The thing is, JJ has been terrible EVERY postseason, not just this one guys.

If he could step up more consistently, i'd def want him.

Originally Posted by BangDak

The thing is, JJ has been terrible EVERY postseason, not just this one guys.

If he could step up more consistently, i'd def want him.
nah, he was doing his thing before have his orbital bone broken against the Spurs.

I'll echo what others have said. If Joe Johnson end up being the Batman here, then I don't want him. But if he's the Robin to another elite player and possibly the bait to lure LBJ, then we absolutely have to take that chance.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

He's not worth the max, partially due to not being a #1 and partially because of his age. But he's not some bum all of the sudden. His true value to me, is probably around 12 mill a year.

i would love to hear what you think David's value is....

i put JJ at 14 million. he was playing in a terrible system, similar to lebron's demise. ISO dribble, dribble, dribble pop a jumper.

and his team straight up quit on him too. josh smith was WALKING up and down the court.  but we all agree that he can't be "the man". i think he would be a better #2 than most teams that aren't the lakers. yes he's better than billups, jameer nelson, i think he's better than Manu or boozer. dude would be a great #2.

nobody can get it done until they get it done. people were saying Pau can't win in the playoffs, Odom can't win, ray allen can't win.... now Pau, he's the best #2 in basketball, and helped save kobe from his chucking ways. Odom and ray doing fine too.

how about Mr. Kevin "i dissapear in the 4th quarter" garnett. you put JJ around lebron and in Mike D's offense. it's completley differant results imo

Atlanta also has the worst offensive sets in the league. So it's not a surprise that they can fall apart and look so awful so quickly.

Johnson hasn't been terrible, the last three playoffs with Atlanta he's averaged 18 ppg, 4.5 rebounds, and 4.1 assists, while shooting, 40% from the field, and 34% from 3 but he was ice cold this past playoffs so that hurt him. Not out of this world numbers, but not god awful either.

He would absolutely thrive with a great player taking the pressure off him. Does anyone think he's worth the max? No, at least I hope not. But if things start happening (Bosh to Miami) and that we think Johnson is the way to Lebron, then we go for it.

plus JJ in Mike's system is what got him that deal in ATL

this is his second coming..Joe Johnson will def be a Knick..and at sub-max

IMHO I don't think David Lee is worth a penny over $9 million. But then again, to most people, that's hating on him.

JJ is a GREAT 3rd option and a really good 2nd option and a terrible franchise guy.

He was "the man" in ATL because he had the best contract. The Hawks had an amazing all-around squad; Al Horford (all-star) Josh Smith (All NBA-2nd Team Defense and explosive athlete), Mike Bibby (veteran PG who's been within a few games of the NBA Finals), Jamal Crawford (best 6th man in the league).

That team was loaded and when it really came down to the nitty-gritty in the playoffs when they needed JJ to step up and carry them home, he couldn't do it. He's even admitted he'd be most comfortable being a third option.

then gallanari can be the 2nd option and JJ can be the third. Gallo seems like an aggressive guy. it's all semantics.

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

I'm still not sold on Lee. I think he's a good player, but def not a max guy.
laugh.gif
obviously

keeping lee would mean we wouldn't have to spend another max

we were tryna get him for 8 last season and I think he wanted like 10

he has some leverage with his AS berth but he wants to stay and he'll take whatever
grin.gif

i'd say he's worth 10-12 a year

are yall in NY starting to get the feeling Bron is staying put? I just saw a post that Wade told Boozer he would be welcome. %@*+%!! pat Riley got wade doing all the dirty work

i heard some guy talking about lebron would stay put because his moms is nuts and the press would eat her alive.

New York is the biggest market, they can't keep a story like delotne and his moms off limits. chicago is a huge market and they wouldn't keep that story under wraps either. so they are saying if he stays she can still pull off the party girl act and never have bad press

if your moms is holding you back like that.... holding you back from reaching your max potential....i mean wow i have no words. most teams in the east is going to end up with at least one max. he's okay with being known as the biggest loser to ever play in the NBA, all to save his mom from big market press?

the tampering rules in the NBA are ridiculous. wade has been talking to people for a ++*!@*# month putting everyone at a disadvantage. whole sport needs the change. i welcome the new CBA.

The "King" may be close to finding his castle.

LeBron James has checked out several West Village townhouses, raising the hopes of city hoops fans that world's greatest basketball player could be playing for the Knicks next season.

"King James" has fallen in love with one of Manhattan's most coveted neighborhoods -- which is just minutes from his other potential future home, Madison Square Garden -- said a broker who showed him the luxurious pads.

"He seems to be set on that neighborhood," big-league broker Dolly Lenz told The Post.

That's in part because the townhouses won't make the 6'8" Akron native worry about ducking when entering a room.

townhouse--300x450.jpg

Kendall Rodriguez

DOWNTOWN SHOT: LeBron James toured this townhouse during a Village house-hunting trip.

"His main concern is ceiling heights," Lenz said.

One of the addresses the current Cleveland Cavalier star toured was 23 Perry Street, where "Piano Man" Billy Joel and his ex-wife, celebrity chef Katie Lee, lived.

The four-floor townhouse, which is listed at $12.95 million, has been featured in numerous glossy magazines and one of Lee's best-selling cookbooks.

It has four bedrooms, four bathrooms and the master suite has a private, landscaped terrace to check out the un-Akron-like views.

The 4,000-square-foot home also includes a fireplace, elevator, indoor pool, and a garden with a sound system.

There's custom cabinets and wine storage in a kitchen literally built for a chef.

The two-time MVP also took a peek at a 63rd-floor apartment in the Time Warner Building in Columbus Circle. That home, which includes floor-to-ceiling windows, is on the market for $14.95 million.

James wasn't just in town to house-hunt, however.

Last Thursday, he was at nightclub Avenue where Mary J. Blige sang a few numbers at the table next to him, Page Six reported.

He then watched the US World Cup match Saturday at Serafina on the Upper East Side while the whole restaurant gawked at the potential savior of the city's basketball franchise.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/lebron_eyes_village_digs_Fw28y5O2qqAigWvF9lV45L#ixzz0sMKaqvvA

yeh things will change big time...Wade is lucky he has south beach and no income tax behind him....even when the rules change there will be no way to stop folks from talking to each other. I doubt anyone gets caught up over a text message.

By the way, I mentioned this on Twitter;

I was listening to The Herd with Colin Cowherd on ESPN Radio this morning and he was talking about reasons why LeBron might leave (he predicts that he stays in Cleveland) but he said something to the like of "a situation between LeBron's teammate and his mother, which caused LeBron a lot of tension and caused tension in the locker room. I can't report about it but you can look it up on the internet. It's well known here at ESPN."

That's the first time I heard about the Delonte West/LeBron's mom thing outside of the internet.

All I can say is wow.

while on my lunch break....

I was  actually interviewed by some girl after taking the pic on 32nd & 8th. She was polling Knick fans on their reaction and I said  I wasn't impressed.

^ thats the guy. he was saying in NYC a story like that would never NOT be reported. so he will stay and protect his moms image

We can get bron jj n keep lee... But

who knows what jj will think when he sees what other teams offer him

Back
Top Bottom