2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

U may purchase then my friend
Done.

F1E3B9B6-B816-45D4-8CD6-F9D5345A5151.gif

So let me get this right, one of the best themed pair of highs in ages and they are uber limited?

Nike has the worst creative team in history when it only makes decent dunks for collabs
C'mon son. You been looking at nikes for a long time. You haven't figured out that they make the good stuff limited and that it brings more attention to the brand as a whole? They don't want 420 people to buy one thing and leave it at that. They want thousands and thousands of people's attention drawn on them so that they can continue to show them more products.

What gets your attention more "Nike releases marijuana-themed dunk limited to 420 pairs" or "Nike releases marijuana-themed dunk" ? I already know the answer since you made a post about it.

I can't understand the point of having 420 people walk around with the shoe.. its so infuriating.. **** is honestly corny. Next it'll be a stupid @ss dalmatian Dunk and they'll release 101 pairs on January 1st..

Like come on man.. I get why its 420 but 420 pairs.. really?? And my Bday is the day before too??**** you Nike :lol:

C'mon son. You been looking at nikes for a long time. You haven't figured out that they make the good stuff limited and that it brings more attention to the brand as a whole? They don't want 420 people to buy one thing and leave it at that. They want thousands and thousands of people's attention drawn on them so that they can continue to show them more products.

What gets your attention more "Nike releases marijuana-themed dunk limited to 420 pairs" or "Nike releases marijuana-themed dunk" ? I already know the answer since you made a post about it.

I mean youre definitely right but looking at history of the amazing creativity behind SB. I am really confused at the rollout of what we are getting, very sub par GRs for the most part and the designs (I personally like atleast) are all collab pairs.

Im not really mad at the fact that dunks are popular right now or hard to obtain in general. But the fact that it's a pretty simple formula for them to create great shoes (A1 materials and references).

Maybe that will turn around as we have these 4/20's, Strawberry coughs, Griffeys, Grateful Deads, Medicom, Ben & jerrys, and atmos elephant. Maybe they all wont be super exclusive.

I can't understand the point of having 420 people walk around with the shoe.. its so infuriating.. **** is honestly corny. Next it'll be a stupid @ss dalmatian Dunk and they'll release 101 pairs on January 1st..

Like come on man.. I get why its 420 but 420 pairs.. really?? And my Bday is the day before too??**** you Nike :lol:
Maybe its 42,000 pairs eh

I mean youre definitely right but looking at history of the amazing creativity behind SB. I am really confused at the rollout of what we are getting, very sub par GRs for the most part and the designs (I personally like atleast) are all collab pairs.

Im not really mad at the fact that dunks are popular right now or hard to obtain in general. But the fact that it's a pretty simple formula for them to create great shoes (A1 materials and references).

Maybe that will turn around as we have these 4/20's, Strawberry coughs, Griffeys, Grateful Deads, Medicom, Ben & jerrys, and atmos elephant. Maybe they all wont be super exclusive.
Back in the day a lot of pairs were really limited, too. I'm sure it helped generate foot traffic into skate shops that needed it. It just wasn't in the height of e-commerce and third party resellers like we have now. Nor were as many people trying to buy them. Everything a company like nike does is for a reason - the buzz and hype gets them more money in the long run than producing 50,000 of one sneaker will.

Less than 10% gonna be walkin around in em.

Back in the day a lot of pairs were really limited, too. I'm sure it helped generate foot traffic into skate shops that needed it. It just wasn't in the height of e-commerce and third party resellers like we have now. Nor were as many people trying to buy them. Everything a company like nike does is for a reason - the buzz and hype gets them more money in the long run than producing 50,000 of one sneaker will.

Yo.. but this is my EXACT thing lol.. its not 2004 anymore.. they limit stuff in a way that doesn't make sense in 2020. You'd get stuff like 50k AJI's made in 01.. but you kind of had to care and know to get them. So its exclusive but those who want should be able to access them. The numbers today are more like lottery than access.

The whole marketing hype look at me rational is tired.. not because it isn't true or something but because its like we get it already.. and if we're being real, a DOPE shoe sells and Ive never seen a solid SB that has been sooooo abusively massively GR that it somehow sucked and suddenly Nike was mega trash. Whats more? We're smack in the middle of 2020 where Dunks like Blueberrys, Shadow J Packs, and Infrared sold out.. did we REALLY need these Skunk 2.0's to be limited to 420 pairs???

IDK if the 420 pairs is literally true but if it is.. 420 pairs in 2020?? Thats not a release... thats friends n family. :lol:

Yo.. but this is my EXACT thing lol.. its not 2004 anymore.. they limit stuff in a way that doesn't make sense in 2020. You'd get stuff like 50k AJI's made in 01.. but you kind of had to care and know to get them. So its exclusive but those who want should be able to access them. The numbers today are more like lottery than access.

The whole marketing hype look at me rational is tired.. not because it isn't true or something but because its like we get it already.. and if we're being real, a DOPE shoe sells and Ive never seen a solid SB that has been sooooo abusively massively GR that it somehow sucked and suddenly Nike was mega trash. Whats more? We're smack in the middle of 2020 where Dunks like Blueberrys, Shadow J Packs, and Infrared sold out.. did we REALLY need these Skunk 2.0's to be limited to 420 pairs???

IDK if the 420 pairs is literally true but if it is.. 420 pairs in 2020?? Thats not a release... thats friends n family. :lol:
You right. But that's still how we the consumers see it. Nike doesn't care about that, they only send out surveys asking how you like your experience on their website. I filled that out knowing damn well I wasn't ever gonna get that $500 gift card, either :lol:

i get nike's marketing approach, but even after years of being a customer, i'm not sure that i actually get it (might be because i'm not in marketing though).

sure, they can limit a release to 1,000 pairs or something, but is that actually generating new hype for the brand at this point? how much more (new) hype can the brand generate? it already dominates the sneaker market in the US, and likely in other areas too. by the age of 10, i'm positive that 90% of the world knows what a nike shoe is, what the swoosh logo represents, etc. at some point, as KanyIZZY KanyIZZY said, the marketing hype is tired at best. some of the best releases get turned into uber limited drops that end up preventing a lot of folks from buying the shoes. based on the goat/stockx activity i see after most major releases, a decent chunk of pairs just end up on the resell market anyway, which makes the situation worse for the consumer. if anything, this shows that nike is leaving money on the table.

with sb, nike dropped the ball for years. they can blame marketing or anything else all they want, but ask any sb fan in this thread and they'll tell you that as much as they love nike sb, good releases were sporadic for a few years. now, as they've finally had a steady few months with good drops, they still haven't adjusted the supply to reflect the new (increased) demand and they make it worse by doing an ultra-limited release that's a rehash of an already highly sought after release? doesn't really add up. if the fiends want it, flood the streets. it doesn't have to be < 1,000 pairs vs. 50,000+, there's a nice sweet spot that i'm sure they can aim for.

420 pairs would be a huge backdoor bump for skateshops, especially now since theyre hurting bad.
shop gets 10 pairs in, could easily net 1k+ for each pair at a consignment.
would suck for us regular consumers & collectors, but be great for struggling skateshops.
ESKtyK4XsAIl2oF.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom