speak to a 1SG or CSM directly, but being a PVT I can see how he could have been intimidated by higher ranking individuals from doing so.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

^ Well, he should have sought out his BN E.O Officer, and if he got no response there go up to the BDE Level E.O Officer. I would also seek to speak to a 1SG or CSM directly, but being a PVT I can see how he could have been intimidated by higher ranking individuals from doing so.

That is what I meant by failed leadership he probably felt like he couldn't request mast.

Originally Posted by kiendienn

What happens when you up and leave like "eff this, I'm done"?

Considered A.W.O.L ( absent w/o leave..leave means vacation in military )
Then get arrested once they find you.

but r.i.p Chen, this is terrible.

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Originally Posted by frostythepoptart

he's a grown %$$ man getting bullied in the army... you kidding me with this sympathy nonsense....

i guess I feel some kinda way cause back in the day I got clowned and dealt with it tried my best for my comebacks... knew when to shutup.... etc.

took it all on the chin. like im sure he could've made some friends...
I agree. 
Dude was trained to kill yet is a coward when it comes to standing up to his peers?  

Weak minded individual which is pretty obvious since he killed himself.  
tired.gif
Sad story all around. 
very sad story but the dude was not build for the army and war is not for the weak
but he did not deserve the abuse

people in the military dont have much going for them (NOT ALL MEMBERS OF MILITARY) so they treat people below them like crap

sad but that's part of military life 

all the kid wanted to be was a cop i believe that's what lead him to the army 

too bad he aint go to some city college and get the 20 credits to join the NYPD 

he would have been alive today 

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

I hope every single one of these !+%@%!%$ die in a fire. #%%+ these %%%%+@#. 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
Lt. Daniel J. Schwartz, 25, of Maryland ; Staff Sgt. Blaine G. Dugas, 35, of Port Arthur, Texas; Staff Sgt. Andrew J. Van Bockel, 26, of Aberdeen, S.D.; Sgt. Adam M. Holcomb, 29, of Youngstown, Ohio; Sgt. Jeffrey T. Hurst, 26, of Brooklyn, Iowa; Spc. Thomas P. Curtis, 25, of Hendersonville, Tenn; Spc. Ryan J. Offutt, 32, of Greenville, Pa.; and Sgt. Travis F. Carden, 24, of Fowler, Ind.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
.  Folks should've stuck to cooking up Meth labs in their humble abode of a trailer trash home.  I'd be surprised to learn if they not were results from inbreeding, too.
ignorant post by an ignorant niketalker known for saying stupid stuff.   lets just stereotype all white people from the south as inbred trailor trash that have meth labs.

but hey people say things behind a messageboard that they wouldn't dare say in real life.

dude should be banned because if you say anything bad about asians on this board even if your joking around, the next time you log in your getting that blue screen and you deserve it too because offensive remarks shouldn't be posted on here.

now regarding the dude that killed himself, it's a damn shame his fellow soilders picked on him and harrassed him like that. anyone that partook in the bullying of him should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and have the book thrown at him.  i feel so bad for that guy dannys family.

Wait, YOU'RE calling me ignorant? Look at the pot calling the kettle black

All White people from the South? I hope you do realize that the only state listed above that is located in the south is Texas (unless that's news to you).  And stereotyping? The truth hurts.  All those scumbags that tortured this Chinese kid to the brink live in rural areas: South Dakota, Iowa, Tennessee and Indiana and none of these other small %$! towns I've even heard of...

I can GUARANTEE and bet my life that these scumbags have never met anyone of color/ethnicity outside of these areas until they met Danny, otherwise this wouldn't have happened.  These dudes weren't exposed to diversity or anything else but their trashy life they were living.

And wouldn't dare say it in person? I've been exposed to racism by people like these folks in real life and on the basketball court before and I've spat it to them right in their face.  I'm no tough guy, but it's obvious to see who's tryin to E-flex on here all the time, from the recent threads I've posted and seen you in, talkin about wishing a teenager got cut up in the face and spamming pizza deliveries to a dead kid's grieving family.  Even worse, you congratulate a high school kid for leveling flagrant fouls on other players?

You're the same guy who's willing to make online threats and press someones innocent mother for a fellow NTer's stolen ipad, whom you probably don't even personally know or have ever even met just for some E-props.  Then you go as far as to say you'll film the assault and break-in on camera and post it on NT? You know you can get tried for threat assessment and domestic violence for that right? Go ahead, report me on NT, but don't say I didn't warn you when you get 'ported to the popo and get slapped with a criminal record for a lil shenanigan u trying to pull on NT for smokin hat emoticons. 

you sound rediculous.  of course there's idiots like that serving  but their more of the exception then the norm.

