I hope you guys get Lebron man. Would just be great, and then maybe the Bulls will push for Melo instead
pimp.gif

I think there was a natural backlash that was bound to happen. LeBron was the golden boy after that 25 straight in Auburn Hills. And it grew into the next season and the next until it peaked in 09 when he got the MVP. Then his team got punched in the mouth by Dwight Howard. Then Delonte/Old %@% Celtics. Then Free Agency 2010. His image had to go down, because you only get one Cinderfella story and he managed to stretch it out 3 years.

I think Chicago and NY won't hate him as much as you think, because they lived through Paxson and we lived through Isaiah. And two years ago, they won the lotto. We had a nice 2-year pipe dream, and they randomly woke up after the 2nd round hearing kang was on his way. We'll blame ESPN.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

I think there was a natural backlash that was bound to happen. LeBron was the golden boy after that 25 straight in Auburn Hills. And it grew into the next season and the next until it peaked in 09 when he got the MVP. Then his team got punched in the mouth by Dwight Howard. Then Delonte/Old %#$ Celtics. Then Free Agency 2010. His image had to go down, because you only get one Cinderfella story and he managed to stretch it out 3 years.

I think Chicago and NY won't hate him as much as you think, because they lived through Paxson and we lived through Isaiah. And two years ago, they won the lotto. We had a nice 2-year pipe dream, and they randomly woke up after the 2nd round hearing kang was on his way. We'll blame ESPN.

BINGO!

In my scenario:

LeBron will shrewdly play all this off as the media blowing up the situation, which they undoubtedly did. It's a win-win IMO. He gains a bunch from the media hype but then can use their stupid missteps and incredulous speculation as reasons why him leaving seemed more likely than it ever actually was. LeBron will say that he had to weigh his options, like any good business and basketball player but in the end his heart was always in Ohio and Cleveland. He becomes a bigger name while keeping his hometown integrity and roots.

I have this whole thing played out in my head. Again, I don't know squat. I'm making an educated guess.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

I think there was a natural backlash that was bound to happen. LeBron was the golden boy after that 25 straight in Auburn Hills. And it grew into the next season and the next until it peaked in 09 when he got the MVP. Then his team got punched in the mouth by Dwight Howard. Then Delonte/Old %#$ Celtics. Then Free Agency 2010. His image had to go down, because you only get one Cinderfella story and he managed to stretch it out 3 years.

BINGO!

In my scenario:

LeBron will shrewdly play all this off as the media blowing up the situation, which they undoubtedly did. It's a win-win IMO. He gains a bunch from the media hype but then can use their stupid missteps and incredulous speculation as reasons why him leaving seemed more likely than it ever actually was. LeBron will say that he had to weigh his options, like any good business and basketball player but in the end his heart was always in Ohio and Cleveland. He becomes a bigger name while keeping his hometown integrity and roots.

I have this whole thing played out in my head. Again, I don't know squat. I'm making an educated guess.
If you don't know squat the guess aint educated. #Justsayin

BINGO!

In my scenario:

or he just says %$*@ them *%*%% +%@!%% that failed to give him a reasonable 2nd option that wouldve gotten him a chip by now and goes to a new team

bron doesn't claim loyalty to cleveland, he always just thanks the city and the fans..i really don't see the reasons for him to stay other than he's from akron, and half of ohio would off themselves if he dipped

the hometown hero's always a great story but I can't believe that lebron would let something like that influence his decision..if he was really concerned about how Ohioans would feel, he wouldn't have been flossing that Yankees cap so damn hard..during the playoffs at that

Originally Posted by MeloVP

BINGO!

In my scenario:

or he just says %#%+ them %@%%$ ##*#$! that failed to give him a reasonable 2nd option that wouldve gotten him a chip by now and goes to a new team

bron doesn't claim loyalty to cleveland, he always just thanks the city and the fans..i really don't see the reasons for him to stay other than he's from akron, and half of ohio would off themselves if he dipped

the hometown hero's always a great story but I can't believe that lebron would let something like that influence his decision..if he was really concerned about how Ohioans would feel, he wouldn't have been flossing that Yankees cap so damn hard..during the playoffs at that

Dude you falling into media hype. You really think that Yankees means anything when put up against all his time in Ohio and Cleveland building relationships, communities, all around his life there. I just don't see it being that easy to leave. There is just so much going against him leaving. His alpha dog legacy would be tarnished since he had to go somewhere else to win. Read this slate article: http://www.slate.com/id/2258669

DWade, you know what I was saying. I just don't want people coming at me later with the crap. I'm just stating that I'm making an educated guess but don't have any real insider information.

Originally Posted by MeloVP

BINGO!

