2k3-4 Lakers

I thought LAL would sweep DET after brown explicitly said before the series, "We aint doubling shaq." Unfortunately for LAL, the big fella inexplicably didn't get the ball enough

I DEFINITELY had them winning it all that year
30t6p3b.gif

It was looked at as an act of desperation on karl and garys part if anything. it wasn't received anything like miamis situation. Totally different.

I, too, just KNEW that the lakers had it in the bag
30t6p3b.gif
I despised detroit and everything about them and I was disgusted/ heartbroken when they won.

It was looked at as an act of desperation on karl and garys part if anything. it wasn't received anything like miamis situation. Totally different.

30t6p3b.gif
I despised detroit and everything about them and I was disgusted/ heartbroken when they won.

30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by PMatic

scott_williams_headshot_110.JPG

The Lakers were 18-5 until Scott Williams ran into Karl Malone's knee in December, which he later re-injured in the playoffs.
mad.gif

30t6p3b.gif
If only...No doubt the Pistons deserved the wins though, much respect to that squad.

Originally Posted by PMatic

scott_williams_headshot_110.JPG

The Lakers were 18-5 until Scott Williams ran into Karl Malone's knee in December, which he later re-injured in the playoffs.
mad.gif

30t6p3b.gif
If only...No doubt the Pistons deserved the wins though, much respect to that squad.

The team looked good on paper, but it was far from it. The team had issues all season long and Gary wanted to have more touches. The team had an issue when it came down to taking the team picture.
laugh.gif
That's just to show you how this team was. Too much ego on the team. 

The team looked good on paper, but it was far from it. The team had issues all season long and Gary wanted to have more touches. The team had an issue when it came down to taking the team picture.
laugh.gif
That's just to show you how this team was. Too much ego on the team. 

Malone and Ho Grant were both injured in the finals, we were down to Slava guarding Sheed, which was bad and then Kobe and Shaq were in full battle mode over the team. I was stunned at how bad they played in that series. I figured for just the one series they would set it all aside to get that ring. After we got game 2 I thought for sure that would push us to the title. All bad.
30t6p3b.gif

Malone and Ho Grant were both injured in the finals, we were down to Slava guarding Sheed, which was bad and then Kobe and Shaq were in full battle mode over the team. I was stunned at how bad they played in that series. I figured for just the one series they would set it all aside to get that ring. After we got game 2 I thought for sure that would push us to the title. All bad.
30t6p3b.gif

In 2004, I was only on the Nike/Jordan forums.

But from what I remember, I think it was more like when the Celtics got the big 3.
Lakers fanbase grew, people thought they would beat the 72 win record, and there was some hate but not to the extent of the Heat.
Although, I do remember Karl Malone being treated sort of like Lebron when he came back to Utah.
Not that much hate, but people were booing him and bashing him. In one game I think he wrote something on a whiteboard in retaliation, but I forget.

The Lakers had 4 Hall of Famers, the only other time this happened was when the Celtics had 4 Hall of Famers in the late 80's I think.

The Pistons straight up @+*#@@ the Lakers up.
Even though they won 1 game, they basically got swept.
And it's funny because the Lakers were so confident. When they beat the Timberwolves in the WCF, they walked off the court without even celebrating
laugh.gif

Kobe's shoes were sick though.
Gold Laser Huarache 2k4 in the Finals.
pimp.gif

But from what I remember, I think it was more like when the Celtics got the big 3.
Lakers fanbase grew, people thought they would beat the 72 win record, and there was some hate but not to the extent of the Heat.
Although, I do remember Karl Malone being treated sort of like Lebron when he came back to Utah.
Not that much hate, but people were booing him and bashing him. In one game I think he wrote something on a whiteboard in retaliation, but I forget.

The Lakers had 4 Hall of Famers, the only other time this happened was when the Celtics had 4 Hall of Famers in the late 80's I think.

And it's funny because the Lakers were so confident. When they beat the Timberwolves in the WCF, they walked off the court without even celebrating
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Contrary to what CP said, after the Lakers won game 2, I knew they weren't winning another game.

Luke Walton saved them in game 2. Shaq checked out after game 3. Kobe checked out after game 4. They had no chance in game 5.

5 game sweep or as PMatic coined, "a gentlemen's sweep".
pimp.gif

Contrary to what CP said, after the Lakers won game 2, I knew they weren't winning another game.

Luke Walton saved them in game 2. Shaq checked out after game 3. Kobe checked out after game 4. They had no chance in game 5.

5 game sweep or as PMatic coined, "a gentlemen's sweep".
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by heavenlee777

laugh.gif

pimp.gif
the refs gave the lakers that series with a bunch  of horrible calls against the twolves

twolves should have gone to the finals as they were the better team

Originally Posted by heavenlee777

laugh.gif

pimp.gif
the refs gave the lakers that series with a bunch  of horrible calls against the twolves

twolves should have gone to the finals as they were the better team

That was the season when people were saying that Phil Jackson could be the fifth member of the starting 5 and they would still win the championship.

Your invalid excuses would work a lot better if the Pistons won the four games in the finals by like a point each and didn't totally demolish the Lakers.

It's not too hard to see how Shaq left. Look at this box score:

http://www.basketball-ref...scores/200406130DET.html

The Lakers could've tied the series had the ball been distributed correctly.

That was the season when people were saying that Phil Jackson could be the fifth member of the starting 5 and they would still win the championship.

Your invalid excuses would work a lot better if the Pistons won the four games in the finals by like a point each and didn't totally demolish the Lakers.

It's not too hard to see how Shaq left. Look at this box score:

http://www.basketball-ref...scores/200406130DET.html

The Lakers could've tied the series had the ball been distributed correctly.

I remember hearing that year that phil jackson reached out to MJ to see if he want to play with the lakers to take some of the pressure off of kobe during his court cases....
Also remember NBA making a big deal out of Kobe sitting in court all day flying to the arena just before the game and make the game winning shot
laugh.gif

I remember it being imposible to beat team on NBA Live on the hardest leve
after the season was over phil jackson made a book about it might have to read it

I remember hearing that year that phil jackson reached out to MJ to see if he want to play with the lakers to take some of the pressure off of kobe during his court cases....
Also remember NBA making a big deal out of Kobe sitting in court all day flying to the arena just before the game and make the game winning shot
laugh.gif

I remember it being imposible to beat team on NBA Live on the hardest leve
after the season was over phil jackson made a book about it might have to read it

Back
Top Bottom