2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

20200821_171104.jpg
20200821_164941.jpg

Pretty dope pair in hand.... Which laces y'all liking??

Nike makes part of their brand and collabs pretty exclusive, and it fuels interest and demand, same old formula. Its like Nike are acting like advertising or marketing resellers (benefitting off of their limited sneakers, not limited or high prices necessarily). Then the resellers help Nike's marketing of limited products by scooping up as many pairs possible and reselling it for their benefit (profits).

Consumers don't get benefit from either Nike or resellers benefitting themselves.

Yes, to benefit consumers instead of just benefitting Nike’s image and resellers, is to just make more pairs or make pre-orders. But the winners here are just Nike and resellers.
I agree. But my stance has always been that even if Nike doubled or even tripled the number of pairs that they make when it comes to these collabs and limited pairs, IMO the interest, demand, exclusivity, etc., would be in no way negatively affected. Shts would still be hard to get, they’d still be limited, demand would still be high, those who obtained would still be part of an “exclusive” group, Nike would make even MORE money, resellers would still resell, but we’d (regular az buyers) benefit by having a better chance of obtaining. Seems like an all around WIN for everyone in my book. IMO the Travis Scott’s, Chunkys, Strangeloves, Grateful Dead pack, Purple Skunks, and others, would still sell out super fast, be hyped, and everything else, if their numbers were turned up a bunch. The only loss would be for resellers, as more pairs would mean they wouldn’t be able to resell for as high.

I agree. But my stance has always been that even if Nike doubled or even tripled the number of pairs that they make when it comes to these collabs and limited pairs, IMO the interest, demand, exclusivity, etc., would be in no way negatively affected. Shts would still be hard to get, they’d still be limited, demand would still be high, those who obtained would still be part of an “exclusive” group, Nike would make even MORE money, resellers would still resell, but we’d (regular az buyers) benefit by having a better chance of obtaining. Seems like an all around WIN for everyone in my book. IMO the Travis Scott’s, Chunkys, Strangeloves, Grateful Dead pack, Purple Skunks, and others, would still sell out super fast, be hyped, and everything else, if their numbers were turned up a bunch. The only loss would be for resellers, as more pairs would mean they wouldn’t be able to resell for as high.
Totally agree. Especially since most pairs won’t get worn anyway.
The sad reality of the situation is even if the upped production by 5x we’re all still gonna take Ls most of the time. It’s just more money for resellers.

Yeah the only way the upped production would actually be taken advantage of from a pure consumer POV is if bots/resellers numbers go down as well. Otherwise upping the production numbers just gives them more product to get and resell. We kinda really are in a lose lose situation no matter what changes (if any) get made.

I get the limited collaborations.

gotta have special stuff.

but to make so many regular dunks damn near just as exclusive just seems odd.

but they know the recipe so hey.
Gotta keep us interested.

Magically after typing all that I don’t care anymore. Lol.

I get what I get and dassit.

It's capitalism in a nutshell. These cats out here selling everything from pools, to macaroni and cheese. They don't care.
they all broke losers who basement dwell and dont ever wanna work for anything. they EXPECT free money. they think life is FREE

I agree, more people are able to get more pairs, its just that 100% demand would never be 100% fulfilled.

ABE5B4E3-3106-46F0-81B5-E7A8D40B9B94.jpeg
Could use some help here fellas black sheep laces just came torn between the black or white

Link edited in for anyone looking

Could use some help here fellas black sheep laces just came torn between the black or white

I put the black ones on my wife’s pair

Black laces for sure.

Today I actually saw some sbs in the wild. Kid was rocking strangeloves. I hardly see folks wearing sbs outaide in real life outside of sneaker lineups.

Back
Top Bottom