6-1-11 Powerball $200,000,000

^^

sick.gif
stop playing

yeah I heard it was sold in Long Island. i would have been tight if it was sold in the city. meant i had a chance. word to Dumb and Dumber

yeah I heard it was sold in Long Island. i would have been tight if it was sold in the city. meant i had a chance. word to Dumb and Dumber

damn...should of bought the ticket in NY!!!! bought it in jerz thinking it would change my luck...SMH
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

damn...should of bought the ticket in NY!!!! bought it in jerz thinking it would change my luck...SMH
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

LINDENHURST, N.Y. — The New York State Lottery says someone who bought a lottery ticket on Long Island has won a $200 million Powerball jackpot.

The winning Quick-Pick ticket was sold at the Maulik & Chandni stationery store in Lindenhurst.

The identity of the winner has not yet been revealed.

The winning combination was 8, 18, 38, 46, 56 with the winning Powerball No. 31.

LINDENHURST, N.Y. — The New York State Lottery says someone who bought a lottery ticket on Long Island has won a $200 million Powerball jackpot.

The winning Quick-Pick ticket was sold at the Maulik & Chandni stationery store in Lindenhurst.

The winning combination was 8, 18, 38, 46, 56 with the winning Powerball No. 31.

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by icykicks79

smh the things i would do with 200 million dollars.

How much of that goes to taxes?
They probably end up with 40-50% of the 200 mil if you take it through 1 lump sum.. End up with more if you take it through 25 year payments..

You get taxed at the 35% federal level... And then there is a good amount taken out from the lottery that is divided up among the 50 states to pay for Lottery Administrative Costs..

20 Costco Workers won the $200 million dollar jackpot...   That's $10mil a piece before taxes.. Take out federal tax... Then take out administrative costs from the Lottery,  they will end up with $4-$6million each..

Enough to live comfortably for life.. But not enough as to where half of them will be broke within the decade..

They probably end up with 40-50% of the 200 mil if you take it through 1 lump sum.. End up with more if you take it through 25 year payments..

You get taxed at the 35% federal level... And then there is a good amount taken out from the lottery that is divided up among the 50 states to pay for Lottery Administrative Costs..

20 Costco Workers won the $200 million dollar jackpot...   That's $10mil a piece before taxes.. Take out federal tax... Then take out administrative costs from the Lottery,  they will end up with $4-$6million each..

Enough to live comfortably for life.. But not enough as to where half of them will be broke within the decade..

Originally Posted by Essential1

if you take the cash instead of payments you only get like 104 mil or something like that.  then you've gotta take the taxes outta that

if you take the cash instead of payments you only get like 104 mil or something like that.  then you've gotta take the taxes outta that

Originally Posted by bjamez20

We may as well both be wrong because states run the lottery in different ways.. In some states what you state happens may be correct... In some states what I stated was correct.

I was going based on what happened the last 2 HUGE lottery payouts in New York what the jackpot was and what each person ended up with....

Either way Moral of the story...  Payments gets you more money on the basis of how much you get totally after all the payments are given as compared to the initial lump sum.....  And either way taking interest off the money is still enough to live very comfortably............

Where lump sum would pay off is the interest accrued.. Letting the entire lump sum sit for a couple years and collect interest would be massive...  How much you can get from the lotto winning either from the lump sum or payment plan is how you can manage it

Ahh well we will never see that kind of money anyways

Originally Posted by bjamez20

We may as well both be wrong because states run the lottery in different ways.. In some states what you state happens may be correct... In some states what I stated was correct.

I was going based on what happened the last 2 HUGE lottery payouts in New York what the jackpot was and what each person ended up with....

Either way Moral of the story...  Payments gets you more money on the basis of how much you get totally after all the payments are given as compared to the initial lump sum.....  And either way taking interest off the money is still enough to live very comfortably............

Where lump sum would pay off is the interest accrued.. Letting the entire lump sum sit for a couple years and collect interest would be massive...  How much you can get from the lotto winning either from the lump sum or payment plan is how you can manage it

Ahh well we will never see that kind of money anyways

Back
Top Bottom