7'9, 360 lbs??

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Look at this guy and realize how impressive Yao's athletic ability and basketball skill is.
Yup. It just amazes me how athletic Yao is. People don't seem to realize how restricting it can be to be so unbelievably tall.

Honestly, watch tape of Shawn Bradley waddling around getting dunked on, or Gheorge Muehhasersanaer (sp?
laugh.gif
) lumber down court, and then watch Yao, who is not a bean pole by any means,and see him spin past, dribble past, and sometimes jump past other players, even though he is the biggest guy on the court every night, and please put intoperspective and realize that you are seeing much more than just "some tall Chinese dude"... People literally get heated that he takes that turnaround J, but that thing is $$$, and it isn't getting blocked, so whats wrong with playing smart? Now I'm not saying Yao is the best player in theleague, but I am saying hes the best 7'3" and up player since Kareem

People literally get heated that he takes that turn around J, but that thing is $$$, and it isn't getting blocked, so whats wrong with playing smart? Now I'm not saying Yao is the best player in the league, but I am saying hes the best 7'1" and up player since Kareem

Roscoe...u buggin fam....what about Shaq? Shaq IMO had one of the most unique skillsets out of ANYONE who has played in the NBA. Here is a guy who had thespeed, strength, and attitude to dominate the NBA from Day 1. Are we at the point where we consider Yao to be dominant? I agree with everything you said inyour last statement about Yao, his jumper, spin, dribble, etc....however, I just think that Shaq (being 7'1") was more of a challenge to defend thanYao....

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

People literally get heated that he takes that turn around J, but that thing is $$$, and it isn't getting blocked, so whats wrong with playing smart? Now I'm not saying Yao is the best player in the league, but I am saying hes the best 7'1" and up player since Kareem

Roscoe...u buggin fam....what about Shaq? Shaq IMO had one of the most unique skillsets out of ANYONE who has played in the NBA. Are we at the point where we consider Yao to be dominant? I agree with everything you said in your last statement about Yao, his jumper, spin, dribble, etc....however, I just think that Shaq (being 7'1") was more of a challenge to defend than Yao....

roll.gif
roll.gif
Im ******ed. I am the first person in history to ever forget Shaq when talkingdominant big men..... MY BAD... like my really really bad.

Ok I changed last post to Yao is the best 7'3" AND UP since Kareem...... once more, my bad
laugh.gif

Thanks for reminding me DoubleJs .... wow, I'm really legitimately disappointed in myself... I'm gonna go take a shower. Need to wash the guilt away.

Originally Posted by Roscoe P Wallace

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Roscoe...u buggin fam....what about Shaq? Shaq IMO had one of the most unique skillsets out of ANYONE who has played in the NBA. Are we at the point where we consider Yao to be dominant? I agree with everything you said in your last statement about Yao, his jumper, spin, dribble, etc....however, I just think that Shaq (being 7'1") was more of a challenge to defend than Yao....

roll.gif
roll.gif
Im ******ed. I am the first person in history to ever forget Shaq when talking dominant big men..... MY BAD... like my really really bad.

Ok I changed last post to Yao is the best 7'3" AND UP since Kareem...... once more, my bad
laugh.gif

Thanks for reminding me DoubleJs .... wow, I'm really legitimately disappointed in myself... I'm gonna go take a shower. Need to wash the guilt away.

laugh.gif
....u were dropping all this great knowledge, then you had the 7'1" line....musta been a freudian slip...LOL...happens the the best of us

YO! I always liked big George Muresan. His height gave him health problems that limited him but he was skilled. DF!!!

yeah thats Big Kenny....he went to this school called Latin in Chicago....i remember playin against him when we were in high school and he blocked my shotwhile standing on the block by the free throw line.....the problem was i was shooting a 3

Dudes in my dorm saw him at Latin, said he only averaged 9 ppg... lol how are you only averaging 9 when 7+? You better be doing better than that if you'reeven 6'6"+

Apparently he graduated HS in like 04 but had to sit out because of some surgery, so now he's listed as a soph

I read an article about him that said Shaq sent him a few pairs of size 22s, then they had to send them to NYC to get modified as 28's ...
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom