24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

anyone recommend a traveling CC. i dont want one tied to a specific airline
would chase sapphire be the one to go ?

Yep. Can transfer points to other airlines (such as United, Southwest, etc.) or you can just book travel directly through the Chase Sapphire Portal, which gives you more bang for your buck as far as points go. Sapphire Reserve card is 1.5x bonus, so if you have 100,000 points - you actually have 150,000 points to use in their portal. For example, I am going to Maui next week and bought 2 flights that were $736 each, for 100k points. 736 x 2 should've been around 150k points, but with the portal it was closer to 100k.

Yep. Can transfer points to other airlines (such as United, Southwest, etc.) or you can just book travel directly through the Chase Sapphire Portal, which gives you more bang for your buck as far as points go. Sapphire Reserve card is 1.5x bonus, so if you have 100,000 points - you actually have 150,000 points to use in their portal. For example, I am going to Maui next week and bought 2 flights that were $736 each, for 100k points. 736 x 2 should've been around 150k points, but with the portal it was closer to 100k.
so to claim the points the flights have to be purchased through the sapphire portal ?

so to claim the points the flights have to be purchased through the sapphire portal ?

No, just using the portal gets you the "bonus" points.

You can transfer your Chase UR points 1:1 to other airlines and hotels (send 100k Chase UR points to United, now you have 100k United points to book with on United.com). Or you can just cash out at 100 points = $1. So if you have 100k points, you can cash out for $1,000. But you get more "bang for your buck" by transferring the points to other airlines or by using the Chase Portal.

No, just using the portal gets you the "bonus" points.

You can transfer your Chase UR points 1:1 to other airlines and hotels (send 100k Chase UR points to United, now you have 100k United points to book with on United.com). Or you can just cash out at 100 points = $1. So if you have 100k points, you can cash out for $1,000. But you get more "bang for your buck" by transferring the points to other airlines or by using the Chase Portal.
ahhhh gotchaaa let me see if i qualify im convinced wish me luck guys

got approval within seconds for preferred since i already havechecking/savings with them. flight coming soon :nthat:

you should read up on reddit.com/r/churning

You can "double dip" the CSP and CSR I think, where you get both cards within a 24 hour window. If you don't do it that way, I think you can only apply for one of the 2 cards.

That said, make sure you can spend enough to qualify for the sign-up bonus (I think CSR is $4k spend in 3 months, for 50k points).

Yeah CSR is 4K/ 3 for 50k

Used to be 100k, of which I signed myself and my wife up for it. Since then, I've gotten a few Chase Business cards to add more points (100k for Chase Ink Preferred, and 50k for Chase Ink Unlimited). In addition to my regular Chase Freedom card. I use my CSR for almost everything though.

Yeah my girl got it when it was 100K and is sitting on over 700k in points she said.

Was contemplating the double dip move but idk if it’s worth it.

Chase unfortunately only allows one Sapphire product per customer, even if you apply within a 24 hour window. Double dipping days are gone. It was good while it lasted.

I'm thinking about getting the Delta Sky Mile card to pay for a trip then transfer the balance to a different card. Looking at the current promotion with bonus miles added after the first 3 months.

Can any one chime in on the tier card they have and the benefits on keeping the card.

anyone recommend a traveling CC. i dont want one tied to a specific airline
would chase sapphire be the one to go ?

I use the amex platinum. Works really good for the uber/centurion lounge/priority lounges and airline credit.

That said, I heard the reserve is great too but I don't have one. I have the sapphire preferred as well and use it when places don't accept Amex.

I use the amex platinum. Works really good for the uber/centurion lounge/priority lounges and airline credit.

That said, I heard the reserve is great too but I don't have one. I have the sapphire preferred as well and use it when places don't accept Amex.

Was between these two - have a personal work AmEx but went Reserve because of the dining points.

This ain't really a credit question, but I'm doing taxes for my mom via Turbo Tax. She got two W-2's, when I put just one of them she gets back a significant amount. When I add the other one it decreases a whole lot. Will we get in trouble if I don't put the other W-2?

This ain't really a credit question, but I'm doing taxes for my mom via Turbo Tax. She got two W-2's, when I put just one of them she gets back a significant amount. When I add the other one it decreases a whole lot. Will we get in trouble if I don't put the other W-2?

Yeah enter them both. As long as she getting something back she's wining. Looks like at one job she didnt contribute enough compared to the amount she made.

Either way not reporting wages is fraud. Also, those wages are already reported in the governments tax system. Either she pays it right now, or they'll come get it later either way.

include the w2 the IRS can audit a person for life when it involves tax evasion

people gotta understand tax season is not about how much u can get back its about not having to owe back to uncle sam

Report both dawg you don’t wanna have the IRS after you over a few dollars

you have to put them W2's man. Employers send the tax information the IRS and if it doens't correlate with what you entered then they will send a notice to recoup the money your mom received this year. Might be a couple years away but you don't want your mom getting a letter in the mail from the tax boys.

I did this when I worked at Nike yearsssss ago, it was little money as I quit. But I still had to give back like $200:rolleyes

Back
Top Bottom