2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

It's been awhile

IMG_20181128_130248.jpg

Oh I’d almost bet money on it. As it was already mentioned, I can’t recall LeBron rocking SBs before the Yellow Diamond Dunks and now these. I means he’s got the most direct line to Nike imaginable, and wears a huge size, which makes it hard to locate older pairs anyways.
Not like it would be hard for them to whip up a pair or two of anything they’ve made in the past
I had been thinking the same thing

I doubt they would be making new shoes of old shoes even for celebrities. It could be the other way around people are starting to look back at SBS now especially since the diamond dunk release. Nowadays the sneaker market is just waiting to hype up the next release. Regardless what brand, there's always blogs that wanna talk about it and youtubers that wanna do a review.
As for me, unless it's some crazy heat I will always be retail or bust with sbs. I remember walking into blades years ago for the original red lobster release and just casually walking out with my size 8. No campout, no raffle, nothing....

I dunno but I just feel like they aren’t. I mean you got certain celebs rocking older SBs out of nowhere way more often all of a sudden. I’ve never seen LeBron rock SBs like that and now it’s Yellow Diamonds and Bullers? Hell, if Clark Kent and Greg Street can cook up SBs in the kitchen, I know it can be done and seeded to bigger celebs in attempts to hype SB.

But why whip up old pairs. Makes more sense to seed out pairs that are in circulation. Buellers don’t make me want to grab any new pairs, just go find old pairs.

But why whip up old pairs. Makes more sense to seed out pairs that are in circulation. Buellers don’t make me want to grab any new pairs, just go find old pairs.
I could see them making some for 'Bron, maybe not to exact specs...but yeah if "they" have them sitting somewhere ala fight club i could see them gifting for exposure

im sorry but i hate seeing bammas like Lebron all of a sudden wearing SB's... too rich and famous to be a hypebeast... jus sayin... >D
lol the dude has a lifelong Nike contract and is the premier athlete of the brand, I think I'll give him a pass on wearing anything with a swoosh. Also:

video-021322.jpg

nike-dunk-low-lebron-james-akron-ohio-pe-bbm899-m11-c1-2003-player-exclusive--cleveland-cavs-sb-steve-jaconetta-ajordanxi-8.jpg

I don't believe these fall under the SB line, and they were friends and family/hyperstrikes anyway. I'm just pointing out that he has a connection to dunks and knew they existed before 2018.

edit: I realize your posts says "like lebron" and you're not implying he's the only celebrity doing so lately. Still, SB dunks were the quintessential hypebeast shoe when the word came into fruition. A quiet few years highlighted by weak releases and low prices on ebay doesn't take away from the fact that SBs helped fuel the explosion of sneaker culture.

mail call! gold box banger and DS too . cant believe i stole these off ebay.
IMG_20181130_103215.jpg
so underrated. i remember going to flight club to try them on a few months after they dropped. my usual size was a bit tight on me, but i still regret not scooping them up since they weren’t too expensive.

congrats dude.

Lol. I put in the minimum bid and won. Thought for sure I was gonna get refunded.

You know I had to look up the listing :lol:

I figured it was BIN didn’t look closely. No idea how I didn’t see them myself.. not that I would have bid anyway. Great pickup though.

I was worried I’d get refunded on the EMB mids I won for $58.. not that they hold a ton of value, still.

Back
Top Bottom