3:10 to Yuma (Another late movie review by 23ska) vol. A disc... that plays songs? Sweet!

i've been wanting to see this, ima check it out this weekend. i might go see apaloosa this weekend too. gotta convince the wife. she hates westerns and istay watching that western movie channel on cable
pimp.gif

btw tombstone is my alltime fav. so many quotes in that joint " Go ahead. Skin it. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens "
tombstone.jpg

gets me hype everytime
laugh.gif

onewearz:
i've been wanting to see this, ima check it out this weekend. i might go see apaloosa this weekend too. gotta convince the wife. she hates westerns and i stay watching that western movie channel on cable
pimp.gif

btw tombstone is my alltime fav. so many quotes in that joint " Go ahead. Skin it. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens "
tombstone.jpg

gets me hype everytime
laugh.gif

- You're so drunk, I bet you're seeing double.
- I've got two guns, one for each of you.

roll.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Ben Foster doesn't get the recognition he deserves for his acting.

he's come a long way from his "Flash Forward" Disney Channel days.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

oh..another western..
Assassination of Jesse James...

supposedly was great according to the reviews....personally it was just ok.

I thought Assassination was excellent. Strong acting jobs by everybody in that. Brad Pitt, Casey Affleck and Sam Rockwell all upped their"game" I think. Especially Casey Affleck. The emotions this cat goes through.
eek.gif
. from idolizing him to "running" with him torealizing that his "idol" isn't what he thought to despising him and finally coming to grips with what he thinks he has to do.
When I was watching the movie, the cinematography and even more so, the music, stood out to me. Come to find out it was Oscar nominated for cinematography andwon several awards for the score.
go back and listen to the score. fits the scenes and moods perfectly. haunting and eery...
my western movie top 3:
Tombstone
Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
3:10 to Yuma

-J-

I like it, a thread of Western movies...

1. 3:10 to Yuma was a great movie. Was bored one night and decided to rent it and ended up buying it the next day.

2. Tombstone was so much better then Wyatt Earp with Kevin Costner. Val Kilmer as Doc Holiday in Tombstone is G.O.A.T status as far as acting goes in a Westernin my opinion.
kilmer.jpg

"I'll be your Huckleberry."

3. But to me this is the G.O.A.T. of Western movies....
dances_with_wolves.jpg

4. Enjoyed the Assassination of Jesse James. It was just so crazy/moody/ just everything about it was just thought provoking. At times it was a bit hard tofollow but overall I really liked it.

^ Dances With Wolves is definitely nice, but everytime I watch it, I can't help but think 'Y'all really should have made this a trilogy orsomething.'

laugh.gif

So from this thread, I'm seeing:
- Unforgiven
- Assassination of Jesse James
- original 3:10 to Yuma
- Apalooza

Thanks.
happy.gif
I've actually never heard of Assassination, but you guys make it sound like it's decent, so I'm in, mainly because it's based onfact. And I'll probably see Apalooza in a year or so, when it's on DVD and I've caught up with everything else.

We just never, ever go out to the theaters anymore. No time before having a kid, then having a kid just shot the theaters all to pieces.
laugh.gif

And I've already seen:
- Tombstone
- Dances With Wolves
- Wyatt Earp (never really liked it)

How about a comedy Western? I only know of one, but I love it.

- Maverick

roll.gif

ska youre not the only NTer that hella late with movies...i still havent seen a good amount of movies that are mentioned alot on NT, for example shawshankredemption
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by JBug88

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Very good movie... great Westerns are always appreciated.

Ska, check out Apalooza... just just came out in theatres. Not as good as 3:10, but still a great flick if you are into this type of movie. Similiar plot, too.

Great Westerns are definetly appreciated.
I was so hyped for Apaloosa and then bam, I see Renee Zellwegger is in it. Ruined it for me.
laugh.gif

3:10 to Yuma was a great movie. story of a dad doing what he thinks he has to do for his family.
I recommended it to my dad. He watched the first 20 minutes, fell asleep and then woke up for the last 20 minutes.
laugh.gif

no reflection on the movie. he does that with almost every movie he watches...

-J-
I didnt even read the rest of this thread after that.

I have never agreed with someone on NT more than my dude bug on this.

i loved this movie. Makes me want to diveinto the Western genre.

One of my favorite parts is when Crowe reveals to Bale that he's already been to Yuma 3 different times and escaped all 3 times.
laugh.gif

oh, and the random luke wilson cameo was pretty funny.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

More reason to hate the Bay area.

laugh.gif
unnecessary. Tombstone was an awesome western. 3:10 to Yuma? The original was waaaay better than this garbage remake.

I was only kidding.

I don't really hate the Bay area.

Most of the time.

laugh.gif

Not that your opinion is supposed to be based on everyone else's, but I'm curious why it got sch high praise, but you think its garbage. Why do youhate it? I mean, not just thinking it's 'average', but 'garbage'? Why's that?

I have this movie, On blu-ray none the less, and could never get into it.. should I give it another chance? Sounds from your review like it was pretty good

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

oh..another western..
Assassination of Jesse James...

supposedly was great according to the reviews....personally it was just ok.

outside of casey affleck's performance i thought the movie was boring...the story progressed way to slow and all the narration damn near put me to sleep

Damn, I hate that I haven't seen this yet. Two of my current favorite actors. I'll def catch this next week.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

I was only kidding.

I don't really hate the Bay area.

Most of the time.

laugh.gif

Not that your opinion is supposed to be based on everyone else's, but I'm curious why it got sch high praise, but you think its garbage. Why do you hate it? I mean, not just thinking it's 'average', but 'garbage'? Why's that?

There was a lot of hype around this movie when it came out. With Bale and Crowe, that was to big expected, but I felt the movie was a huge letdown.

I won't go into too much detail for the people who haven't seen it.

But adding to the fact that they changed the ending from the original made me upset. I liked the original's better, but it's all good.

At least we can agree on the awesomeness of tombstone. I wish i had that on DVD.

Back
Top Bottom