24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

How do I get down with the Navy Fed Gang? I'm trynna add that patch to my sleeve. I got BoA, Discover, Cap One. I'm trynna get down with the Navy Fef set

I'll get yal on to navy next time they run a referral bonus I just signed up 4 people.

Just PM if your interested, when referral time comes around I will hit you up.

Cash Rewards and the Flagship Rewards are the high limit Navy cards .

Last edited:
I'll take a flyer on Referral :pimp:

PM it will probably be another 6 months before they run a bonus again , so I'm not gonna remember who wants in.
I get $50 , you get $50 for signing up.

Possibility that they drop it back down to $25 thats what the bonus usually is. This was the first time I've seen $50.

View media item 2194310
Its been a while since I've checked my credit score, I checked today and I was happy to see 800 for one of my credit scores for the first time. I never thought I would see the day. My credit scores would fluctuate between 700 and as high as 780, but never 800. I have a total of 24 credit cards btw.

I recently opened the Capital one venture card, my first annual fee based credit card. I knew I had a big purchase coming up so this card is providing the best reward. Unfortunately, I cannot open any Chase credit cards, due to opening too many within the last couple of years.

So, I need some advising on how to fix my credit.  I currently make pretty good money, but I have some issues on my credit report from 5/6 years ago, when I didn't make good money.

From all three reports, it seems the majority of my late items are going to come off in 2017. There is an "estimated removal date" posted on transunion. So it seems the common sense thing to do would be to allow these items to expire.

However, in the meantime, I presume it would also be smart to start rebuilding some positive credit. I currently belong to a credit union(navy fed), and i'm curious if I should apply for credit cards through them, or other secured cards, as I've researched on the web such as the Discover "it" card, Capital one secured etc. My current score is 586-600.

Any and all insights are welcome.

Discover has the best secured out because of their points rewards and Cashback match after a year. Also has a high chance of graduating to a regular card after a year and they mail you back the deposit. Capitol one has the next best secured. I would get both of those and ask your credit union idle they do secured loans.

View media item 2194310
Its been a while since I've checked my credit score, I checked today and I was happy to see 800 for one of my credit scores for the first time. I never thought I would see the day. My credit scores would fluctuate between 700 and as high as 780, but never 800. I have a total of 24 credit cards btw.

I recently opened the Capital one venture card, my first annual fee based credit card. I knew I had a big purchase coming up so this card is providing the best reward. Unfortunately, I cannot open any Chase credit cards, due to opening too many within the last couple of years.

Is there a reason why you have 24 credit cards lol

If anyone is interested in getting a free credit report from Experian that gets updated every 30 days, they now offer that on the official Experian site. I use this to monitor my report just like I do with credit karma which covers tranusion and equifax. This way....you can monitor  all 3 credit reports from all 3 agencies for free. Just wanted to give y'all a heads up if you guys like staying on top of all your stuff. 

Is there a con to applying for a credit card for the bonus cash back and then sparingly use it after? Or is it better to just leave it alone

If anyone is interested in getting a free credit report from Experian that gets updated every 30 days, they now offer that on the official Experian site. I use this to monitor my report just like I do with credit karma which covers tranusion and equifax. This way....you can monitor  all 3 credit reports from all 3 agencies for free. Just wanted to give y'all a heads up if you guys like staying on top of all your stuff. 
Is this a FAKO too ? I would assume it is .

@LiLcHiCo4LiFe check your PM.

Back
Top Bottom