2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

PHILLY HEADS

heading to philly this coming weekend. staying in society hill. i know about ubiq (but haven't been) and mitchell and ness. 

worth going to ubiq? any other good spots downtown for kicks/streetwear downtown?

PHILLY HEADS

heading to philly this coming weekend. staying in society hill. i know about ubiq (but haven't been) and mitchell and ness. 

worth going to ubiq? any other good spots downtown for kicks/streetwear downtown?
On south street you have: Nocturnal (Kerry Getz' Skate Shop) - they usually have a good selection of SBs and other various skate shoes, nothing rare though; Suplex - A consignment boutique like flight club but not as big; VILLA and some other smaller sneaker shops - the usual, nothing rare or hard to find.

UBIQ is definitely worth checking out and there is also another consignment type shop in Northern LIberties called Sole Control.

Last edited:

Premier is always on point. Ordered my SOMP's from them, super cool dudes that work there and very good customer service, quick shipping, etc. I always order from Premier if possible.
The BAOs were the first thing ive ever ordered from premier and i got them 2 days later, i was super impressed.  Also they wrote on the receipt "Thanks 'Insert My Name' ".  I know thats just a little thing to do, but as a customer it made me feel like they appreciated my business.  I will definitely order from them again, and i love that they put the shoebox in the Premier bag..

Outside of the Kobe 9 what other basketball shoes have used flyknit? I know they've tried using Engineered Mesh on some models, but I can't think of any other pairs aside from the KB9 that have used it, and with its limited availability, it makes me think that it's a chore to get a decent yield of them.

I think that with the use of flyknit and the fly wire threading they could totally make something that actually resembles a hacky sack if they wanted to, wouldn't last more than a minute or two if used for skating, but it'd be interesting to see.
Dude to be honest with you, I can't remember what they were called. I picked them up from a local outlet for a decent price. The shoes just didn't do it for me. I play the post so when I spoke to some the guys that I balled with there was mixed reviews as well with the flyknit material. Some of them said that it just isn't for big men and some said that they had no problems with it. A couple of my friends that are runners said that it was trash. I tossed them and went back to what I was wearing before.

Last edited:
I feel like the flyknit on the kobe 9s is pretty tough, but I don't know that it'd be as good for skating. I definitely think flyknit opens up a lot of cool design opportunities, and I think we've yet to really see flyknit and leather incorporated though it could be very cool.

I'd love to see a flyknit upper on a dunk, but I'm worried how the shape would look. I'd be more interested in seeing just certain panels done in Flyknit, but I'm not sure if that's even possible.

Basically how I feel about it.

The BAOs were the first thing ive ever ordered from premier and i got them 2 days later, i was super impressed.  Also they wrote on the receipt "Thanks 'Insert My Name' ".  I know thats just a little thing to do, but as a customer it made me feel like they appreciated my business.  I will definitely order from them again, and i love that they put the shoebox in the Premier bag..
Yeah, every little thing they do is just a nice touch. Real quality shop.

My beef wasn't with Premier at all and after I posted it kinda seemed like it since the Baohaus just popped back up. I love Premier and it's one of my favorite shops to buy from, I guess my post was more about hype build up from the misinformed or resellers who've bought due to sellouts and "restocks". Of course with most all shoe releases there will always be someone trying to make a bit of change by reselling but to me it's just become a nuisance to see listing of a GR starting at $120 with a BIN twice the retail. Just ranting I suppose haha. Repped the both of yous.

Thanks for clarifying, I've always wondered myself how the GR/QS allocation works. Repped as well

Fire heinekens 
nthat.gif

Personally, I think flyknit is cool and could work on SBs, but not dunks specifically. Dunks are relatively rigid, and aside from aesthetic I dont really think it would really add anything to such a bulky and stiff shoe. 

Maybe flyknit Lunar One Shots could be sick though

-Also- lets not forget that these are cookin, could def see a flyknit version of them coming in the future:

/beginrant

I'm done ooping stuff for people. This isn't SB based just NT in general, though I have had a couple times recently on the SB thread where I offered for retail, person accepted and requested invoice, and never paid. I know there are good dudes especially in here, but otherwise people are straight leeches and will never return the favor.

/endrant

Sorry had to vent, back to the SBs

Flyknits SB Dunks or Reg Dunks would be nice but it has to be executed properly or it will turn out super ugly like those woven dunks.

Flyknits products are also pretty expensive compared to the retail of SB & Regulars Dunks 

Premier is super legit, one of my favorite shops and places I've ever purchased from. I've practically had next day shipping on. numerous weekday orders (I'm in Ohio so it's only a state away) and the hand-written "thank you _____" makes you feel appreciated haha.

So I started to use my suede brush on the Right shoe to bring back some of the nap after I cleaned them with Jason markk because of blue jeans bleeding on them. Nap is coming back slowly better than having blue stains on them

PHILLY HEADS

You can hit up Exit Skateshop and Nocturnal

I think Ubiq sucks anymore

/beginrant

I'm done ooping stuff for people. This isn't SB based just NT in general, though I have had a couple times recently on the SB thread where I offered for retail, person accepted and requested invoice, and never paid. I know there are good dudes especially in here, but otherwise people are straight leeches and will never return the favor.

/endrant

This is the one of most frustrating thinsg IMO, it's a joke. I'll answer WTB ads and offer retail and dudes still won't pay. Or try to "negotiate" $5, like really? I can see if it's a high priced shoe but retail?

/beginrant

/endrant

This is the one of most frustrating thinsg IMO, it's a joke. I'll answer WTB ads and offer retail and dudes still won't pay. Or try to "negotiate" $5, like really? I can see if it's a high priced shoe but retail?
I was ranting about this earlier to someone at work LOL...there was a few times where I've sold stuff for retail + tax/shipping ...thinking someone else would do the same...slim to none....makes me want to not do it at all.

By no means am I saying I don't resell...just saying

Last edited:
/beginrant

/endrant

thanks again for the YOTH's man
some people just have to ruin it for everyone else :smh:

/beginrant

/endrant

Just happened to me with this extra pair of Baos.... I feel you man.

has anyone ever seen a lace bag like this with their gold box pairs?

I am trying to buy a pair of red lobs but I've never seen a lace bag with the writing on the bottom so its throwing me off. Want to make sure its legit

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom