2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

He meant the design was a basic, classic shoe that Nike thought, "Hey we can take this old silhouette and make some hyped versions." (Something that Nike does with everything.) Not that the dunk was specifically created to make hyped collabs. @ 5:13 he showed a pic of them in the 80's so I think they know.
He calls it a "bland sneaker...with a bland construction... used to make money off of"

His whole tone disregards that Dunks have been being retroed and had a following before this hype-era. I would bet that he doesn't know the history of Dunks in the 2000s. He just sounds like someone who just became aware of them.

He calls it a "bland sneaker...with a bland construction... used to make money off of"

His whole tone disregards that Dunks have been being retroed and had a following before this hype-era. I would bet that he doesn't know the history of Dunks in the 2000s. He just sounds like someone who just became aware of them.

Yes? He never claimed he did. He works with leather and is only judging off of construction and materials. He takes apart hand crafted/top grain leather boots, so by comparison you can see where his comments come from. He never claimed to be a sneaker enthusiast.

76DFA838-A289-44B5-AC77-3E8C411BFB29.jpeg

This ain’t no new knowledge to anyone but I’m actually surprised GR Dunks have this amount of real leather it’s so plasticity that I assumed it was synthetics for most of the upper

SUPER THANKFUL he started doing the cut in half videos but IN NO WAY is he a sneaker head at all hahah dude doesnt know JACK

WHICH IS why i appreciate his perspective more, fresh look at a sneaker and his cobbling kwowledge helps explain basic fabric science

Back
Top Bottom