$500,000 dollar pokemon question....smh

Originally Posted by jsfeen304

someone should punch this guy honestly u know how many j's we could buy with that other 250k lol
I wouldn't waste that money on sneakers, pointless 
roll.gif

I got bills and a ae86 that I've got my heart set on

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by ebozek9

Originally Posted by LDJ

um not really if you late 20's or older you pretty much was older teens an adult when pokemon came out so why would a grown man be watching pokemon unless he has young siblings or kids. to be honest most ppl mid 20's or younger wouldnt know anything about pop culture pre 90's if it werent for the internet and constant copies and remakes.

Frodo is a very well known character and is not from the 90's at all.
how so pokemon came out in the late 90's so if you were late 20's 30 somethem you was no younger then maybe 16/17 y/o.. So why would a senior in highschool all of a sudden start watching pokemon? I know it cause im a parent. but if that wasnt the case i couldnt see myself like 20 something y/o saying oh its some new cartoon on tv with a boy who has mystical creatures in a ball. Yall make it seem like it was a question about looney toons, or scooby doo or better yet disney ah something

I take it you're not familiar with Lord of The Rings?

Just googled, and it appears to be that LoTR was 
[table][tr][th="row"]Published[/th][td]21st of July 1954 and October 1955[/td][/tr][/table]
So kids from the 80s on forward could have familiriazed with the trilogy. Eh, but then not everyone is into reading fiction and stuff, whatever it may be, it's still a bit shocking that he wasn't familiar with frodo. Pokemon is understandable, he probably only heard the name but never any of the characters. 

Originally Posted by damilkman619

*+!? I can't believe this. Just by hearing the name frodo he should've know.

Word. I dont know anything about Lord of The Rings, and I had no idea who Frodo is, but still
grin.gif

Originally Posted by jsfeen304

someone should punch this guy honestly u know how many j's we could buy with that other 250k lol

laugh.gif

Yea you must be new

Damn, if he had no idea at all, how can u blame him for not gambling 250K. 
indifferent.gif

It could easily have been a trick question throwing that one out of place name in there.. especially because it was the second to last round.

I dont see the big deal here at all, dude doesnt follow Lord of the rings or pokemon so what. It would be the same thing if a sports related question came up and someone didn't know it, whereas most of us would. I remember on Jeopardy that dude Ken Jennings had a whole column about
sports stadium names. The entire column when through and none of the contestants even knew one. I would of ripped the whole column, same with everybody in S&T. 

I've never seen a Lord of the Rings movie in my life, but how you not know Frodo?!

I also used to be obsessed with Pokemon so I knew the other 3 were pokemon.

Im 21 BTW

P.S. He even used the 50/50!

Originally Posted by Rocky437

I dont see the big deal here at all, dude doesnt follow Lord of the rings or pokemon so what. It would be the same thing if a sports related question came up and someone didn't know it, whereas most of us would. I remember on Jeopardy that dude Ken Jennings had a whole column about
sports stadium names. The entire column when through and none of the contestants even knew one. I would of ripped the whole column, same wing isth everybody in S&T. 
The thing is when u get on one of these shows the first thing the people are supposed to do is brush up on pop culture since they are already smart.....and he still knew nothing about lord of the rings which had been out forever and had a huge  reamergence with its movies, or pokemon at the height of its popularity

That was a once in lifetime chance...yolo
but he ain't the difference between pikachu and frodo

LOTR is one of the best/most popular movie trilogies in recent times and there's no damn way anyone can live there life NEVER hearing/knowing what Pikachu is.

I'm baffled at this 
laugh.gif

Real talk though, how far would some of you make it on this show? 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Wilroc

LOTR is one of the best/most popular movie trilogies in recent times and there's no damn way anyone can live there life NEVER hearing/knowing what Pikachu is.

I'm baffled at this 
laugh.gif

Real talk though, how far would some of you make it on this show? 
nerd.gif

yea it is... but i hate to say this but it also has to do with culture and race. For example you ask avg black/spanish dude from the pjs about star wars, star trek, lotr, etc i seriously doubt they would no much of anything about them. Kinda reminds me when they had a mtv made shoe i believe and there was some white kid who dreamed to make bball team and like 90% of the white girls had no clue who kobe bryant was. Most where like well i figured he was a bball player cause he is really tall etc... aka he rich black athletic tall. And I thought that was ridiculous.

Given he's an adult, I'd give him a pass on pokemon characters despite the fact that Jigglypuff is one of the more known ones. However, him not knowing Frodo is a LOTR character is what's really dumbfounding. Son wasted the 50/50 and still ended up walking away.

At least it wasn't a choice of 3 Digimon and Frodo. That would've been horrible and embarrassing
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Man, that's a silly question. So easy. Normally, none pop-culture questions are asked at that point of the game. 
Better than this girl:

who-wants-to-be-a-millionaire-fail.jpg

Back
Top Bottom