300: Rise of an Empire | OT | Official Trailer #2 PG7

Saw 300: Rise of an Empire tonight. The action sequences were mesmerizing. The blood was gratutious. The amount of bad assness was legendary. I was lovin it. My ONLY gripe was that there were no Spartans until the very end. When I think of 300 I think of Spartans so I was kind of disappointed in that regard. But as far as the movie goes, the positives far outweigh the negatives.

Artemesia was so ****** cold blooded. Even though she was the "villain". I found myself rooting for her so to speak. Themistocles definitely channels his inner Leonidus, so many great scenes. Especially him on the horse. So bad ***.

Well that's my lil review. Go see it.

'No Spartans'

Refer to my earlier post about this not being a true sequel....and me getting flamed...yea I'm petty...

That being said, catching it at midnight, missed the earlier showing, glad you said that, I'm still hyped.

Yea I definitely would not call it a sequel. A lot of it takes place at the same time the 300 are fighting at the Hot Gates.

Yeah, this movie was supposed to happen during the same time as the Battle of Thermopylae so people shouldn't expect to see much Spartans except for when the army joins up with the rest of Greece. They only kept 300 in the title to draw people in and it's in the same "franchise". Not sure what you would officially call it, just the second film made for the franchise. Will try to watch it next week.

Catching this tonight at 8:30 in IMAX 3D. It has gotten a lot of bad reviews on RT but I like the first one too much to be discouraged. I will post my thoughts later tonight.

:smokin

I have my IMAX 3D tickets on deck for Saturday morning. I've seen 3D movies but never IMAX 3D..

HYPED!! :nerd:

As far as Rotten Tomatoes goes, don't put too much thought into their rating. The top critics over-critique every aspect of every movie and this movie isn't made for people like that. This movie isn't a movie that is striving to be like the Gladiators or Bravehearts, it's a movie based on true events that is injected with lots of testosterone, and is just supposed to be a good time. Will watch tomorrow for sure.

she straight told ol boy " YOU FIGHT HARDER THAN YOU **** " :lol:

this movie was AWESOOOMMMMMMEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yo when he hopped on that horse and started riding on the boats i got hype as a mother ****** lol

when Leonidas's wife got on the boat Themistocles was on she just looked at him like "IM THE CAPTAIN NOW" lol

Eva Green was lookin right :smokin she had that ferocious sexuality to her

lena heady was :smokin

bewbs!!

i needed this. i needed a good rated R movie cuz all them pg13s was gettin kinda boring and safe. i was missing a good blood fest on screen

well worth the 300 title in my opinion

ol boy looked mad ashamed after he ****** that girl :lol:

the bloodshed/the carnage/ just awesome. had me yellin in the theater at some scenes

that lil girls face when she was crying :frown:

this movie was chopped and screwed lol

nitpick time:
when the movie starts its ALOT of voice over exposition. you tryin to enjoy eye candy and carnage while being bombarded by mad
talk

the ending. wont spoil. i enjoyed the entire film so id put this as a nitpick instead of a major issue (see: The Hobbit)

Last edited:
she straight told ol boy " YOU FIGHT HARDER THAN YOU **** " :lol:

this movie was AWESOOOMMMMMMEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yo when he hopped on that horse and started riding on the boats i got hype as a mother ****** lol

when Leonidas's wife got on the boat Themistocles was on she just looked at him like "IM THE CAPTAIN NOW" lol

Eva Green was lookin right :smokin she had that ferocious sexuality to her

lena heady was :smokin

bewbs!!

i needed this. i needed a good rated R movie cuz all them pg13s was gettin kinda boring and safe. i was missing a good blood fest on screen

well worth the 300 title in my opinion

ol boy looked mad ashamed after he ****** that girl :lol:

the bloodshed/the carnage/ just awesome. had me yellin in the theater at some scenes

that lil girls face when she was crying :frown:

this movie was chopped and screwed lol

nitpick time:
when the movie starts its ALOT of voice over exposition. you tryin to enjoy eye candy and carnage while being bombarded by mad
talk

the ending. wont spoil. i enjoyed the entire film so id put this as a nitpick instead of a major issue (see: The Hobbit)
Y'all got me hyped
Probably wait till netflix though :lol:

Especially him on the horse. So bad ***.

all that talk about that horse boppin on the water from the trailer. its almost like they did that on purpose so when u finally see that scene you'd be like "yoooooooo that the horse from the trailer " lol

cant wait for this on blu ray. id def see this again in the theaters.

imax would probably make my head explode.

Is a woman really the lead character? If so ill wait till it pops up on the bay. 300 supposed to be a MANS movie

Cant wait for tomorrow..

Did you watch in 2D or 3D?
2d.

Is it better than the OG. just for nostalgia purposes i wont put it over the OG but this one is more epic. there is more to this movie than the last.

i wont put it OVER the OG, its more like they are holding hands.

Leonidas > Themistocles but Themmy aint bad tho, i was def rootin for dude

Ol' Themmy is from Athens ,so he's more intellectual, but no less of a warrior. he is really smart with his military strategy. as to compare Leonidas was more of a tough guy's tough guy.

what shocked me the most was that almost all of the OG supporting characters from the OG that didnt die are back to make a cameo.....

the black guy that got kicked down the well

daxos the arcadian

lena of course

the hunchback (play by a diffrent character i think tho)

delios the one eyed spartan story teller

all came back

to those still concerned about the timeline, if i recall correctly its....

1. right after the battle of the first movie (xerxes standing over leonidas) (gorgo tellin the story)

2. 10 years before the first movie

3. during the batttle of the first movie (the naval battle)

4. right after the battle of the first movie (after number 1 on this list)

I liked it. It was different from the first, different director and you could tell. There was a more complex storyline than the first. It's def not as Testatorone drivin as the first. At points you could tell the director was imitating Snyder, at other points you can see where he went a completely different direction.

Eva Green is bad
Son ride a horse on boats...so so dope
This is a uniquely American film.
Themistocles is no Leonidias, but no slouch either...I mean Leonadias > Achilies > Maximus > Themistocles , depending on setting.

Overall, pretty pretty pretty good, just don't go in expecting another 300(titles a bit deceiving) its it's own movie, good enough on its own merits.

Last edited:
Movie was definitely on par with the original 300. Like others have said, there's more of a storyline, like how Xerxes became King, how the hatred between the Persians and Greeks originated, etc. I definitely recommend the imax 3D experience. It's like the blood is about to splash you in the face.

saw the movie yesterday 

first of all i didnt understand why the movie was called 300 the rise of an empire , i wont spoil anything , you that will see it will realise it .

secondly the movie is one of these many movies that sequel is worse than the first movie . i can say i got bored many times and even fall asleep if it wasnt artemisias boobs .

all in all its a very mediocre movie , i dont suggest you to not see it , but dont expect to see and experience what u did in the first movie .

and this is coming from a greek 

saw the movie yesterday 

first of all i didnt understand why the movie was called 300 the rise of an empire , i wont spoil anything , you that will see it will realise it .

secondly the movie is one of these many movies that sequel is worse than the first movie . i can say i got bored many times and even fall asleep if it wasnt artemisias boobs .

all in all its a very mediocre movie , i dont suggest you to not see it , but dont expect to see and experience what u did in the first movie .

and this is coming from a greek 

What does you being greek have anything to do with it?

:lol:

You fell asleep during the movie? Yeah ok bud :lol:..

Back
Top Bottom