2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I think you guys are reading too much into the Captain America nickname. Think about all the SB colorways in the past that aren't actually collaborations and are nicknamed something because of the colorway. Do you think the Jedis or Boba Fetts had any affiliation with Star Wars? No, it's just a nickname that people came up with to identify the shoe. It isn't really a big deal. Nike never intends a lot of these shoes to have nicknames (unless they have official branding).
I think that was what most of our gripe was .....that the Captain America nickname made no sense whatsoever. The Jedi's resemble yoda and the neon green looks like that of a light saber. Same thing with the Boba Fett an Tauntaun SB's. Though they may not be an official collab with Star Wars, how else would you refer to those specific shoes?

I think that was what most of our gripe was .....that the Captain America nickname made no sense whatsoever. The Jedi's resemble yoda and the neon green looks like that of a light saber. Same thing with the Boba Fett an Tauntaun SB's. Though they may not be an official collab with Star Wars, how else would you refer to those specific shoes?

It's all subjective. It's just a name to help identify the shoe. The back of the shoe and the insoles are Captain America esque. People probably associate them with Captain America too because the Asian release is fairly close to the release date of Winter Soldier

i'm gonna call them the Fireworks... because my son was born on the Fourth of July... that'd be kind of cool to get a small pair and save for him to wear later. :smile:

I think you guys are reading too much into the Captain America nickname. Think about all the SB colorways in the past that aren't actually collaborations and are nicknamed something because of the colorway. Do you think the Jedis or Boba Fetts had any affiliation with Star Wars? No, it's just a nickname that people came up with to identify the shoe. It isn't really a big deal. Nike never intends a lot of these shoes to have nicknames (unless they have official branding).
Sorry bruh, as a comic book nerd it doesn't fly with me.  Besides, those aren't good examples to prove your point.

sick.gif

A while back someone posted a pic of the insoles and those were what was giving off a bit of a Captain America vibe for me. My point is that the nickname thing doesn't really matter. It's just a way of identifying a shoe easily

I still dont know how Corgi does it.He had 13 DS Size 10 1994 Jordan Bred 1s yesterday.

Who in the hell has that many OG's and he still has more?

Last edited:

I still dont know how Corgi does it.He had 13 DS Size 10 1994 Jordan Bred 1s yesterday.

Who in the hell has that many OG's and he still has more?
Look up the interview he did with some sneaker mag/website a couple years back. A good read. He's a true sneakerhead, obviously has the dough and seems to have deep connections but he's selling his collection that's supposed to be a couple thousand pairs. Pretty amazing if true, and at the rate he sells sneakers, I wouldn't be surprised if his collection really was that deep.

Back
Top Bottom