In my scenario:

or he just says %#%+ them %@%%$ ##*#$! that failed to give him a reasonable 2nd option that wouldve gotten him a chip by now and goes to a new team

Dude you falling into media hype. You really think that Yankees means anything when put up against all his time in Ohio and Cleveland building relationships, communities, all around his life there. I just don't see it being that easy to leave. There is just so much going against him leaving. His alpha dog legacy would be tarnished since he had to go somewhere else to win. Read this slate article: http://www.slate.com/id/2258669
I was just using that as an example to say that he'd be hurting the feelings of a state, but he's done it before

he's going to decide this based on his personal needs, not on relationships and the community

Akron is the place in Ohio that matters, not Cleveland..that's just his place of business

and I don't buy that "alpha dog legacy" stuff, because what did MJ achieve before he started trusting his teammates? what would MJ be without scottie? without rodman, etc.?

only way said legacy would be tarnished was if he went to a team and wasn't the premier guy, which is why i never thought him and wade would team up

a star player is only gonna get so far and I think 7 years was more than a enough to build a formidable team around him, and they failed time and time again

the only difference would be that he switched cities..oh well..he didn't chose to go to cleveland, why should he be loyal to them

this dude, more than any other player in the L, has embraced the business side of the game, and bolting CLE would be an executive move
pimp.gif

not to mention the delonte/gloria situation..there's gotta be some animosity left over from that
roll.gif

Without Rodman? Btw MJ already had 3 rings under his belt. Mj won rings with Horace grant & bill cartwright as his PF BEFORE Rodman

If it came down to this, how would this starting lineup look?

PG - Parker
SG- T- Mac
SF- Gallo
PF/C - Amar'e
PF/C - Lee

We'd really be getting butthurt in the paint defensively, but Lee would still be our double double guy paired with the offensive explosiveness of Amar'e. I put T-Mac in there for worst case scenario purposes, but I still hope he's able to move forward with us, provided he's making a much more visible recovery. Perhaps Amar'e should bring along with him the Suns medical staff, eh?

I have not yet lost hope on landing Lebron, but I must admit this media pessimism is getting to me. It's still "Lebron or bust," right ppl?

If Bron doesn't sign with us, he will be referred to as LeSchmuck...Cleveland bites and the best thing they got going for them is that new show with Betty White. I can understand the loyalty factor, but this is a business. Let's stop talking about how they gave him a chance. Anyone with that first pick would have taken him.

If he had been a Kwame, he woulda been traded long ago and no Cleveland/Ohio resident would have given a rats +$* about him being born there, raised there. If he wants to win, he knows where to go.

Cleveland is not scheduled to have any significant cap room until '12 if he signs with them.

If Bron doesn't sign with us, he will be referred to as LeSchmuck...Cleveland bites and the best thing they got going for them is that new show with Betty White. I can understand the loyalty factor, but this is a business. Let's stop talking about how they gave him a chance. Anyone with that first pick would have taken him.

If he had been a Kwame, he woulda been traded long ago and no Cleveland/Ohio resident would have given a rats +$* about him being born there, raised there. If he wants to win, he knows where to go.

Cleveland is not scheduled to have any significant cap room until '12 if he signs with them.

^You're not making a lot of sense... Lots of tangents and references to stuff that hasn't been said. I don't get the Kwame reference or the chance reference because it's a pointless hypothetical. He is LeBron, he has been there for his whole life, and he is one of the best, I think the best, players in the NBA.

you guys really think this man didnt have an idea what he was doing before all these meetings?
laugh.gif
please. im sure lebron knows exactly where he's going since day one

btw, wade said something but I really don't care to post the new article because I don't think he's coming here
grin.gif

^That's what I'm saying and think. This is just a big scheme. It's incredibly genius, if I'm right. If you look at, maybe some of these rumors that a lot of media members reported were substantiated by "Lebron sources" who just put stuff out there to stir the pot. I mean looking at houses, these summit talks, etc. It just keeps the door revolving until he makes his decision. His name continues to spark headlines.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

btw, wade said something but I really don't care to post the new article because I don't think he's coming here
grin.gif

what ever made u think wade was coming here? seriously. that man hasnt even been on my radar coming to nyc.

i never did think or say he was coming here

but according to the article, he was quoted as saying " Bring me someone else and I'll get you a ring"

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

95q5fq.jpg

^That's what I'm saying and think. This is just a big scheme. It's incredibly genius, if I'm right. If you look at, maybe some of these rumors that a lot of media members reported were substantiated by "Lebron sources" who just put stuff out there to stir the pot. I mean looking at houses, these summit talks, etc. It just keeps the door revolving until he makes his decision. His name continues to spark headlines.

what is so genius to you? lebron and his friends learned how to manipulate the media? politicians been doing that for years.

i really don't understand what he owes the cavs. they had 7 years to put a legit #2 next to him and came up with mo williams, 79 yeat old shaq, and Antwon. what so when he doesn't win the next 3 years it's okay to leave? 10 years of losing is enough? NO the same process will start. he's from here. we have financial room now. cmon home is home

guilt really is the only reasonn to stay. he needs basketball reasons to leave but not to stay?

if bosh gets S & T to rockets and lebron stays, CHI or we get Wade. don't see him going to depleted MIA with just david lee or boozer. i never saw him coming, but money talks.

Wade can be a certified hero in NYC. the guy who killed pat the rat and won a ring in NYC when lebron didn't have the balls to come.

Originally Posted by DubA169

what is so genius to you? lebron and his friends learned how to manipulate the media? politicians been doing that for years.

i really don't understand what he owes the cavs. they had 7 years to put a legit #2 next to him and came up with mo williams, 79 yeat old shaq, and Antwon. what so when he doesn't win the next 3 years it's okay to leave? 10 years of losing is enough? NO the same process will start. he's from here. we have financial room now. cmon home is home

guilt really is the only reasonn to stay. he needs basketball reasons to leave but not to stay?
This

Originally Posted by Remi23

Originally Posted by DubA169

This
the way he left the court when he lost to the celtics just made me beleive he wont stay in cleveland. i just want the knicks to get better with or without him

Back
Top Bottom