7/18 WWE Money in the Bank PPV - 2 MITB Matches | Sheamus vs Cena Steel Cage (p8)

Last night was the TNA Victory Road PPV.  It would have been a thumbs down except for two excellent matches between MCMG/Beer Money and Angle/Pope.  Here's my quick review:

~Douglas Williams d Brian Kendrick via choke submission to retain the X Division Title.  The match was hurt by the gimmick and stupid idea of Douglas's fear of heights.
~Brother Ray d Brother Devon and Jesse Neal. The match was over booked with Devon being locked in a locker room.  I'm not looking forward to the Bubba and Devon feud.
~Angelina Love d Madison Rayne via DQ and was awarded the Women's Title.  The third straight over booked match with Tara returning as a masked motorcyclist.
~AJ Styles and Kazarian d Rob Terry and Samoa Joe.  When Terry wasn't involved, it was good.
~Hernandez d Matt Morgan in a steel cage match.  Yet another overbooked match.  Morgan could have won multiple times but didn't.
~Jay Lethal d Ric Flair with the Figure Four. Not the best match, but a very emotional ending.
~Motor City Machine Guns d Beer Money to win the vacant Tag Team Titles.  Great match.
~Kurt Angle d The Pope.  I don't know if this match or the previous match was better.
~Rob Van Dam d Abyss, Jeff Hardy, and Ken Anderson to retain the TNA Title.  Anderson seemed to be buried at the end as he was hit by everyone's finisher.  The match wasn't very good, and the crowd was dead after the last three matches.

Not a show that you really need to go out of your way to see.

The Money in the Bank PPV is this Sunday night.  It will be a very interesting show to see how it is booked, but I'll get into that later in the week after Raw and Smackdown play out.  Here's what we have for tonight:

The Nexus will be taking on John Cena in a 7 on 1 match.  I would assume it will be tag format because it wouldn't be much of a match if all 7 men were in the ring.  I don't even care if Cena wins or not.  That doesn't bother me that much anymore.  Cena's ridiculously bad promos now make me hate him 100x more than winning a match ever could.  I would think Sheamus is involved in some way with their cage match this Sunday.

Edge will be taking on Randy Orton tonight.  We've seen this match enough times.  I don't think they needed to throw them out there in a meaningless match tonight.  I feel safe to say we won't see a clean finish in this match.  If anyone from the MITB match gets involved, I would think it's Evan Bourne.

Speaking of the MITB match, with R-Truth being taken out of the match last week, there are now only 7 men in the match.  My guess is that the final spot goes to a member of The Nexus.  With Barrett already having a title shot (even though it was suspended last week), I don't think it will be him.  It makes most sense for Gabriel to be in this type of match.  I'm praying they don't put Otunga in.  He may kill himself.  If it's not a member of The Nexus, then I would guess Zack Ryder even though he would have no shot at winning.

We'll have the final build for The Hart Dynasty and The Usos.  I'm still holding out judgment on The Usos, but I really do not like The Hart Dynasty.  They have absolutely zero personality and are very boring in the ring.

And of course the Anonymous GM mystery will continue.  Last week they put out very strong teasers that it was Stone Cold Steve Austin.  I am 99% sure it is not Austin.  My guess is that we'll hear another wrestling icon's catch phrases tonight.  The Rock is a good guess.

Carol Brady is the guest host tonight.  Seriously, who thought this was a good idea?  I can't wait to hear Cole and Lawler gush over her like she's still a major star.

Last night was the TNA Victory Road PPV.  It would have been a thumbs down except for two excellent matches between MCMG/Beer Money and Angle/Pope.  Here's my quick review:

~Douglas Williams d Brian Kendrick via choke submission to retain the X Division Title.  The match was hurt by the gimmick and stupid idea of Douglas's fear of heights.
~Brother Ray d Brother Devon and Jesse Neal. The match was over booked with Devon being locked in a locker room.  I'm not looking forward to the Bubba and Devon feud.
~Angelina Love d Madison Rayne via DQ and was awarded the Women's Title.  The third straight over booked match with Tara returning as a masked motorcyclist.
~AJ Styles and Kazarian d Rob Terry and Samoa Joe.  When Terry wasn't involved, it was good.
~Hernandez d Matt Morgan in a steel cage match.  Yet another overbooked match.  Morgan could have won multiple times but didn't.
~Jay Lethal d Ric Flair with the Figure Four. Not the best match, but a very emotional ending.
~Motor City Machine Guns d Beer Money to win the vacant Tag Team Titles.  Great match.
~Kurt Angle d The Pope.  I don't know if this match or the previous match was better.
~Rob Van Dam d Abyss, Jeff Hardy, and Ken Anderson to retain the TNA Title.  Anderson seemed to be buried at the end as he was hit by everyone's finisher.  The match wasn't very good, and the crowd was dead after the last three matches.