Oh and don't try to come at me the next time when you can't even construct a grammatically proper sentence at a 3rd grade level.  What has the United States public school system taught you all these years? 

Damn, RIP.

This reminds me of A Few Good Men, which I just watched earlier this morning. Strange.
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

All White people from the South? I hope you do realize that the only state listed above that is located in the south is Texas (unless that's news to you).  And stereotyping? The truth hurts.  All those scumbags that tortured this Chinese kid to the brink live in rural areas: South Dakota, Iowa, Tennessee and Indiana and none of these other small %$! towns I've even heard of...

I can GUARANTEE and bet my life that these scumbags have never met anyone of color/ethnicity outside of these areas until they met Danny, otherwise this wouldn't have happened.  These dudes weren't exposed to diversity or anything else but their trashy life they were living.

And wouldn't dare say it in person? I've been exposed to racism by people like these folks in real life and on the basketball court before and I've spat it to them right in their face.  I'm no tough guy, but it's obvious to see who's tryin to E-flex on here all the time, from the recent threads I've posted and seen you in, talkin about wishing a teenager got cut up in the face and spamming pizza deliveries to a dead kid's grieving family.  Even worse, you congratulate a high school kid for leveling flagrant fouls on other players?

You're the same guy who's willing to make online threats and press someones innocent mother for a fellow NTer's stolen ipad, whom you probably don't even personally know or have ever even met just for some E-props.  Then you go as far as to say you'll film the assault and break-in on camera and post it on NT? You know you can get tried for threat assessment and domestic violence for that right? Go ahead, report me on NT, but don't say I didn't warn you when you get 'ported to the popo and get slapped with a criminal record for a lil shenanigan u trying to pull on NT for smokin hat emoticons. 

you sound rediculous.  of course there's idiots like that serving  but their more of the exception then the norm.

Oh and don't try to come at me the next time when you can't even construct a grammatically proper sentence at a 3rd grade level.  What has the United States public school system taught you all these years? 

wow you must have a crush on me or something going back looking at all my posts shaking your fist like "this rex ryan guy, i sure got him this time."

i didn't know proper spelling and spell check was needed when posting on a sneaker messageboard, but thanks professor i'll take note of that next time i post.

it's no point in arguing with someone like you though,  i'll roast you within the rules of niketalk for fun, but i'm not going to waste my time going in on someone who's going to get his feelings hurt and report me.

like i said before though, dudes like you are corny, talkin extra tough behind a computer screen but probably get pressed regularly in real life. dudes like you shouldn't be taken seriously because you wouldn't say all that slick stuff to someone unless your behind a computer screen.

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

RIP

The human race has to do better
It's human nature to be like this.
Us humans have been acting like morons since the caveman days and it'll never change.

wow you must have a crush on me or something going back looking at all my posts shaking your fist like "this rex ryan guy, i sure got him this time."

i didn't know proper spelling and spell check was needed when posting on a sneaker messageboard, but thanks professor i'll take note of that next time i post.

it's no point in arguing with someone like you though,  i'll roast you within the rules of niketalk for fun, but i'm not going to waste my time going in on someone who's going to get his feelings hurt and report me.

like i said before though, dudes like you are corny, talkin extra tough behind a computer screen but probably get pressed regularly in real life. dudes like you shouldn't be taken seriously because you wouldn't say all that slick stuff to someone unless your behind a computer screen.

Ok buddy, go ahead and roast me, see what you can come up with.  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Act like I'm keeping tabs on you.  You're the one following my posts, I merely just stated what I've seen you post in the other posts I've posted in.  Roast me, feel free, I really don't care.  Won't even my waste time reporting you, Mr. E-thug.  BTW, I'm still waiting for that assault video. 

How am I an e thug? That's the funniest thing I ever heard. And how can I film Rico pressing that guy if I'm in cali and he's in new york

Published: 07:50 AM, Fri Jul 27, 2012
Court-martial witness says Pvt. Danny Chen talked of suicide days before his death

By Drew Brooks
Staff writer
The soldier who found Pvt. Danny Chen's body testified that the young soldier had shared suicidal thoughts days before he killed himself in Afghanistan.

Pfc. Degan Berhe was one of several soldiers to testify Thursday before military prosecutors finished their case against Sgt. Adam Holcomb, who is charged with driving Chen to suicide through a pattern of racist name-calling and harassment.

The court-martial on Fort Bragg is set to resume today with testimony from witnesses for the defense. It is expected to continue into Saturday.

Berhe was stationed with Chen and Holcomb at Combat Outpost Palace, a small base near the Pakistan border in southwest Kandahar province.

