24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

Quick question.
I have two collections totaling 1000. If I do a pay to remove/delete will my score rise? The collection is about 2 years old .I've been on different forums and I keep getting different info. I recently paid off all of cards and am sitting at 670 is. Trying to get to 700 by the end of next year.

How long you guys think chase will offer the 100k bonus?

I was planning to sign up for it soon but think I am going to hold off until after the holidays now

Hey, I was wrong about this. If you don't have a December statement then it's too late to get the $300 for 2016. So any travel expenses you make will be for the 2017 credit.
EDIT: Nevermind :lol: You're good. Either way you'll get the 2x $300 credit.
Yea called and they told me to just use it when I received my card. Booking a cruise next week :pimp:

Quick question.
I have two collections totaling 1000. If I do a pay to remove/delete will my score rise? The collection is about 2 years old .I've been on different forums and I keep getting different info. I recently paid off all of cards and am sitting at 670 is. Trying to get to 700 by the end of next year.

Your score will go up significantly if you get the collections removed from your report via pay for delete. Whoever was saying otherwise was giving you incorrect information. I'm guessing you'll be around 730-50 if you get them both removed as long as your utilization stays low

How long you guys think chase will offer the 100k bonus?

I was planning to sign up for it soon but think I am going to hold off until after the holidays now
Should be there for awhile, chase sapphire preferred still has their bonus

Repped! Thanks man

Your score will go up significantly if you get the collections removed from your report via pay for delete. Whoever was saying otherwise was giving you incorrect information. I'm guessing you'll be around 730-50 if you get them both removed as long as your utilization stays low

My final question for this thread (i know ive asked alot of questions).

Lets say i have a derogatory account from visa from 4 years ago. Visa closed the account and sold it to collections.

I paid for delete with the collections recently.

I havent given it time, they say 30 days to see the impact on my credit score.

But

Will the original closed account from visa be removed or just the collections? Its showing up right now as 2 derogatory marks. Did i make a mistake of going through with the collectors rather than the original source.

Is it possible to contact visa and have it removed or will i have to have to pay for delete with them as well?

Can i dispute with visa as "i am no longer responsible" claim and attach the documents of paid status with collections?

To those who helped me out, i am very appreciative.

After these 2 (possibly 3) derogatory marks fall off ill have 700+ score. A long way from from the lower 5's.

Ive learned my lesson. Never again.

Is there any way to remove a closed account from 6 years ago? Its stupid it was a macys card with a $160 total. Its closed now, but it still shows up with 30 reported missed payments. I know 7 years to fall off, but do you think its possible to contact them for a pay for delete? Should i try to dispute it first?

:rofl: :rofl:

Back in July i started working on my credit. At the time it was 535, i paid all the open collection thru pay for delete but one and got a credit card that i kept at low utilization. today my credit score is 645, would getting another credit card help?

Back in July i started working on my credit. At the time it was 535, i paid all the open collection thru pay for delete but one and got a credit card that i kept at low utilization. today my credit score is 645, would getting another credit card help?
Do you have one card? More accounts you have open the better in general, but they like to see a mix of accounts (mortgage, student loans, car loan, personal loan, etc.). If you have a couple cards already, you can apply for credit limit increases on them ---> more credit available and  lowers your credit utilization %.

Also getting another card will change the overage average age of your credit accounts. Which might lower slightly, but with good payments it will help alot more in the future. Also as above look into cli as that will help more.

Bros I need help raising my score , I have no debt , no negative credit balances , I have 2 accounts with late payments that have been caught up and paid off for the last 3 months . My score is stuck in the low 6's what is the fastest way I can raise my score ?

"Decisions are typically made within 2 business days. There's nothing else you need to do at this time." :nerd:. got bored and requested :lol:

Bros I need help raising my score , I have no debt , no negative credit balances , I have 2 accounts with late payments that have been caught up and paid off for the last 3 months . My score is stuck in the low 6's what is the fastest way I can raise my score ?

The late payments are hurting your score. I don't believe you can dispute them to have them removed.

What are your goals ? Trying to buy a house?

The late payments are hurting your score. I don't believe you can dispute them to have them removed.

What are your goals ? Trying to buy a house?
yeah want to get a house by april . sad part is everything was good around march - june but i goofed and missed a few payments . the sad part is i make enough to afford the place ,  i bring in 8500 a month after taxes and have no debt ,but my credit score is holding me back 

yeah want to get a house by april . sad part is everything was good around march - june but i goofed and missed a few payments . the sad part is i make enough to afford the place ,  i bring in 8500 a month after taxes and have no debt ,but my credit score is holding me back 

All your payments should be on autopay , you make more than enough.

I really don't think there is anything that you can do to make a big increase by April. Biggest increase would come from the late payments being removed.

An unsecured loan would help some, but you don't want any new inquiries if you about to buy a house.

All your payments should be on autopay , you make more than enough.

I really don't think there is anything that you can do to make a big increase by April. Biggest increase would come from the late payments being removed.

An unsecured loan would help some, but you don't want any new inquiries if you about to buy a house.
ok thanks for the info

Others may be able to chime in. Have you looked into first time home buyer programs? Minimum scores between 640-660
FHA can go below that, it's not going to be advertised, and I would still try and get that score up. 

As anyone will tell you, unfortunately time is your biggest asset.

That sucks man but pretty much what @BeezyGotSole  said tho. 

I know it doesnt change anything now but how did you miss a few payment if your bring in 8K a month with no debt. 

Ive forgot to pay something by a few days once or twice but never a full cycle or two. 

That sucks man but pretty much what @BeezyGotSole
 said tho. 

I know it doesnt change anything now but how did you miss a few payment if your bring in 8K a month with no debt. 

Ive forgot to pay something by a few days once or twice but never a full cycle or two. 

I never had by account set up for autopay and I got locked out my account and played around and messed the payment . Smh

Back
Top Bottom