Not a show that you really need to go out of your way to see.

The Money in the Bank PPV is this Sunday night.  It will be a very interesting show to see how it is booked, but I'll get into that later in the week after Raw and Smackdown play out.  Here's what we have for tonight:

The Nexus will be taking on John Cena in a 7 on 1 match.  I would assume it will be tag format because it wouldn't be much of a match if all 7 men were in the ring.  I don't even care if Cena wins or not.  That doesn't bother me that much anymore.  Cena's ridiculously bad promos now make me hate him 100x more than winning a match ever could.  I would think Sheamus is involved in some way with their cage match this Sunday.

Edge will be taking on Randy Orton tonight.  We've seen this match enough times.  I don't think they needed to throw them out there in a meaningless match tonight.  I feel safe to say we won't see a clean finish in this match.  If anyone from the MITB match gets involved, I would think it's Evan Bourne.

Speaking of the MITB match, with R-Truth being taken out of the match last week, there are now only 7 men in the match.  My guess is that the final spot goes to a member of The Nexus.  With Barrett already having a title shot (even though it was suspended last week), I don't think it will be him.  It makes most sense for Gabriel to be in this type of match.  I'm praying they don't put Otunga in.  He may kill himself.  If it's not a member of The Nexus, then I would guess Zack Ryder even though he would have no shot at winning.

We'll have the final build for The Hart Dynasty and The Usos.  I'm still holding out judgment on The Usos, but I really do not like The Hart Dynasty.  They have absolutely zero personality and are very boring in the ring.

And of course the Anonymous GM mystery will continue.  Last week they put out very strong teasers that it was Stone Cold Steve Austin.  I am 99% sure it is not Austin.  My guess is that we'll hear another wrestling icon's catch phrases tonight.  The Rock is a good guess.

Carol Brady is the guest host tonight.  Seriously, who thought this was a good idea?  I can't wait to hear Cole and Lawler gush over her like she's still a major star.

Zack Ryder, Yoshi Tatsu, Kozlov and Mark Henry are the top candidates to get the final spot for the MITB (im guessing Ryder wins, its time to start using him right)

Eric Bischoff publicly stated that he would not be at the Victory Road PPV, but some say that he stayed home as a way to "make a point to Dixie Carter" in regards to rumors that Paul Heyman is coming in. Some feel that Hogan also stayed home as a way to "distance himself from TNA if and when Heyman comes in.

It is believed that Hogan and Bischoff are contracted to TNA through the end of 2010.

According to a source, talks between Paul Heyman and TNA are still ongoing and that he could be coming in soon to oversee a complete makeover of the company roster and TNA's front office. As of this writing, nothing has been signed between Heyman and TNA, but the word is that the two sides are "closer to a deal than they are letting on."

Spoiler [+]
Mick Foley is scheduled to return at this week's TNA iMPACT! tapings as part of team ECW.

A report by Jason Powell of ProWrestling.Net has revealed that TNA roster members were 'fuming' mad at TNA President Dixie Carter last night during a Pre-PPV meeting.

She informed all talent that they must “tighten up

Zack Ryder, Yoshi Tatsu, Kozlov and Mark Henry are the top candidates to get the final spot for the MITB (im guessing Ryder wins, its time to start using him right)

Eric Bischoff publicly stated that he would not be at the Victory Road PPV, but some say that he stayed home as a way to "make a point to Dixie Carter" in regards to rumors that Paul Heyman is coming in. Some feel that Hogan also stayed home as a way to "distance himself from TNA if and when Heyman comes in.

It is believed that Hogan and Bischoff are contracted to TNA through the end of 2010.

According to a source, talks between Paul Heyman and TNA are still ongoing and that he could be coming in soon to oversee a complete makeover of the company roster and TNA's front office. As of this writing, nothing has been signed between Heyman and TNA, but the word is that the two sides are "closer to a deal than they are letting on."

Spoiler [+]
Mick Foley is scheduled to return at this week's TNA iMPACT! tapings as part of team ECW.

A report by Jason Powell of ProWrestling.Net has revealed that TNA roster members were 'fuming' mad at TNA President Dixie Carter last night during a Pre-PPV meeting.

She informed all talent that they must “tighten up

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

I don't know wth. happened to my original reply...but anyway.

How so? I didn't catch any of it nor keep up with TNA very much...

Except for some sick obsession with Daffney...I don't know what the hell is wrong with me.
roll.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

I don't know wth. happened to my original reply...but anyway.

How so? I didn't catch any of it nor keep up with TNA very much...

Except for some sick obsession with Daffney...I don't know what the hell is wrong with me.
roll.gif
frown.gif

lol they announce her as "Former WWE Divas Champion" Eve. Isn't every diva a former champion?

lol they announce her as "Former WWE Divas Champion" Eve. Isn't every diva a former champion?

Back
Top Bottom