He testified that Chen, a 19-year-old from New York, complained of being picked on and harassed by a group of superiors that included Holcomb.

Berhe, who said he had observed some of the mistreatment, testified he did not think Chen posed an immediate threat to himself.

He said he didn't trust the noncommissioned officers at the base and waited to tell one who was based elsewhere about the issue. That occurred Oct. 2.

On Oct. 3, Berhe said, he found Chen sprawled on the floor of a guard tower with his rifle an arm's length away. Chen appeared to have shot himself under the chin, with the bullet exiting through his cheek.

Air Force Lt. Col. Edward Mazuchowski, the forensic pathologist who conducted Chen's autopsy, told jurors that two phrases had been written on Chen's left forearm with black ink.

While he couldn't confirm that the writing was Chen's, Mazuchowski said the phrases were, "Tell my parents I'm sorry" and "Veggie - pull the plug."

In their cross-examination, Holcomb's lawyers appeared to try to shift the blame for Chen's death to Berhe.

Capt. Dennis Hernon said Berhe waited several days to tell anyone about Chen and never made an attempt to take Chen's weapon.

"You didn't care for your buddy, did you?" Hernon said. "You had every opportunity to help Pvt. Chen the day he told you. You had every opportunity to prevent this."

Berhe said he feared the leadership at Combat Outpost Palace would not take Chen's suicidal ideation seriously because of their treatment of Chen.

"I didn't know who I should trust," he said.

Another soldier, Pfc. Bryan Johnson, testified that Chen also told him about the harassment at Combat Outpost Palace.

Johnson met Chen in basic training and described himself as a close friend.

While he wasn't stationed at Combat Outpost Palace, Johnson said he saw Chen several times in Afghanistan and, each time, Chen's demeanor appeared to deteriorate.

The last time they saw each other was more than a week before Chen's death, Johnson said.

"It was not the Danny Chen that I knew. It was somebody that had lost all care or hope," he said.

Johnson said Chen told him about the name-calling and being punished by fellow soldiers. He testified that Chen thought he was punished more than others.

"He said he found a way to make what was happening to him at Combat Outpost Palace stop,'' Johnson said.

At the time, Johnson said, he thought Chen was planning to talk to someone in his chain of command. He said he now realizes Chen was talking about suicide.

Holcomb, 30, of Youngstown, Ohio, is the first of eight Fort Wainwright, Alaska, soldiers to be tried in connection with Chen's death.

He is charged with negligent homicide, reckless endangerment, communicating a threat, assault, dereliction of duty, two specifications of maltreatment of a subordinate and four specifications of violating a lawful general regulation.

Holcomb's lawyers have moved to have two of the charges - reckless endangerment and negligent homicide - dismissed because, they said, prosecutors failed to present adequate evidence to prove the charges.

The military judge, Maj. Bret Batdorff, said he would rule on the motions later.

If convicted of all charges, Holcomb faces 17 years and nine months in prison.

After the prosecution finished its case, Holcomb's lawyers were able to call one witness before the end of the day. That witness, Sgt. Davin Dumar, testified that Holcomb saved his life while risking his own after Dumar's leg was blown off by an improvised explosive device on a patrol in Afghanistan.

Dumar said that he observed Holcomb interact and punish soldiers, but that Holcomb wasn't racist and didn't push too hard.

He said corrective punishment was common and justified.

"If you fall asleep on guard and something happens, it's your fault," Dumar said.

:smh:

sadly thats just the way it is in the ARMY when u have a combat MOS(job).

i joined the army at 17, was a generator mechanic attached to an infantry unit, so i spent 15 months following the infantry around afghanistan fixing their generators...and yea, the infantry is NO PLACE FOR A MINORITY...period...

be it blk, hispanic, asian, ive seen them all grouped up on and picked on..

those boyswere  all smiles in fayetteville, everybodys ur friend at ft. bragg... then we got to afghanistan and everyones true colors came out...

im BLESSED to have only been deployed once...no stoploss... did my 3 years, and got out ASAP...

all the military isnt bad, theyres alot of genuinely cool people i met...few i still keep in touch with today...

combat jobs, especially infantry are usually white boys that are just itching to shoot at sumn, and itching to get some rank to talk down to people...period..

nd for people saying why not just go to the commander, battalion, etc...its just not that easy when your a private...you get SMOKED ENDLESSLY for skipping the chain of command..i mean, if ur a private knocking of 1sg door, half the time some e5 is gonna see u, smoke the hell outta u, nd never ask u what was wrong...

the military aint for everybody, if u cant let words easily roll off u, u need not apply...your going to be belittled until u make rank...point blank period...

RIP PVT CHEN!!

Back
Top Bottom