24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

I'm sure this has been answered a million times, but how often can I request for a credit limit raise on my discover without it having negative impact on my score

^thanks

anyone have experience putting a down payment on a credit card?

googled and gotten mixed reviews if dealers allowed doing so

Some dealerships will do it/some won't. Some will limit the amount they allow you to put on a credit card. Some will pass on the credit card processing fees to you. Had a client wanting to put a $800k Lamborghini on his AMEX and the dealership would have done it but wanted to split the 3% (i believe) credit card fees with him. Like $26k or something like that.

clip.small.gif

does anyone have any experience in dealing with chexsystems/early warning system . was given some bad checks tht bounced back in 2012 and bank of America closed my account for "suspected fraudulent activity" haven't been able to open up a bank account since . I have no problem paying them the money back but I need to ensure tht both chexsystems and EWS delete me from there systems so I can open an account .
Did you pay the balance of those checks?

Banks are far more likely to forgive repayment, as opposed to fraud. You might be out of luck.

30% cash back on Ubers with discover card until December 31 up to $60. This is MAJOR if you're still under the double cash back promotion

30% cash back on Ubers with discover card until December 31 up to $60. This is MAJOR if you're still under the double cash back promotion
Used $40 one way and $100 another way just on saturday with my discover but with lyft :smh:

View media item 2253799

You my boy blue!! @yvespo3

81 point jump in the last 3 weeks. I just wanna cry.

Paid off one $50 collection debt and paid $1500 on a $1683 balance from a loan that was originally 5k. Gonna pay off the remaining $183 this week and maybe call my credit card companies too increase my limits.

My CSR travel credit restarted for 2017 already lol 

I used the full $300 credit in September for a trip to Vegas. I just got reimbursed for $15 for parking last weekend. Chase portal shows $285 left 

My CSR travel credit restarted for 2017 already lol 

I used the full $300 credit in September for a trip to Vegas. I just got reimbursed for $15 for parking last weekend. Chase portal shows $285 left 

Yep, if your next statement ends in January, then your travel credit will restart.

Two inquiries dropping off on New Year's Day. Gonna pay my collection when my school refund hits. Trying to hit the 700 club early 2017. Sitting at 640 now. :smokin

yea was wondering the same thing^ ..... just checked mine a few minutes ago and was wondering the same thing

Anyone have experience with PayPal Credit?  Is it worth taking a look at to boost my credit score?

Anyone have experience with PayPal Credit?  Is it worth taking a look at to boost my credit score?

I applied for it one time i didnt qualify but they gave me paypal smart connect instead which is trash. Id go with discover it

Last edited:
Just get a regular card

Really wouldn't mess with anything PayPal related, don't see how it offers anything better over any other card

Back
Top Bottom